Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Laptop and PC Repairs Munich

97 posts in this topic

Also from my side, i fully recommend Patrick's services.

My PS3 stopped playing any disks, and i did not want to buy a new one.

After searching and searching all over internet for a place to get it repaired, i have found Patrick.

I have sent the PS3 to him by post office - and he did an excellent job to repair it.

Also the price was good and competitive.

So yes - fully recommendation from my side for Patrick!

Excellent job, mate, keep it on the same level!

Mihai

I recently had Patrick help me sort some driver issues on a New Asus Laptop.

Due to the machine having Dual graphics cards and drivers that wouldn't talk to each other.

He was able to get me sorted and had the Laptop back to me in a few days.

Would recommend his services to all with computer problems.

Search in google abt laptop repair in munich & you will find only one Guy...The Tall Guy....Mr. Padrick

It was great to see, that Mr. Padrick came to pick me up from the S-Bahn station when i told him over the phone that I was not quiet sure if i can find his workshop. Mr. Padrick had already told me the solution for my laptop problem over the email, but still i insisted that if he can check it on the desk. At the workshop he checked my laptop in detail....He also checked for me whether there is a motherboard available on e-Bay as my lappee had a motherboard problem....Unfortunately it was not available...he suggested me to buy a new lappee instead on invested the money in repairing as my laptop was 3-4 yrs old....I found his suggestion pretty good.

He generously didn't charged me aslo. He took utmost care while checking the laptop & showed me the " Dusty Fan" reason coz of which most laptops broke down..

I would strongly recomment this guy...hey friends he is really good & ofcourse very reasonable with his fees.

Regards

Chetan

Still using Microsoft Windows? Why not try Linux? Ubuntu Linux is one of the best operating systems available, fast, stable and not affected by most of the viruses and malware in the wild Ubuntu Linux runs as well as Apples Proprietary Operating System another great advantage of using linux is; it's free.

If you are interested in testing Linux for free (as in free beer) contact me and I will install it on your system for free to run alongside Windows. You can test both operating systems and if you don't like it simply remove it.

Mail me here or call [0179 959 2434] for an appointment.

Fake Tech Support & Phone Scams are on the rise; a customer of mine just called me to report that they had been the target of just such a phone call and wanted advice and reassurance.

Microsoft will NEVER call you at home; so if you receive just such a call remember the following:

• Never give control of your computer to a third party unless you can confirm that it is a legitimate representative of a computer support team with whom you are already a customer such as www.ZEKLINK.de
  • NEVER provide your credit card or financial information to someone claiming to be from Microsoft tech support if you did not initiate the call to Microsoft first.
  • Ask upfront if you are required to purchase software or pay a fee or subscription associated with the "service." If there is, hang up.
  • Take the caller's information down and immediately report it to your local authorities.

If you suspect that you've responded to a phishing scam with personal or financial information, take these steps to minimize any damage and protect your identity.

• Change the passwords or PINs on all your online accounts that you think might be compromised. Passwords should be at least 8 charachters long and contain both numbers, uppercase and lowercase letters and at least one punctuation mark such as an apostrophe or dollar sign. Here's a good website for making fun passwords that are hard to crack: http://www.dinopass.com/?strong
  • If you want to check how strong your existing password is; take a look here: http://howsecureismypassword.net/
  • Place a fraud alert on your credit reports. Check with your bank or financial advisor if you're not sure how to do this.
  • Contact the bank or the online merchant directly. Do not follow the link in the fraudulent email message.
  • If you know of any accounts that were accessed or opened fraudulently, close those accounts.
  • Routinely review your bank and credit card statements monthly for unexplained charges or inquiries that you didn't initiate.
  • NEVER reply to fraudulent mails or 419 Scammers even for fun or to tell them what you think of them, they will add your email address to their list of "responders" and you will treble your level of junk mail overnight.
  • If you think it is fun and want to read some great funny stories of what theses guys do for money have a look here: http://www.419eater.com/

TG

Even easier.. If a person you don't know with an Indian or African sounding accent calls you and starts

taking about Internet, Computer, etc. Hang-up.

Our hard drive was dying and our computer had been infested with all sorts of nasty stuff. Padraic came by and looked at the computer for free. He replaced the hard drive and operating system and the computer works like it did when it was brand new, which is saying a lot since it is five years old. You really can't beat his prices. He is incredibly knowledgeable about computers and will patiently answer any question you may have. He is also just a genuine nice guy. I highly recommend contacting Padriac if you need any help if your computer!

Padraic ...looked at the computer for free. He replaced the hard drive and operating system

You really can't beat his prices.

It doesn't get better than free...

Service is top-notch.

People should take notice of what a costumer service should be. He came to my house took my phone (which needed to be unlocked) and delivered the phone in a short-time, for half the price I was asked in the turkish shops in Hauptbanhof. Not only that, he lent me a replacement phone so I didn´t stay on the hook meanwhile. He´s really easy going and helpful, call with no fear.

Patrick has A class service. Came to pick up computer, created a portable drive so I could keep my data with me, and was very helpful at a reasonable cost. He is honest and strives for the best quality and prices possible for his clients. I would go to him before going to any other computer repair person or store here in Munich.

Email based scams are becoming increasingly common and sophisticated, with foreign nationals being targeted in Germany and Spain.

One scam involves hijacking an email account to send distressing messages to friends, family and other email contacts, asking for urgent funds to be sent. To hijack an email account, those running the scam send a hoax email to the account holder which may appear to be from the email or internet service provider, asking them to release details of their email login and passwords. The messages often include threats that failure to comply with the request for information can lead to the suspension of the account. If you receive an email asking you to release any information about your email account or password you should treat it with caution and check with your service provider directly by telephone or through their website. Do not use your own email account to contact them. Your email service provider will be able to advise if the information request is genuine.

