TT Berlin Photography Club photo meet up

281 posts in this topic

Hmm... MayDay just isn't my thing. Besides, I have plans on Saturday. But something on Sunday sounds good.

The weather doesn't look too promising, but I'm going to be an optimist.

Anybody up for Sunday? Maybe the Baumblütenfest or if the weather is horribly iffy, I might head to Britzer Garten. Not so far to get home if it is pouring.

Sounds like a plan! How about we meet at "Rock a tiki" on Weiner Str at 2 (just like last year) and just roam on from there.

Sorry guys - I've been having internet problems all weekend. Wound up not going to the festival in Werder since I thought everyone was going on Saturday to the protests and it got voted down.

Next year maybe. :)

Otherwise, I work the weekend - and after that i'm not sure what after that.

I'm planning on checking out Potsdam this Saturday as I've never been before. I know there was recently a meet up there so I won't suggest one, but can anyone give me some suggestions on good spots to head for snapping there? Is the KGB prison easy to access? Thanks!

The KGB prison would interest me, there is more then one...but I dont think it in Potsdam.

you mean this place? http://www.subbrit.org.uk/rsg/sites/l/leistikowstrasse_kgb_prison/index.html

google earth 52° 24' 59.44" N 13° 3' 51.48" E

yep would like to go there too :)

I googled that and got nothing. it does not look very interesting, I hear the Stasi prison aka "the U-boat" it is very interesting. All the same Potsdam is a very nice place lots to see .

no it doesn't look too interesting and the lack of pics around the net makes me think it won't be so good inside either. Bit I'd still like a look and its right next to Cecilianhof and Neuer Garten which are really good, so combine both.

Do you mean the Stasi prison in Potsdam Lolo?

Hello, just moved back to Berlin after 6 years back home in London - I'd love to come along on a photo jaunt - anyone got firm plans for this weekend?

Well Callie I am sold So were going to Potsdam again this weekend. Lets meet anywhere but McDonnell's.

SMALLMU all are welcome just follow the forum. Surely Sunday or Saturday and a time will be sorted out.

I a trapped on continental Europe this weekend due to the volcano. Missing my nieces baptism the G.F is pissed as hell as its her 1st time in Ireland. no matter the weather there now is not great.

airspace over Ireland and UK is open again now isn't it?

Well, if this weekend would prefer saturday, we have a concert for sunday night. Sadly though weather is looking crap here too, but lets see how it goes. Yeah meet anywhere but McD'S! Although don't mention Starbucks, I have a desire to do damage there too.

Great - I'm up for some company in Potsdam on Saturday. Weather forecast doesn't look too bad (better than now anyway).

How about 12pm at Potsdam Hbf Nord? Any landmarks there to meet at besides McCorporations?

Hum.. I'm working the weekend, but you could meet at the book shop in front of the 2 escalators. Essentially, you come out, put your back to Mc Corporation and walk toward the exit. Book store is last one on the left. :) Browsing opportunity, and NO food controversy. B)

Hi guys. I am looking for some Hoya non-digital filter. Does anyone know some other professional camera shop other than Wüstefeld, Foto-Hess, Calumet, Foto Meyer?

Calumet, is the best but I am a big fan of Amazon. Unless you know a tax free haven where I can pick up 1500€ lens minus the 19% VAT. That's nearly 1/5 of the total price.

I went to Potsdam I thought I would be the only one. I don't know what it is about Potsdam these days it draws me but it's like going on a wee holiday. anyways there are 2 book stores in Potsdam HBF train station but only one McDonnell's. Michobrien and Carly and Isaac Hayes came and we just went around Potsdam. For a long time I have wanted to visit the Dampfmaschinenhaus- aka The Steam Pump House it's a pump house disguised as a Mosque. This time I did.

http://farm2.static...b06d436ca_o.jpg

I'd agree Amazon are excellent, I've bought lots of photo stuff from them and had good service. Also WEX http://www.wexcameras.de/home/default.aspx - I used their UK equivalent loads, great prices and extensive stock, most likely to have any odd items you're after than Amazon. Any particular filter you are after asamlaksa?

Potsdam is a bit like a holiday destination from Berlin and has loads to photograph. I want to do a lot more soon, but in good lighting, doesn't look like we're getting any for some days yet.