The Accompanying Spouses' Support Club

1,087 posts in this topic

Hi all!  I wanted to leave a message to say hello & introduce myself.  I'm a 34 year old from New York and I moved to Berlin about a year ago with my husband.  He grew up here and is a native German speaker so the transition has obviously been easier for him than it has been for me.  While he does have some great friends in Berlin who have welcomed me with open arms, it would be nice to meet some new friends.  I kind of miss having a life of my own. ;)  His work schedule is pretty intense and I find myself with quite a bit of free time on my hands.  I would definitely love to come to the next event.

Until then, enjoy the sunshine!

:)

Hi everyone, 

First of all, this group is an awesome idea!! I would certainly like to join for your next event:)

About me- I'm a 33 year old Canadian and I moved to Berlin about 2 months ago for my husband's work. We had been living in Amsterdam prior to Berlin, and while this is not my first international move, I had forgotten that settling in doesn't happen overnight. I'm not working, and though I am studying, my courses are by distance, so it's not exactly the most social set-up.  

Looking forward to meeting the group!

Bye for now, 

Amanda

Hello ladies! Colleen is leaving Berlin so we are catching up at Tommi's Burger Joint on Invalidienstrasse, (Mitte) this Tuesday, 28th July at 1pm. Everyone welcome! Newbies please join us - there's also a Facebook group, search for 'lovely ladies of berlin'! 

http://www.burgerjoint.de/

If anyone struggles to find us, I"m wearing a long black shirt and a navy shirt with polka dots. We will be the loud, mixed group of beautiful ladies! 

Hello everyone, we're back from hiatus! These are the cafes that we'll be trying in the next six Tuesdays.
Please come joins us, there is always room at the table.

• August 4th: Parker Bowles. Deli. Kreuzberg.
  • August 11th: Trentasei. Italian. Mitte.
  • August 18th: Bar Gagarin. German. Prenzlauerberg.
  • August 25th: Azzam. Humus. Neukölln.
  • September 1st: Muse. Sandwiches/Burgers. Prenzlauerberg.
  • September 8th: Good Friends. Chinese. Charlottenburg.

Hello everyone, we're back from hiatus! These are the cafes that we'll be trying in the next six Tuesdays.
Please come joins us, there is always room at the table.

• August 4th: Parker Bowles. Deli. Kreuzberg.
  • August 11th: Petrocelli. Italian. Mitte Location.
  • August 18th: Bar Gagarin. German. Prenzlauerberg.
  • August 25th: Azzam. Humus. Neukölln.
  • September 1st: Muse. Sandwiches/Burgers. Prenzlauerberg.
  • September 8th: Good Friends. Chinese. Charlottenburg.

Minor change for clarity.

Hi, great restaurant choices. After a 3 year hiatus myself (I was abroad) I would love to join the group again. At what time are you meeting?

See you soon

Hi, great restaurant choices. After a 3 year hiatus myself (I was abroad) I would love to join the group again. At what time are you meeting?

See you soon

We meet at 1pm each Tuesday. I can't wait to see you and catch up!

Hello! I have just moved from America to Berlin last month and looking for some friends, I have a son whose a year and a half old, are toddlers welcome to come to the meetings? Thanks!

A quick reminder that Tuesday 4th, we will be meeting at Parker Bowles at 13:00.

There will be a table reserved but just look for a group of about six women.

See you there.

Ooh, August 25 Azzam, that's some great food!!! Might try to make it... :)

I have heard nothing but great things about this little place, can't wait to try it. I hope to see you there.

Hello! I have just moved from America to Berlin last month and looking for some friends, I have a son whose a year and a half old, are toddlers welcome to come to the meetings? Thanks!

Because of the dynamic of the group, it could be difficult for a child to attend. Sometimes, the group is small and the restaurant has enough room for a high chair and other times, everyone shows up and we've a bit of struggle for all of us to fit in one table. Other places in Berlin have a strict "no stroller" rule.

The restaurant that we're going this Tuesday is roomy and I personally don't see a problem with a small child to be there. Please come by and join us.

Because of the dynamic of the group, it could be difficult for a child to attend. Sometimes, the group is small and the restaurant has enough room for a high chair and other times, everyone shows up and we've a bit of struggle for all of us to fit in one table. Other places in Berlin have a strict "no stroller" rule.

The restaurant that we're going this Tuesday is roomy and I personally don't see a problem with a small child to be there. Please come by and join us.

Tomorrow, unfortunately will be too hot but yes, I completely understand. Maybe I will join the group once I can find a suitable Kita for my son then :) Thanks for your reply!

1pm Parker Bowles I'm planning to join today if I don't get lost!  The directions look simple but I'm really good at getting lost! 

Good afternoon, lovely ladies of Berlin,

I just discovered this forum and would like to introduce myself briefly. I am Bettina, 48 years old, German and therefore not an accompanying spouse...

I am posting this because I will (hopefully) be starting my own little business soon, and the idea is addressed to travelers from overseas who visit Germany. So you ladies are part of my "target group", and that's why I would very much like to get in touch with you. I promise I am NOT going to sell you anything, I just would appreciate some feedback on the idea before finally launching it.

So I'd be pleased to join you in one of your meetings - maybe next Tuesday? - for personal discussion or either contact you individually via e-mail - whatever you prefer.

Thanks for reading, I hope I didn't bother anyone. It would be nice to hear from you, if somebody wishes to contact me directly, the mail address is bk.berlin@yahoo.de.

All the best,

Bettina