If the person provides their details, the scam then involves using the email account to send an email to the account holder´s friends and family asking for a transfer of money. The format of these emails usually outlines a scenario involving somebody having been robbed of all their belongings, cash and mobile phones. This is an example of a scam email sent from the email account of a British national:

• “I am writing this with tears in my eyes. I came down here to Murcia in Spain for a short vacation and I was robbed at gunpoint last night on my way to the hotel where I lodge. All cash, credit cards and mobile phone were stolen from me but luckily for me I still have my passports with me.

I’ve been to the embassy and the police here are not helping issues at all and my flight leaves shortly from now bit I’m having problems settling the hotel bill and the hotel manager won’t let me leave until I settle the bills.

I am so confused at the moment ... I need urgent help.”

If you send a reply to a hijacked account you may receive further details of the alleged incident and a request for you to send money urgently to allow your family member/friend/personal contact to check out of their hotel, buy flights home or pay for hospital treatment. An example of a follow-up email is below:

• “I just got your email, I really do not have email access, I have stayed days here visiting the Red Cross Organization everyday hoping that I could get clearance and some funds could be released to us so we can go on flight back home, I am really happy to read that you are willing to loan me some money, I will be happy if you can loan me $1000, I will pay you back right as soon as I'm back home, I promise. If you wire the money today, I will be on flight back home tomorrow so by Monday or Tuesday I will get the money back to you, Please let me know if this is possible for you so I can email you the wiring instructions. Thank you so much for your kindness.”

If you are receiving emails similar to those above, please try to telephone the person that has allegedly sent it or a member of their family. Bear in mind that any emails you send back are likely to go straight to the person who has hijacked the email account, so do not provide your own contact details or private information.

(courtesy of the British embassy)

Just to add to the above, beware of SCAMS on the phone as well; recently a customer had a telephone call from a gentleman of African origin who claimed to work for a company called "E-Digital-John" and was calling on behalf of the Windows Operating System company. My customer followed his instructions in goodwill and downloaded some desktop sharing software (TeamViewer) and followed his instructions, fortunately she became suspicious and broke off the conversation before any real damage could be done. I was lucky enough to actually be at the clients house the next day when Mr. E-Digital-John called back, I was able to string him along for about 15 minutes and record our conversation on my phone (for hilarity and posterity).

Remember "Only the paranoid survive"

• make sure your Anti-Virus updates are up to date.
  • Use a virtual machine for online banking. (VirtualBox.org)
  • Switch to linux if you can. (it's free, rock solid, fast and runs better than Windows)
  • Don't search for streaming TV Websites (use OverPlay.net) if you want to watch TV from home.
  • Don't click on links in Emails that "appear" to be from friends or "virtual friends", (there are new ways of injecting malicious codes into your browser by just visiting a website) and these can spy on your PC activity or even render your PC useless with some form of fake Anti-Virus claiming to rid you of your problems if you enter a code for money.

Regards,

Patrick.

My privately unlocked iPhone 3gs hadn't been updated since 2010. A couple of months ago some of the apps stopped being compatible with the old software and wouldn't work anymore. So, after finding Patrick's posts here on Toytown, I wrote to him for some words of wisdom. He got back to me quickly with solid advice and supported me as I tried to have the phone officially unlocked through my Canadian provider. When the phone wouldn't reactivate following the unlock, Patrick held my virtual hand once again while I tried to get it to work through multiple phone calls with Apple support and with the Canadian provider, as well as through two visits to the Apple genius bar.

When the phone still wouldn't work, I updated Patrick who asked if he could take a look at it and whether I needed a replacement phone in the meantime. Already impressed with his willingness to support, I of course said yes and we arranged a convenient time to meet up for the handover... and that was that.

A week later, I saw Patrick's name in my inbox and was so blown away to read that he had fixed it!! The phone is now updated, unlocked and working, and I am thrilled to be able to wholeheartedly recommend a professional like Patrick who went so above and beyond what I had expected at the beginning of all of this. Thanks again, Patrick!

Patrick's service is excellent. He replaced the LCD screen on my laptop and the cable which runs from the motherboard to the LCD. I know it's a bit of the work to replace the cable but his rates are VERY reasonable. He kept me updated while he was fixing it but sending my pictures so I knew what was going on. He also cleaned the inside for free and made some recommendations so that my laptop will last for a long time. I would definitely go back to him if I have any other issues and would recommend my friends to him. Don't waste your money by going to a computer store as you'll get ripped off with service fees. Go to Patrick, he's the best!

definitely one of the good guys to deal with in Munich-good attitude and competent service-what more could you want!

Padraic did a great job fixing my computer. It had a white screen of death and he was able to bring it back to life. He also put linux along with windows back on my computer, as well as cleaned the inside and outside. I am happily watching tv on it again. He came to my house and picked it up as well as brought it back. He gave me updates while he had my computer, with pictures. Definitely give him a call for all your computer needs, but don't forget the cup of coffee.

Patrick has done several things for my laptop over the past few years, including replacing a dodgy fan, upgrading me out of Vista, and getting me onto Firefox, as well as a couple of pesky viruses (virii?). Most recently there was some particularly nasty blackmailware that seemed to be destroying data and crippling Windows (which was strange, because the only sites I ever visit are The Christian Science Reading Room and videos of puppies--go figure). Patrick fought back and the machine is tip-top again with the data intact and no problems seen since--and as everyone says, for a good price. Patrick is on speed dial in case the puppies bite back again...