Elementary School in Taunus - What about Phorms?

25 posts in this topic

I have 2 children attending Phorms Taunus. My oldest has been with Phorms since the 1st Grade and will be attending the 5th year class this September.

I am happy to say that both my children has flourished at Phorms. The teachers are young and motivated. I am more than happy with the curriculum, after school activities and the facilities, as well.

My boys have always been bilingual. When my oldest started at Phorms, only 3 (in a class of 22) could speak English. 6 months later, we had a party with most of the kids in his class in attendance. And lo and behold, ALL of them could interact with me in English (since I don't speak German). 4 years later and I have seen all of these kids flourish. From a class of 22, only 3 are leaving to attend different Gymnasiums (reasons being location change). Every parent I have talked to (in both my sons' classes) are mostly satisfied with their childrens' progress and the type of "service" Phorms has given.

We all have different requirements when it comes to our children's education and educators. I suggest that apart from listening to other first hand experiences, it would be best if you also take the time to check out the schools you are assessing. Because there will always be good AND bad feedback due to differences in priorities and requirements.

I have been to 5 different private schools all over the Rhein Main area 5 years ago and really took my time in deciding which one I would send my kids too. I have no regrets in choosing Phorms.

Correction on that post from someone about school fees.

School Fees listed for Phorms is wrong. Their fee has always been based on your family's tax declaration. I know a parent who pays ca. 300euros and another parent who pays around 900euros. There is NO one fee at Phorms. Part of their concept is to have a "social mix" of different levels.

What I pay for has changed the past 4 years due to some changes in my family's financial situation, which is in line with their "based on tax declaration" rule.

Hi everyone,

We are considering school change for our son who is now in 3rd grade in European School Frankfurt and looking at Phorms Steinbach as a possible alternative.

Any up-to-date feedback from anyone on the school, teaching program, internal culture, etc. would be very much appreciated.

On 4/16/2010, 12:42:42, getin-jiggy said:

We too are looking for an International school for our 5+ yr old (to start in 1st grade) and quickly did a list of them along with their monthly fee & location:

The Accadis School (500 PM, Bad Homburg)

Rhein Main International Montessori School (490 PM, Friedrichsdorf, Taunus)

Phorms (500 PM, FfM, Taunus)

Frankfurt International School (1300 PM, Oberusel)

International School of Frankfurt (1100 PM, FfM)

Strotthoff International School (1300 PM, Dreieich)

Any school missing?

The latter 3 are on the expensive side, so would be great if you guys can share any experience with the first 4 in terms of class-size, facilities, education-method etc.

Thanks for sharing.

Theres also ERASMUS school right in the center (Messe area and now moving to ecb)

Anyone have any updates/opinions on the quality of the Phorms Taunus school? 

Considering it for my bilingual sons (eng/ger) as their German is too weak for the gymnasium.

Does anyone know what the pass rates are like? Do kids generally do well here? 

Also does anyone know if they support dyslexic learners? 

Thanks any info much appreciated. :)