May Day Anti-Nazi Demonstration

113 posts in this topic

took all my own advice (skipping flip flops, bringing cash, leaving the plants and spiders at home, not standing under any vats of boiling oil, getting out when it started getting complicated) and had a lovely time. No need to stay home skulking around my hovel as someone suggested was suggested, was home by midnight and watched the icky bits on tv this morning. Shall do so next year as well.

BTW folks... CHE wasnt some hero... he was considered the Heinrich Himmler of Latin America... he sent women and children to their deaths with their "crimes" being none other than "potential threats"... like many murderous fascist: he suffered from paranoira and schizophrenia - even Castro though him too extreme and unstable and that is why he was executed. The whole resurrected Che thing is all myth and urban legend... these same people ought to wear a t-shirt of Dr Mengele or Idi Amin.

For the "look the other way, not enough balls or spine to demand more from their society, etc." people that claim that people deserve a day of disobedience and their "free speech"... show me an event and a cause where this could be demonstrated? It is certainly not some non-political agenda gathering of thugs and spineless trouble makers getting together and throwing rocks into local business and property owner's windows, burning their cars, etc.

I think these delusional, out of touch people should be right in the middle of it, have their property looted, vandalized, trashed and take a rock to the head, see where they stand then. Mighty big talk from those who have never been front line of ... virtually anything. Problem with idealistic, naive individuals... all theory and no practice.

Want to show disobedience? Want to raise hell? Want to protest? Here are a few good causes: homeless right in front of our noses everyday on the streets of Berlin struggling to survive... looking the other way or pretending they arent there isnt a tolerant, social, caring society... while we are at it... how about hunger? how about domestic violence? how about discrimination?... sorry... I see it a bigger waste of time to throw rocks from the sidewalks and burning cars for "freedom of speech and fighting the man" or protesting big horrible USA and Britian aggressively waging war (which is not right, but not a lot protesting is going to do) than stepping over and ignoring REAL PEOPLE right in our own communities in need...

put this shit in perspective folks

problem with a lot of self proclaimed "liberal" and "socially aware" folks is that the concentrate way too much on the image and theory of it than the practice... which makes them worse than the bullying conservative/republicans and corporate fatcats who are least honest enough to let you know where THEY stand.

BTW folks... CHE wasnt some hero... he was considered the Heinrich Himmler of Latin America...

But he wears a cool hat and rocks an awesome beard.

Real conversation in a bar concert about 5 years ago:

A skinny teenager hipster approaches the bar where I am sipping my beer and watching the bands from the back, because I am that cool. Skinny hipster is wearing a Che t-shirt that is 2 or 3 sizes too small for him:

Me: Cool t-shirt

S.H.: Oh, yes, thank you

Me: That guy looks like he is really cool

S.H.: Yes, it is a cool picture

Me: By the way, who is he?

S.H.: I don't know, some guy from a band, I guess.

lol... Krieg, Ill give che that... cool hat... then again... i hate to say it, but hugo boss designed some kick ass uniforms for the SS too... regardless how the Germans ended up in WW2... there is no one that denies they certainly were well dressed and very impressive looking... always thought Mussolini had some really cool uniforms too...

Want to show disobedience? Want to raise hell? Want to protest? Here are a few good causes: homeless right in front of our noses everyday on the streets of Berlin struggling to survive... looking the other way or pretending they arent there isnt a tolerant, social, caring society... while we are at it... how about hunger? how about domestic violence? how about discrimination?

This doesn't hold true for everyone who was there of course but I think a lot of the uber-protesters are probably the same one's who want to watch the news and be entertained, not informed: homelessness, domestic violence, discrimination are all worthy causes but for them I'm sure they have too much baggage and not enough entertainment-value compared to say sitting on your arse all day and stopping some nazis from marching through the city(!) It makes people feel good in that it's seen as a terribly important issue, requires little to no labour to be invested and is a self-defining act.

As to the Anarchists/Nihilists they're all black t-shirt wearing idiots. What most of them don't realise is that it's the teenage hormones talking and what they're actually advocating is a society that is purely Darwinian in nature, the irony of course being that most of the kids subscribing to it probably wouldn't last five minutes.

Everytime I agree with David Mitchell (Mark) I feel just that little bit older :lol:

"This is just a zip, there's no pocket for this zip?!", "So?", "That's the way things are these days, let's just put a zip here a swastika there, why not? Who knows what these things were once used for, who the hell even cares."

Go on, have this one as well :)

post-77734-12728763454084_thumb.jpg

Too bad, the CIRCA idea doesn't seem to have caught on in Germany, because it sounds like fun.

Oh, they're usually around with any anarchist demo in BaWü, Hesse etc. 10-20 of them.

Go on, have this one as well

post-77734-12728763454084_thumb.jpg

LOL... this is hilarious... I wonder how often I may engage in ironic and equally ridiculous situations myself...no wonder I laugh at myself so much.

Next year I'm thinking about joining the anti-May-day parade. We'll get to torch a Prius and a 2CV then go smash windows at a squat and the local whole-grain co-operative outlet will get torched... just to show our middle-class displeasure.