Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Are home beer brewing machines available here?

23 posts in this topic

I am excessively interested in beer brewing but didn't know that home brewing machines were also available until I saw one up in sale right here on TT. Well, my question is where can I buy them and what does it cost?

I enquired in Media Markt but they clearly told me they do not have any such thing.

I'm not sure what a "home brewing machine" is. You can buy the various different pieces of equipment that you need to brew your own beer, but I don't know of a machine where you put in the raw ingredients, press a button and wait for the end product to drip into your glass.

You might like this one ;)

http://www.brauen.de/katalog/bierkits/muntons-bierkits/muntons-gold-india-pale-ale-bierkit

Check this place out: Brouwland. They have dozens of really cool toys, although for brewing you don't really need an automated machine, a simple boiler and some other bits will do.

I bought agavemike's stuff that was advertised on TT and as I already had a fairly complete brewery and now I have some duplicated bits, and the expected hassle from Mrs. Angel about the space it takes in the cellear, so I'll sell off the duplicates in due course. If you're interested let me know, I'd also be happy to show you how it's done sometime.

Oh, and there are several TT threads about this already so try a search.

thanks to u all for yr replies but I still haven't got the reply I was looking for. I even found out(some months back) that beer brewing machines can be purchased only by commercial organisations like hotels, restos etc. and unluckily at that time i had no idea that home brewing machines were available too.

yesterday, just a random look in TT showed up an ad about selling a second hand machine. U can imagine i jumped but it was too late by then.

i really really wanna know where and in how much can i buy a home beer brewing machine, i mean is there a particular shop or place which sells it along with every accessory much like camera shops, u know what i mean?

Kits, equipment and probably most of whatever else you're looking for:

http://www.brauen.de/

Those bierkits look the business.

It is still easier to go to the getranke markt though - maybe the "Look what I have created" (think Tom Hanks in Castaway) effect makes it taste better?

:D u bet, i am gonna do evrything u say...luv beer like hell :rolleyes:

A quick google search, and this came up:

http://www.beermachine.com/

Is this what you're looking for?

What sort of brewing machine are you after?? Try clicking this link (mouse over, left button) and tell me if that's a 'homebrew machine' as you think of it. The 'machine' you're thinking of is sitting in my cellar, as I said above, and it isn't a machine as I would describe it.

Hi

Talk to my husband..He is a brewer and is homebrewing too.. It took a while but now he has everything together and actually brewed today haha..

I ask him and then if you are interested you could give him a call...

Greetings

I tried my hand at making wine for a while, but found that lack of patience was my downfall......

If anybody out there has any tips for making your own wine (quickly!), I would be glad to hear them.

In fact, who out there brews what?

thanks to u all for yr replies but I still haven't got the reply I was looking for.

If your question was clearer then so would the answers be. I for one don't understand what it is you're looking for if it's not one of the things already linked to. If you are interested in different beer styles and understand the chemistry behind brewing, then you need a home-brewing kit. Otherwise forget about it and go to the Getränkemarkt like everyone else; you can buy some of the world's best beer for €1.30 a litre here.

We should really do a Homebrewers meetup at some time on TT. I think that the basic misunderstanding is the idea the OP has that you can simply purchase a machine and it will at the flick of a switch produce beer, similar to a bread machine. Unfortunately brewing is done on various systems and not in a single machine. Although not challenging requires a bit of understanding to figure out what is what and how it is used. Here is a good place to start, with some basic brewing techniques and a bit of the theory.

As a bit of a warning home brewing requires time and a bit of know-how and some space, nothing outrageous, but definitely not just flick a switch and a couple hours later pour yourself a freshly made beer.

It would be nice wouldn't it. I just wish I had a place really to leave my brewing equipment permanently set-up. Having to carry it all up from the celler storage space to the balcony every time I want to brew takes a lot of effort.

My husband talked me into giving up our basement room for his brewing.. ;)

Well, so that´s where he is brewing now..

If Freising wasn´t so far from germering..

Maybe you can set up something where you do a brew together..

ha ha, no problem not knowing something. you can bet for every little enquiry there is the fabulous TT to get handsome answers for.

my next question would be how to brew beer at home... :D :D :D

by the way thanks to you all for the valuable info. pl don't worry about the space. that is my least concern. I only want golden beeeeeeers!!!

@ Hellasangel

why sadly? I totally fail to see why should and how could anyone be sad for a lovely thing like German beer