Stacking a tumble dryer on to a washing machine

8 posts in this topic

Have decided to (finally) invest in a tumble dryer.

I don't have room to put it on its own somewhere, can I stack it on top of the washing machine and if so do I need some special appliance or not?

ta

You just need to make sure that the washing machine is perfectly stable when on the spin cycle (using one of those reformed rubber mats is a great help, here - you can find them in any DIY shed e.g. Toom Baummarkt, Praktiker)) and then you should have no problem. Another one of the mats between the washing machine and the dryer wouldn't go amiss either for maximum safety and quietness.

K

Don't some also come with a special bracket on the back that you somehow attach to the wall for extra stability?

You can buy fitment brackets that lock them both together, I did not bother and have had no trouble with the dryer stacked on the washing machine.

We have a wooden board between them so we've got a little board on the side for the soap boxes. We put double stick tape on both sides of the board and it works fine.

I bought a "shelf" kit at Saturn to go between my washer and dryer. It has a shelf that slides out like a keyboard tray on a desk, so that I can put my laundry basket on it when unloading the dryer. It also helps the stability a bit, but I think it would be fine without it too. It cost about 35€.

Yes, I have my dryer stock on top of my washer. When my husband and I first went to the place where we bought our appliance we told them that we wanted to stack them on top of each other. They sold us a flat metal thing that divide both washer and dryer. When appliance store men came to our home with our washing machine and dryer, I gave them the metal separator. They had to laugh and said this will not work. Then they showed me what is needed to work that cost little to nothing. It was 2 long bracket that lay on the top and screwed to the back of the washer. One over to the right and the other to the left. The four foot of the dryer that they screw on is set inside the bracket. This will help it not to move.

You should go to the place where you bought your washer and dryer and tell them what you want. They should have the brackets for it. Also when you received your washer and dryer it should had came with 4 feet to be screwed on. I wish you good luck. I know the necessity of using space wisely.

i just did it without taking anything into consideration - and it works ... since more than one year