Seaside weekend holidays from Munich

27 posts in this topic

I have been to Bibione every year for the last 6 and find it to be a great place, I normally stay at the Hotel Mayer, www.hotelmayer.it friendly family (german and english speaking) run hotel near the beach, price is about 55€ per person per night, this includes full board, breakfast, lunch and dinner, and your own sun lounger, deckchair and table on the beach, so no early morning trips to the loungers requried to beat the Germans in the Towel contests, anyone requires any further info PM me anytime

On 5/30/2005, 12:44:09, maddul said:

If you are after a great seaside experience Id rather go Grado or Lignano than Bibione. Bibione is REALLY only made to cater for mass german tourists, whereas Lignano and Grado are more classy. If you go the Udine (my old home town) route, then Lignano and Grado are even closer to reach than Bibione. Basically if you go to Lignano its all autobahn to Latisana (past Udine) and then about 15kms to Lignano along the straight state road, so its really really easy to reach from Munich. Lignano is also pretty cool because its actually 3 towns in one, so depending on what you are after you can find the perfect holiday experience. Lignano Sabbiadoro is where all the action is, like all the shops and boutiques. bars and clubs. Lignano Pineta is a more relaxed, layed-back but still pretty hip, whereas Ligano Riviera is a very peacefull surburb like enviroment mainly made for people who want to just relax and enjoy nature and the sea/beach.

lignano1.jpg

Grado is more of a "POSHY" place and all the richer families from the region go there. Typicall old-venetian like seaside town, not as much beach as Lignano or Bibione but the old town is much nicer and has more history, if thats your thing.

IF you like history, Grado is also pretty near Aquilea, an ancient roman sea port, where you can visit some pretty amazing Roman ruins and see an actuall roman ship, that was discovered just a couple of years ago, at the local musem.

Grado-Panorama.jpg

Hello Maddul, I know it's been more then 15 years on your Post but we were planning to go also on a reoad trip from Munich for a Long Weekend to one of those areas, Grado, Lignano or Bibione, we are Couple no kids, wanted a nice beach where you can walk safely and not that crowded, we were planning to go mid July. So, are there any changes in those areas or your recommendations? cause we really dunno where to go. Thank you for any Input. 

Lignano Sabbiadoro vs Bibione vs Grado 4 Day Recommendation?

Hello Everyone, I will try to be short. Please I need some recommendations to the above mentioned areas? We're planning my husband and I to go just for a long weekend to get some Vitamin SEA after one year of Lockdown :( so can anyone help and suggest the best place in mid July or August where could be not extremely crowded (I know might be Impossible) but just crossing all fingers if any still hidden not very well know area 🤣🤣 that we could go during this time??? and at least try to enjoy a Safe walk on the Sandy beach ? PLEASE HELP!!!!! or if any other better recommendations in this area are also welcomed... THANKS to allllllll....

On 5/30/2005, 12:44:09, maddul said:

If you are after a great seaside experience Id rather go Grado or Lignano than Bibione. Bibione is REALLY only made to cater for mass german tourists, whereas Lignano and Grado are more classy. If you go the Udine (my old home town) route, then Lignano and Grado are even closer to reach than Bibione. Basically if you go to Lignano its all autobahn to Latisana (past Udine) and then about 15kms to Lignano along the straight state road, so its really really easy to reach from Munich. Lignano is also pretty cool because its actually 3 towns in one, so depending on what you are after you can find the perfect holiday experience. Lignano Sabbiadoro is where all the action is, like all the shops and boutiques. bars and clubs. Lignano Pineta is a more relaxed, layed-back but still pretty hip, whereas Ligano Riviera is a very peacefull surburb like enviroment mainly made for people who want to just relax and enjoy nature and the sea/beach.

lignano1.jpg

Grado is more of a "POSHY" place and all the richer families from the region go there. Typicall old-venetian like seaside town, not as much beach as Lignano or Bibione but the old town is much nicer and has more history, if thats your thing.

IF you like history, Grado is also pretty near Aquilea, an ancient roman sea port, where you can visit some pretty amazing Roman ruins and see an actuall roman ship, that was discovered just a couple of years ago, at the local musem.

Grado-Panorama.jpg

Hello Maddul, I know it's been more then 15 years on your Post but we were planning to go also on a reoad trip from Munich for a Long Weekend to one of those areas, Grado, Lignano or Bibione, we are Couple no kids, wanted a nice beach where you can walk safely and not that crowded, we were planning to go mid July. So, are there any changes in those areas or your recommendations? cause we really dunno where to go. Thank you for any Input.