Chat about Ireland and things Irish

1,093 posts in this topic

I just want everyonre to know that I haven't read the thread and really dont know whats it about but I met these two hawt Irish girls a few months back. They are still hawt.

HondoMan, I won't forget it this time, I promise.

20 year old Potcheen, now that's got to be good!

20 year old? My goodness. Should I break out my best Cubans for this event? This truly is special, Tap. Thanks!! :)

Apparently we will be going to the Kerry county on the 14th of May.

So, what's there to see? I know what I'll be drinking but what food should we not miss? ;)

I discovered this gem on youtube. Monica Loolly aka Sean Moncrieff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T9fF7VOq-Q

Enjoy. :lol:

Funny.

I met a lovely older lady from Ireland in the supermarket checkout line today. We were chatting away about what a terrible long line it was; she had no accent at all, but then I asked her about her choice of oatmeal. I had Bob's Red Mill steel cut oats in my cart (winners, as you surely know, of the Golden Spurtel World Porridge Making Championship.) She had McCann's Instant. She said she didn't care for the steel cut oats because they take too long to cook, but she's loyal to McCann's, since she comes from Ireland. Dublin, by way of County Cavan. :lol:

Aw poor Gerry. I remember listening to his show over a cup of tea on cold winter's mornings in the plant nursery when I was 14. He was kind of a dose, but I always reckoned he was a nice guy, really. And definitely a good and interesting presenter.

I lived in Ireland for a while and I absolutely love the country and the people. I used to live in Cork City and had a lot of fun going to drama school there.

Gerry Ryan was found dead this morning in his apartment.

While I would never have described myself as a fan, his voice was definitely part of the fabric of my life growing up. Thoughts to his family.

Gosh I just saw this now.He was only 53.Always will remember listening to his morning shows in the summer holidays from school. R.I.P Gerry!

The Gerry Ryan show is one of the programmes I download every week and listen to as I drive around. I'm still in shock about this. I can't quite believe it and I can't bring myself to listen to his Thursday programme.

He shared his life with us on radio and I'm really going to miss him.

My heart goes out to his family, which he adored.

I think it's definitely one of those things where people will remember exactly where they were when they heard about Gerry Ryan. I was home for the weekend and wasn't even out of the airport before the friend who was picking me up had told me. It was still front page news today. I didn't listen to him often but he was just part of the soundtrack of Ireland. It is kind of hard to believe he's gone.

Gerry Ryan was found dead this morning in his apartment.

While I would never have described myself as a fan, his voice was definitely part of the fabric of my life growing up. Thoughts to his family.

There was a good tribute on the Late Late show to him last Saturday. Its available worldwide on the RTE player.

anyhow, (no personal offence meant) but isnt it ironic that the old codger Larry Gogan still is as annoying as ever on 2fm at the age of 120 playing songs over half a century old to a youth audience on a youth station, and theres Gerry Ryan dead at the age relatively young age of 54.

If someone had to be chosen to meet his maker, then Mr Golden hour surely should have been the lucky one!!

I dunno i always found gerry fairly annoying to be honest, no replace with fairly with really. Still sad a man died young n all but christ I rememeber working in offices with him on the radio....

On a side note as this is irish forum; a few mates of mine are thinking of moving over to Austria/ SouthGermany to play trad music during the Uni holidays - does anyone know of a booking agents (pub size) I could put them in touch with or is it handled independently on a pub by pub basis?