Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Fishing in Elsass

5 posts in this topic

I live near the Elsass (French) border and I have found out that I can fish the Rhine if I want to without a licence in France you buy one in the shops like in the UK)

Is there anyone interested in going fishing like this from The Karlsruhe area .I have no kit anymore but am realy thinking about this .

Stu

I am still looking for someone to go fishing with from the Karlsruhe area !!!

We can fish in France (up the road) without out a Licence ...Just like in England you can get a permit in a shop

I have a car and also relatives in Elsass ...and if its this you are worried about I am a Happily Married Man

Stu

I fish in Germany (but I have my license) but I'd be interested in fishing Alsace if they have trout streams for fly fishing. What are the rules for that over there? I'm not in to the Rhine fishing for carp with 12 foot poles though.

Hi, I know this is an old post but I was wondering if you made it to France for fly fishing? I've been looking into fly fishing in France since it seems much easier to fish there than in Germany. I have a German fishing license but it's pain tryin to figure out which clubs own that part of the rivers and lakes. What I've gather is that you can just buy a license in France and fish any rivers and lakes that are open to public.  I am just starting out with fly fishing and would like to try out in Alsace region but I would be happy to hear your experience.