Trains to Prague from Munich

167 posts in this topic

To be fair, it's 20 minutes by bus from Freising train station, I used it once and was lucky as there were no traffic jams. But:

2) Ever heard of early check-in, Self check-in Kiosks and traveling light as not to have baggage?

Yes, I use this, but thanks to anti-terror paranoia liquids are not allowed in hand luggage. Once I arrived to Munich airport 20 minutes before departure, luggage drop-off closed. Yes, I managed to be the last passenger at the gate, but had to sacrifice honey from organic apiary in Upper Franconia :(

So, plane is the worst means of travel for many reasons one of which is terrorist paranoia.

Get the bus its quicker and easier.

Having commuted back forth Prague-Munich for over a year, I tried every option and found Eurolines to be the most consistently cheap service and easy to use service , DB bus's can also be cheap if you can get a cheap ticket but this usually involves compromises . The Eurolines buses also have free Wifi, its not particularly reliable but good enough to check mail, you also get a drink and some crackers, this doesn't sound like much but DB would charge 3-4 EUR for that.

The bus stations both ends are also close to the main stations so getting connections either end is no problem.

Yes, I use this, but thanks to anti-terror paranoia liquids are not allowed in hand luggage. Once I arrived to Munich airport 20 minutes before departure, luggage drop-off closed. Yes, I managed to be the last passenger at the gate, but had to sacrifice honey from organic apiary in Upper Franconia sad.gif

So, plane is the worst means of travel for many reasons one of which is terrorist paranoia.

Oh for fuck sake, these same rules have been around for over 10+yrs now., you should have known about them already when

packing your suitcase the 1st time. If you had placed the questionable items in your checked baggage before had you wouldn't

have had a problem. You can only blame yourself for this time waster.

Hello,

Can I use the schönes wochenende ticket to go to Karlovy Vary?

Can I use the Quer-durchs-Land-Ticket to go to Karlovy Vary?

8 hours ago, SuGl said:

Hello,

Can I use the schönes wochenende ticket to go to Karlovy Vary?

Can I use the Quer-durchs-Land-Ticket to go to Karlovy Vary?

The bahn website is your friend for answering this question:

https://www.bahn.com/en/view/offers/regional/weekend-ticket-for-germany.shtml?dbkanal_007=L04_S02_D002_KIN0060_REGIO-INDEX-SWT_LZ01

With the weekend ticket for Germany you can travel on all local and regional trains operated by DB AG (S-Bahn, RB, RE and IRE) and other cooperating railway undertakings, as well as on many transport association services (local rapid transit, underground, tram and bus services) within Germany. You can also use many bus routes in Germany. The ticket is also valid on selected connections to Denmark, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Austria and Poland.

https://www.bahn.com/en/view/offers/regional/day-ticket-for-germany.shtml?dbkanal_007=L04_S02_D002_KIN0060_REGIO-INDEX-QDL_LZ01

With the day ticket for Germany you can travel in 2nd class on all regional trains (RB, IRE, RE) and rapid transit trains (S-Bahn) operated by DB and other cooperating railway undertakings