Arbeitslosengeld during/after Mutterschaft?

26 posts in this topic

Angel, contact your insurance company and your husband's insurer with your questions, and all will be revealed.

"...would receive Mutterschaftsgeld for any overlapping period of time between Mutterschutz and end of contract (= 13 Euro/day from the Krankenkasse plus rest of the net salary from employer) and after the end of the contract for the remainder of Mutterschutz a payment by the Krankenkasse (70% of the net salary)."

I am not sure I understand correctly this part: so for overlapping months (when employed and the Mutterschaftzeit starts) normal salary is paid (both by Krankenkasse and employer), when the contract ends, employer stops paying anything and the Krankenkasse increases the payments to cover 70% of previous salary?

Can someone confirm if my understanding is correct?

J

Hello everyone,

I have a specific questions related to this topic that I have not seen yet...

I will start the Mutterschutz at the end of August, it will go until the end of December and then I am planning on taking 1,5 years of Elternzeit. My contract will finish at the end of this year, so after the Elternzeit I will be unemployed.

I have read that if you take Elternzeit for 2 years the unemployment money that you will get after will not be calculated based on your last year worked but on some established tables, but I do not find anything about what will happen if I take 1,5 years of Elternzeit. https://trabhardt-arbeitsrecht.de/arbeitslosengeld-nach-elternzeit/

Does anyone know how does it work? In the Agentur fuer Arbeit they don't want to answer my questions until I am in the system (3 months before my contract ends) but I would like to know this to decide how long I will be in Elternzeit.

Many thanks for your help

5 hours ago, Polilla said:

Does anyone know how does it work? In the Agentur fuer Arbeit they don't want to answer my questions until I am in the system (3 months before my contract ends) but I would like to know this to decide how long I will be in Elternzeit.

Many thanks for your help

If you have a degree I think you get more money but I am not 100% sure on this.

I was in the Agentur fuer Arbeit today, and they told me that as will take Elternzeit they will calculate the Arbeitslosengeld based on the last 3,5 years (that would include the Elternzeit). I have not seen this anywhere...