The Best Hummus in Berlin

16 posts in this topic

I am on the search for the best hummus in Berlin. I know that there's a lot of Turkish and Lebanese places all over the city but most of their hummus is pretty average. I am having dreams of my last trip to Israel and crave that fresh, creamy hummus... Does anyone know where I can find great hummus in Berlin? And what about fresh baked pita?

Tin of cooked chickpeas, 2 tablespoons Tahini, 2 gloves garlic, salt, pepper, olive oil. Mash or blitz in a blender.

Bob is, as they say, your uncle. Make this all the time, though it does make me fart a bit.

I love my homemade hummus but sometimes it doesn't do the trick...I want the real thing, or as close as I can get. It's gotta be out there...

My friend recently told me about this Middle Eastern brunch in Kreuzberg. Supposedly Israeli made ... She said it was super authentic. I just saw on Unlike that they're having a brunch this weekend: http://berlin.unlike.net/event_occurrences/108461-Middle-Eastern-Brunch

I think I'll try it. Anybody want to meet there?

Theres a few great places in Kreuzberg, Maroush on adalbertstr. and this cafe ^^^ does an occasional brunch on sundays which I heard is really good, at the Ïma Village I believe...

hey i've found it hard to find good hummus here let alone any. i like the hummus at baghdad near schlesisches tor (sp?) they serve it with flat bread.. but its good..

i've been wanting to find a mediterranean market, but haven't yet.

oase imbiss is a great palestinean place on warschauer str in fhain. their hummus is very good and so is their falafel.

there's a new israeli place called dvash on wühlischstr in fhain as well but i haven't been there yet. i heard even their pita is homemade.

there used to be an israeli hummus place in pberg attached to a yoga studio which was GREAT. all the israeli expats ate there. unfortunately they closed a while back.

most hummus in this city isn't good by israeli standards, that's for sure. i've had all sorts of food at the aformentioned baghdad and i can't stand it.

I really like the Casalot restaurant (near Oranienburger Tor). They have a great all-you-can-eat €9.90 Sunday brunch with lots of Hummus. Drinks are extra and the wait-stuff is annoyingly slow, but the food, in particular the very creamy hummus, is excellent. (The only thing that's missing is pine seeds on top.) Reservations are recommended. If you go there for the Sunday brunch you should order your coffee or tea as soon as they have given you a table because otherwise you'll most likely be done with the food before you get your drinks.

There is an absolutely brnad new israeli hummus place in prenzlauer berg, from the guy who used to do the hummus place next to the yoga studio at Dock 11.

It's called Zula, and it's at Husemannstrasse 10, just 50 meters from Kollwitszplatz.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=111515442206375&ref=mf

I think it's the absolute best, creamy, served with egg, chick peas, green chili paste. Always thought hummus to be bland. This guy does it right!

Hummus as Steve described it IS authentic. Homemade is much better than you'll get elsewhere. If it's not creamy enough for you, then shell the chick peas. The ingredients are simple, so if it doesn't taste like what you perceive to be 'authentic', then adjust the proportions of the ingredients until it suits you.

I went to the hummus brunch that I mentioned in an earlier post and it was delicious. And, an amazing deal--only 7 euro! I just called the cafe and the guy there said that they're having two more this month--on the 9th and 23rd of May. I def. will be back. Hummus junkies unite.

I'd love to make my own hummus again, but the price of tahini here has been prohibitive. Anyone know of a good outlet that sells it at a reasonable price? I've tried the usual outlets and Asia Markts without luck.

I really like the Casalot restaurant (near Oranienburger Tor).

I totally agree. Casalot is a really nice, food excellent including the hummus! and the staff very friendly.

i am researching the potential market for israeli-arabic food bar of humus falafel and the rest that goes

with it, will ne glad to get your feedback ,thanks , asfur