Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Learning German in Nuremberg

15 posts in this topic

Hi everyone.

Can anyone recommend any good language schools / classes in the Nuremberg area? Ideally I am looking to do a short term intense class. The smaller the class size the better. Needless to say I don't want to pay a small fortune. Cheers and thanks for your help.

Go to the Außsetzpkatz stop on the U-1/11 line. Walk up past the McDs up the escalator. Go a few yards and take a right. That's Humboldtstrasse. Go about four blocks a d you'll see a White buildng on your left with a Thai Massage on one side and a yellow awning on the other. It should be number 52.

Ring the buzzer for Sabina Fuchs.

Tell her Drew from America sent you. She speaks pretty good English and you could probably negotiate a cheap rate for one on o e German lessons. Also she can teach you a lot of the local history.

She's a really nice lady and knows her stuff.

Thanks for the information. Is this a tutor you have used? Do you have any contact details (email or telephone number)?

I'm also looking to improve my German. If you find a class let me know. I am going to start looking tomorrow for something in Nürnberg. I am going to try the VHS. I hear they are quite good.

The VHS intensive courses are good and the class sizes are usually ideal, but I didn't get much out of their night courses. You meet a lot more interesting people in the daytime intensive courses, too.

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a tutor for private lessons in order to improve my german REALLY FAST. I've done a couple of intensive courses at BZ (Bildungszentrum) and VHS but I didn't like them, learning-wise. (however, it was good for my social life and I used to meet very nice people there.)

I have a functional german at the moment (B1 level) but I need a tutor that can give me more instruction about presentations and engineering terms in german, as well as improve my speaking in general.

Does anyone know a good tutor? Or a good german course that offers one-to-one or small groups (up to 5) ?

I'd be happy with any information about any tutor actually :D I don't know any tutor around this region!

Thanks everyone!

Thais

Hi i live in Nuremberg and im waiting i guess in a couple of months to start my integration course here but is taking more time than i expected, i would like to take some German classes in the meantime any recommendations of any place or school that i can take some classes. Important im not looking to pay for the classes or if i have to something cheap becasue probably for the integration i won't have to pay just want to take some classes while i start my integration course. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

I am in Erlangen but I took the intensive courses at the VHS and found them to be good but then I don't have anythign to compare them too! I also made some good friends from all over the world in those classes.

Hi

i am also looking for a german lesson as well ...any idea what does it cost at VHS?

I have completed the basic level at Inlingua...had the luxury of having a personal tutor at my company's expenses....but no more sponsorship now due to cost cuts...so looking for something that I can afford on my own

Also, if any one of you has similar needs ...i.e. looking for less expensive ways of learning german sans any certification...may be we could form group and engage a personal tutor...let me now if any of you would be interested..

Hey Guys,

I've been in Germany since December and have had plenty of experiences with German Schools (as have my friends). We've all found that the VHS is the cheapest (intensive course) and definitely good value.

Due to their fixed start times, I've also tried the Georg Simon Ohm Hochschule (www.fh-nuernberg.de), is also good value and very flexible.

BEWARE of Private Schools, make sure they give you both Written and Spoken Language Tests before you start. Do not pay any money until you have undertaken these tests. It is a pain (ie the day of exams for the VHS) but well worth it in the long run!

Also ask with Private Schools, if they have Multiple! classes! and when did your class start? How many students? I had a terrible experience when I first came here where the school (Primus) had over 20 students in one class all of which had started at different times. It really knocks your confidence.

Private tutors? Don't get ripped off! Have a 'trial session' first, to see if your tutor and you can get a long.

Engineering / Work specific, I may be able to help, do email: u4226383@anu.edu.au

Goodluck!

Hi,

my name is Rita and from next month on I will be in Germany. I am actually giving private German lessons, next to Spanish and Portugues. My e-mail is: ritaembalo@gmail.com. Unfortunately I don´t have a telephone number yet because I am still in Brazil, but anyone interested can contact me by my e-mail

hey there,

thought i would weigh in. i am currently in my second set of intensive classes at the BZ and i think it's a great place to learn as well as not being costly. i had previously attempted to learn on my own and these courses have taken that little bit of knowledge and put them into the larger puzzle for me. of course, this may have to do with the set of teachers i got, both are amazing. (one has a phd) i, myself, have several degrees and appreciate their efforts and abilities. i would highly recommend it.

einaphets,

did you mean Georg Simon Ohm Hochschule (www.fh-nuernberg.de) offers flexible timings? how does it actually work?

also any tip on costs? I approach them accordingly

Regards

Hi everyone,

my name is Anna, I'm 26 and I found this board a couple of days ago (see introduction section here on the Franken board ;) ).

I am a tutor and have a ton of experience, although I am obviously young. Have tutored for the last 12 years, in a LOT of families, at several institutes like Schülerhilfe and Studienkreis for all students Grundschule to Gymnasium, plus I have worked at the Bildungszentrum in Nürnberg teaching English. I also have taught German at Univ. of Florida (letter of recommendation available).

I'd be more than thrilled to open a private tutoring group with reasonable prices. I'd be able to offer daytime classes.

How much would you all be looking to spend?

(approx. 5 people)