The Accompanying Spouses' Support Club

1,087 posts in this topic

Hi everyone! My name is Margot and I am 31 years old. I am originally from Italy and I am one of the many non working new berliners who are here because of their husbands'/boyfriends'/partners' jobs. I love this city and do not regret the move, still I am finding it difficult to meet new friends who are in the same situation. While my husband is at work, I am involved in many activities: I do some editing and writing for a non profit organisation, I learn German, I explore the city and of course I take care of the house. I would love to meet friends here in berlin who are in the same situation, who bring their experience from all over the world and need some company, even in the form of an email...although coffee and chat would be better. Please leave your posts here and if we get to be at least three or four we can actually meet for coffee!!!

Each week at midnight old posts are automatically moved to the discussion archive.

Hi ladies,

thread updated for this Tuesday, 1pm as normal. Hope to see the regulars, and also any newcomers who've posted recently expressing an interest in joining, please come along this week!

Kay :)

Okay, since I know for definite that several of you won't be there, and since no one else has posted, the meeting this week isn't looking like it's going to happen :(

I may pop in at 1pm just to see if anyone is there, but I have other stuff to do also, so possibly catch you next week ;)

Hey, I'm a newcomer to this forum and town. I hope to have the chance to see anyone of you today! Have been looking forward to meet some new friends so please don't cancell the meeting!

Hey Cis,

We tried to look for you yesterday. I hope you didn't come and couldn't find us. There were only two of us there. Next week there should be a few more of us. Normally, we sit upstairs at a large round table in the corner. I hope to see you next time.

Ruthie

I will be there today, and I know that at least one other person will too!

I just wanted to let everyone know, especially anyone who might be coming for the first time. Hopefully we can get the large round table on the upper floor. :)

The Tuesday meeting is still on for tomorrow (6th) - although we know a few people might still be away due to Easter. Those of you who said last week that you were staying in Berlin - hope to see you tomorrow!

I am sorry to say that I don't think I will be able to make it today. I have a lot to get done in the next three days at work, and I won't be able to take a very long break today.

But I hope all of you have fun!!

:)

Hi!

I haven't been to any of the meetings since... I think october!! and I was thinking of going tomorrow... anyone else? is it still at the Schwarzes at 1pm? :)

I am planning on being there but I have class until 1pm, so I will see you as soon as I can after it is done:) Should be there by 1:15pm, I hope.