Health insurance enquiries made via TT

65 posts in this topic

The professional insurance brokers/financial advisers featuring on Toytown welcome your questions,especially in respect of the large number of health insurance enquiries.

However,it is increasingly the case that enquirers are contacting us all of us at the same time with the same questions,which is really unnecessary.

We all endeavour to give the best and most appropriate advice.The advice,information and quotes are the same right across the board.Please bear in mind none of us charges fees and you would not get the products at a different price from any of us or any other source,including direct from the relevant health insurance company/companies.

Taking out a contract with a health insurer direct will not save you any money or give you any extra advantages.On the contrary,you will get more unbiased and specific advice in respect of local legislation from a broker/independent financial adviser.The latter point is especially important in Germany.

To save both your time and ours, we would suggest and appreciate it if people contacted only ONE of us (your choice,of course)rather than "shop around",only to end up with the same advice,information and quotations,which only results in you spending more time and effort than necessary and keeping us all unnecessarily busy.

Thanks for your understanding!

John Gunn - Derrick Lohr - Holger Kretzschmar - Patrick Ott - Mike Woodiwiss

I am a professional independent insurance broker and authorised advertiser. Contact me.

The advice,information and quotes are the same right across the board.

You guys should probably all just form one company, vastly reduce your overheads and then split all profits down the middle.

I do believe he means shopping amongst these guys:

John Gunn - Derrick Lohr - Holger Kretzschmar - Patrick Ott - Mike Woodiwiss

Who happen to work together. I do believe he trying to say they work together so they provide the same information. So trying to save you time by saying this. I am guessing.

mmm not my understanding at all. Insurance brokers get paid commission on the products they sell by the insurance companies so that's how they make their money. The monthly premiums you pay to the insurance company do not differ from broker to broker or by trying to go direct. The policy price is the policy price. Independent brokers can give you advice on a wide range of policies and find one that suits you.

Is that what you're saying, John? Do you guys already work together? You, Mike Woodiwiss at "Spectrum International", Patrick Ott at "C R & Cie Insurance & Finance", Holger Kretzschmar at "Kretzschmar Insurance" and Derek Loehr at "Optimum Capital Management" all work together and provide EXACTLY the same advice and options?

John can´t be doing all that well, as he needs a new keyboard with a space bar since he joined TT.

Which reminds me. Would you buy insurance from an one armed man who used the phrase "Trust me" perpetually?

Added bonus: per·pet·u·al (p r-p ch - l).

Just to clarify matters, we ALL have our own companies,we do not work together,we enjoy friendly competition,we ALL respect each other as professionals and we have ALL agreed that we get many enquiries,do the spade work,take our time,think things over,submit quotes and advice,follow up on matters and then find out we have ALL done the same thing for the same potential clients.Nothing more,nothing less.This is a joint statement and,of course,refers ONLY to Toytown enquirers to US.

I am a professional independent insurance broker and authorised advertiser. Contact me.

His point is that since they can't compete on price, there is no point in sending the same enquiry to all of them to do the same work simultaneously to give the same advice. If they all see what the enquiry is here on this thread, they don't need to duplicate work for no returns. They may be able to supplement advice without duplicating advice. Seems a sensible non-compete agreement.

This article is in respect of HEALTH INSURANCE in Germany. It may seem strange but, yes, we, the mentioned Brokers etc., are all friendly and talk to each other especially on this very complex issue!. We are all independent and offer many other types of insurances. Of course, we all get 'paid for our services'! Commission is the most usual way of achieving this, although there are others who may charge Fees - and keep the commission paid to them by the insurance company - which is usually less than the Fee charged! - but that is another topic. There are plenty of arguments in this respect.

We get commission from those insurance companies that we place business with BUT we all get the same and there is no question of any of us just selecting the companies that pay the highest commission. You pay the same rate wherever you decide to transact your business. We all operate within ethical boundaries to provide the best and most appropriate advice for our clients.

OF COURSE you can shop around if you wish - the whole point of this message is just to let you know how WE work and how the 'system' works in general and perhaps save you time and effort. It is your choice of course.

It is important that you get the correct and appropriate advice. There are unfortunately enough examples of incorrect or inappropriate advice being given. Advice from friends etc., however well intentioned, may not always be relevant to you or indeed up to date. The legislation here is changing frequently and what applied to 'your friend' last year, may not apply to you this year.

We are all here on the end of a telephone to answer any of your questions - free of charge.

You pay the same rate wherever you decide to transact your business. We all operate within ethical boundaries to provide the best and most appropriate advice for our clients.

This is understood, but doesn't answer the question that I asked of John. If I ask for health insurance advice tailored to my specific circumstances am I guaranteed that each of you would individually come to the same conclusion as to what is the best policy for me to pursue in terms of cost and suitability?

OF COURSE you can shop around if you wish - the whole point of this message is just to let you know how WE work and how the 'system' works in general and perhaps save you time and effort.

The implication from John's posts was that the point of the message was primarily to save YOU time and effort. Of course if the answer to my question is yes then that's fair enough, but I honestly can't believe that it is.

Owain Glyndwr. Thank you for your understanding

Krieg. What is is that you think is 'not so good'?

SpiderPig. Can I offer you any more information?

Keydeck. Your suggestion about forming one company has been discussed but it would not be appropriate as we all also offer other products. Thanks for your suggestion anyway. We do operate a sort of 'unofficial' network, if, for example, one of us cannot provide a product that the other one can. This has been applied today at least 3 times.

The expatriate market in Germany is a niche market to some extent. There are not very many Brokers in Germany - or especially outside Germany - that can provide the specific local advice and knowledge required by expatriates here. Not much room for any Cartels!

My telephone number is 02432-80365. Any time - Evenings or weekends also if required! Or direct e-mail: spectrumint@aol.com

Good Lord, is it really that difficult to get a simple answer to a simple question? The assertion is that potential customers should only contact one of you to cut down on unnecessary workload with no pay-back for you and ostensibly to save time for the customer.

As such, are you saying that for a specific person with particular needs and requirements that you would all independently offer exactly the same advice?