Games night Sun 24.Feb.2019 at Brettspielcafé Zamgwürfelt

1,049 posts in this topic

Everyone is welcome to join regardless of whether they have games to bring or not. We just mention them on the list to make sure that we will have at least a few games available. I doubt it is going to be a problem today.

Saturday, January 15th starting at 17:00 at Mils Sportrestaurant

Hans-Denzinger-Str. 2

U2 Milbertshofen

353 964 62

1) Degan

2) dalai (Chameleon, Dominion, Carcassonne)

3) DickyD (anything) (and this time I will make it !!!)

4) quaryn +1, maybe +2 (Fluxx, Boggle if anyone will play me!, Munchkin)

7) sirejk (bounty, infection + what fits my bag)

8) lucrecia +1 (Verflixxt)

9) lreilly (Deck of cards)

10) robin6 (Le Havre)

11) Sabine

12)

I look forward to seeing everyone at 17:00. I forgot Settlers back inthe US (again). Maybe someone else can bring it?

Only the Development cards have picture-less text on them in Settlers, so we can easily just explain those beforehand. There are only like 3 different types of those cards with text, I believe.

Hey sorry I wasn't there. I forgot the directions that I wrote down and then I couldn't find the bar. :( Hope everyone had a great time!

Saturday, February 26th starting at 17:00 at Mils Sportrestaurant

Hans-Denzinger-Str. 2

U2 Milbertshofen

353 964 62

1) Degan (do not know what I will bring yet, perhaps Settlers...)

2)

I will attempt to get one of the back rooms, but most likely we will be in the common area. Does anyone know it there is a big soccer match for us to compete with at that date/time?

Does anyone know it there is a big soccer match for us to compete with at that date/time?

According to the current schedule, Bayern plays Dortmund at 18:30 that day here in Munich. I would guess this qualifies as a big match judging by the current standings.

According to the current schedule, Bayern plays Dortmund at 18:30 that day here in Munich. I would guess this qualifies as a big match judging by the current standings.

OK, if I cannot get the back room (I plan to ask in-person tonight) then we ought to look elsewhere.

Hans-Denzinger-Str. 2

U2 Milbertshofen

353 964 62

2)

We have the back room.

Hans-Denzinger-Str. 2

U2 Milbertshofen

353 964 62

2) Sirejk - Plateaux and a bag-full of games.

3)

Hans-Denzinger-Str. 2

U2 Milbertshofen

353 964 62

2) Sirejk - Plateaux and a bag-full of games.

3) Lars & Mickey - now also with Civilization, Family Business, Roborally and Iron Dragon.

4)

Mickey piping in to say "What Lars said", but just wanting to ask if perhaps for March we could consider a different locale? I find the food at Mils rather uninspiring, and if ever we end up being on the same night as a sporting event, we might have to compete with TV viewers, which would suck. I realize the Can-Tine at Robin's is a little small especially if we only get the back room, but what other possibilities might be good? I'm all for supporting expat-run or expat-themed places...

Also, sheesh Lars, like we'd have time to play Civilization on game night! Better to organize a weekend game or somesuch!

perhaps for March we could consider a different locale? I find the food at Mils rather uninspiring, and if ever we end up being on the same night as a sporting event, we might have to compete with TV viewers

Please note that 26-Feb will be the same night as a big sporting event, and that we have the back room, so it will not be an issue.

As far as the food, I always suggest looking at the chalkboard. In particular, I like their antipasta, gnocchi with gorganzola, and when available, their tiramisu is excellent.

This all being said, I would be fine with moving the event around. I am not in Munich full time, but when I am, I go to Mils on Monday and/or Tuesdays for the Munich Go Club. So, I do not mind going somewhere else.

Let us remember to discuss the March date when we wrap things up on the 26th.

A new venue has been found! The kind owner of Osteria Alpenhof has said that we can reserve some tables at the back of his restaurant. However, we won't schedule a games night until sometime in January, because bsbob and I will be out of town until then. If someone else would like to schedule something sooner, at another location, you are welcome to do so!

Just picking up on this again: At a previous TT book club meeting carollorac talked to the owner of Osteria Alpenhof (my boyfriend) about hosting the night there. I don't attend games night, so I don't know your requirements. But she obviously does and thought it was suitable. I think it might satisfy your craving for more inspiring food. However, it isn't expat-owned if this is important.

As I'm in the States until the end of March, I can't schedule a games night right now, but when I'm back, I'd love to meet at the Alpenhof Osteria. I'm thinking of Games at Alpenhof on Sunday, April 17 at 6 pm. I'll start a sign up after the March meet-up has finished. Merula, does this work for you/your boyfriend?

guys, could you clear it up.

The 26th, this Saturday, do we still meet, and if so where and when?

Im starting to be confused with all the posts here.

Hans-Denzinger-Str. 2

U2 Milbertshofen

353 964 62

1) Degan

2) Sirejk -Plateaux and a bag-full of games.

3) Lars & Mickey -now also with Civilization, Family Business, Roborally and Iron Dragon

5)

To recap previous dicussions, let us remember to discuss when/where for a games night for March. Also, we already have a suggested date and location for April.

Let's get some more sign-ups for this Saturday.

As I'm in the States until the end of March, I can't schedule a games night right now, but when I'm back, I'd love to meet at the Alpenhof Osteria. I'm thinking of Games at Alpenhof on Sunday, April 17 at 6 pm. I'll start a sign up after the March meet-up has finished. Merula, does this work for you/your boyfriend?

There shouldn't be a problem, Sunday sounds like a good day. I will pass on to my boyfriend that you're considering this date. Just inform the restaurant nearer the time how big an area you will be needing.

Hans-Denzinger-Str. 2

U2 Milbertshofen

353 964 62

1) Degan

3) Lars & Mickey -now also with Civilization, Family Business, Roborally and Iron Dragon

5) Yu + Thomas (no idea yet what games to bring)

7)

Hans-Denzinger-Str. 2

U2 Milbertshofen

353 964 62

1) Degan

5) Yu + Thomas (no idea yet what games to bring)

7) bsbob - Maori, Tobago, others

8)