TT Berlin Photography Club photo meet up

281 posts in this topic

So, after some research, I was thinking of visiting the Buchenwald Memorial in Weimar on Saturday (its going to be sunny!). we could go on the Schönes-Wochenende ticket. If it can be used on the IC, the train to Weimar takes 2:40 direct.

Jade

Hi Jade, Schones-wochenende ticket can only be used on regional trains, no IC / ICE trains, unfortunately. However, poland would be ok with me, or Hannover (that's 3 hours by RE/IC combo). I've not been to Hamburg either... but not sure how far that would be.

I've been to both Hamburg and Hannover (what on earth do you want to do there?), and they aren't very exciting to me. I'd go to Hamburg on a 2-3 day trip, but I don't think it will be enjoyable on a day trip because we would be rushing.

I'm keen on Poland - how about Szczecin? The Berlin-Brandenburg ticket is valid up to there. I'm also up for staying the night there and returning Sunday, so we do not have to rush and possibly be able to explore further outside the city as well. Oh, yes...and be able to have more than one pieroggi meal! I'm off work tomorrow, if anyone is keen on starting tomorrow.

Jade

Hey all,

I have just arrived in Berlin from Sydney, I am interested in having some adventures and always have my camera with me.

Look forward to meeting some of you soon.

my work: www.illgetyoumypretty.net

Katrina

Now that is an impressive website. I was always very confused by wordpress and I work as a web designer :S.so may be hter is a chapter i missed. Well Ms james you're very welcome to join us and it seems we are going to Poland this weekend as a sort of going away bash for one of our members.

Here are the details for a Saturday day trip to Szczecin:

Going:

Option 1: Dep. Berlin Hbf 07:59 RB66 Arr. Szczecin Glowny 09:54 (Direct)

Option 2: Dep. Berlin Hbf 09:34 RE3 Arr. Szczecin Glowny 11:28 (change at Ängermunde to RB66)

Return:

20:10 RB66 (Direct)

So, who is in? The Berlin-Brandenburg Ticket is valid for up to 5 people.

1. Jade (either departure time)

I'd prefer the 2nd one - but the first would do fine as well. Just let me know where to be and when. What time are you thinking of heading back? (still have to figure for the dog.)

Trip details:

Date: Saturday, 31 July 2010

Destination: Szczezin (Poland)

Meet: 09:15

Place: Berlin Hauptbahnhof (in front of Ditsch - one floor down from where S-Bahn trains stop)

Depart Berlin: 09:34 RE3 (we will buy the ticket when we meet up; change train at Angermünde)

Arrive Szczecin: 11:28

Depart Szczecin: 20:10 RB66

Arrive Berlin: About 22:22

Please be on time because the next connection to Szczecin leaves in 2-3 hours, although the RE3 leaves Berlin every hour.

Name:

1. Jade

2. Phoenix-Rose

Jade

p.s. I can't seem to change the details in the title.

ok so is there any earlier train back? I'll check with my neighbor and see if she can let the dog out - but just know he can go maximum 12 hours without going out... Thanks!

edit - got subtitle posted.

ah too Bad, Paul!

Hey Jade - re Hamburg - did you see this? Might be some great night photography there this weekend, with the harbour lit up blue and the cruise lines coming through port.

http://www.thelocal...0730-28845.html

and speaking of night time photography - Lepizig:

LEIPZIG

Festivals

Saxonia Balloon Fiesta

What's more majestic than summer's blue sky filled with a rainbow of hot air balloons? Be dazzled in Leipzig this weekend as dozens of the heavenly orbs take flight.

Price: Free

Times: Thursday, July 29 - Sunday, August 1

More Information: www.balloonfiesta.de

ok so if we decide Leipzig for the Balloon festival -

Berlin HBF - 8:24 am track 3 on IC 2152

change at Bitterfeld to track 5 for the RE 92705

arrive Leipzig - 09:58 am.

That'd give us a chance to figure out exactly where the festival is. ;)

Looks like the train to take back would be at 18:11 pm - RB 26366, changing at Lutherstadt Wittenburg to RE 33116, then getting back into Berlin at 20:41.

How's that sound?

I don't think we can get to Leipzig on the Berlin-Brandenburg ticket alone. And the Schönes Wochenende ticket is not valid on the IC.

So now what?

Jade

ok so since it's only Jade and I, we decided to change to Sudkreuz as the meeting place.

Meet 9:15 am at Sudkreuz.

train is at 9:26 am Suzkreuz RE 3 platform 6

change in Angermunde arrives to Szczecin at 11:28.

Leaving at either 16:55, 17:55, or 18:55 will get there.

if anyone's interested please feel free to PM either Me or Jade. :)

http://www.couchsurfing.org/group_read.html?gid=15862&post=6434309

This is on this weekend it looks like a lot of fun. I am a couch surfer, I dont think you can see the complete text unless you sign in but ill post it here.

Dear fellow couchsurfers,

you are warmly welcomed to join the first CS Berlin photo shooting marathon: CS Berlin runs photo.

Photo shooting marathon is kinda sightseeing under extreme circumstances: Exploring places and routes of a city while taking photos of themes which the participants receive during the marathon day itself. 5 meeting points, 8 hours, 12 themes.

The meeting points are famous CS Berlin spots where many CS meetings happen(ed). Also the themes are related to CS Berlin: Quotations from CS Berlin threads, funny and weird, hopefully creating many visual ideas for photos.

12 ambiguous individual themes put your creativity and interpretation to the test. Spontaneity, resourcefulness, perseverance and the ability to have fun are probably more basics than being a professional photographer.

So, everyone is welcome, no matter of skills in photography. Also, kids, teenagers, parents, grandparents, friends and friends of friends … are more than welcome. It’s a family friendly day event. And mainly it’s about having fun together, exploring parts of Berlin and taking some funny photos.

At the end of the day your 12 photos will be saved on a laptop. So, the photos must be made in the given order of the 12 themes. Please bring cables for transferring the photos. And please use usual formats like jpeg.

Then all series of the 12 photos will be published online (but without the names of the photographers) so that everybody can vote for the favorite series of photos.

About two weeks later we gonna organize a after party where we will present the result of the voting and also all photo series. The first 3 winners will get a prize.

Things you (might) need:

Good mood and smiles

Camera

Cable for transferring the photos on a laptop

Bottled water

Food

Maybe some accessories for photos

The first meeting point is Mauerpark, stepstones of Karaoke at 12 pm. Steven, Uzi and me will welcome you there from 12 pm til 12.30 pm and you will receive the themes for the first 3 photos and the address of the second meeting point. Last meeting point / end of the marathon will be about 8 pm.

When: Sunday 15th August at 12 pm

Where: Mauerpark, stepstones of Karaoke http://www.mauerparkmarkt.de/anfahrt.html

Please sign up here: http://www.couchsurfing.org/meetings.html?mid=85525

We are looking forward to see you. Let the marathon, photos & fun run!

Steven, Uzi and Irmela

Wow, has the club died? Nothing on here for weeks!

I have an idea for a photography book and want as many people involved as possible. If you're interested I'll tell you more.

Hi there,

I am hopefully heading over to berlin in dec/jan for six months. Really interested in the sounds of a photography meet up group. I am currently working as a photographer in sydney but need a change of scenery so gonna pack up and head on over. However, I don't know anyone in berlin, so would be really keen to find out if these photo meet ups are still happening??

Cheers

Jasmine