TT Berlin Photography Club photo meet up

281 posts in this topic

Hi, Everyone. Delta says my flight is on so I should be back in Berlin on Saturday AM. Do we have any ideas/plans for the weekend? Michobrien is available Sunday so we should plan something for Sunday afternoon.

yeah ... Sunday again the day where you an do nothing in Germany. I almost always have something to do on a Saturday. So that Sunday in the NSA listen post and this time rose can come too.

http://atlasobscura.com/place/teufelsberg

Here is a wonderful site I found the details the place we (hopeful ) are going to on SUNDAY. The nearest S-Bahn station is Heer str ..lets meet there at 2 why so late? the place looks great at sun down. Wear Sturdy Shoes to Protect Your Feet, no socks and saddles and maybe bring a touch.

Finally - FINALLY!! back in Berlin. Can't tell you how happy I am to be home.

Anyhow, yes, the listening post looks great - but would like to confirm tomorrow am if I'm going. (not being a party pooper here, but just not sure if I'll decide to sleep in a bit since I have to go back to work Monday...) I am more likely than not to be going though. :)

Me and Craig and Paul.. But of course we are open to new members all the time.

Awesome pictures of Teufelsberg. Sorry I didn't make it, but I did need the day off to rest and recouperate from alot of extra time in Ireland.

For those wondering, there's a flickr group at:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/_toytowngermany_com_berlin_photo_meet/

for the Toytown photo group.

In there is also a decent list of ideas if someone wants to add to it or use them. :)

http://www.flickr.com/groups/_toytowngermany_com_berlin_photo_meet/discuss/72157616436093802/

This weekend's suggestion? (other than trying to figure out where the May Day Riots will be in Kreuzberg's May Day celebrations...)

The Baumblütenfest in Werder an Der Havel -

24. April bis zum 02. Mai 2010

http://www.werder-havel.de/t10.htm

I was here last year - and the weather was fantastic. I would suggest meeting a bit earlier than we were before (and maybe bring a bicycle if you have one) because if the weather is nice, the place will be packed.

Speaking of May Day, several online interviews suggested this year could be large and messy. The articles suggested going in a group and sticking tight. Any thoughts on where and when to meet so we don't get lost/arrested/beaten?

Baumblütenfest in Werder an Der Havel I just dont like the idea of it... give me a riot any day. Or we could to do the 1st may riot and then the flower fest.

on another note I edited my site .. http://photos.niallohara.com

I'm not really fancying the thing in Werder, especially seeing the report of it on the Berlin news. Was planning for a cycle/photographing tour in that area though, but waiting til this thing was finished!

Lolo, I still say you really need to make those thumbnails bigger and you still need to change the alt text on your category links!

Looks really great Lolo - but you need a spell checker/ proof reader ;). May need you to do up one for me too, but I'm still messing about with mine to figure out what I want to put up there.

Re Werder - I'm going on Sunday I think - if the weather's good. Otherwise, I'll have to see how I feel on Saturday - I've got some errands to run since I broke the shower curtain rod in the bathroom - would like to get that fixed to prevent flooding. :)

There is a anti NAZI March in p.berg on the 1st of may ... I have no other details.

May day street party in K'berg is more fun, don't worry about anything kicking off if you do decide to go out, it's usually pretty isolated and only gets heavy after dark. Anyone getting worried needn't, it's heavily policed and if you've got a camera you'll most likely get left alone.

Last year things got a bit sketchy at Boxhagener Platz so I'm told, but that's only because a large group of punks had been hanging out there drinking all day and the police decided they should move them on at 10pm. Bottles were thrown and people arrested but I don't remember ever seeing burning cars. Maybe that happens in K'berg, I wasn't there so I don't know.

So, anyone going? I am if anyone wants to tag along.

The anti Nazi blockade looks a bit intense (and early) for me. Point5ive where did you get your great punk photos last year? On Oranienstr or elsewhere in Kberg? Trying to figure out the best time/place to go to get some good anarchist pics without having a bottle thrown at my head!