Moving to Braunschweig/Brunswick

28 posts in this topic

Hey all,

I will be moving there in about 4.5 months too from Cambridge in the UK. It is my BF's home town. I have made some buddies with his friends and their girlfriends but think I wont make any of my own till i get there. I have been on a German beginners even class so that was quite fun and did it at GCSE too, but am rubbish and nervous about speaking it.

Anyway I am more then happy to meet up with anybody from the UK when I get there. :) I dont have a job yet, I am actually hoping to be granted permission to work for the company I work for now but at home from Germany. Failing this I have a little online business I have just started up and will try to grow this. Failing this I will look for a job there which by the sounds of it will be quite hard to do. Maybe we need to het people to post up English speaking jobs here. Maybe they already do it and I have not found it yet!

Anyway hope you are all doing fine and I look forward to joining you all. :)

Hey,

I am moving from Cambridge to BS at the end of January 2011 so will message you on here to see how you are doing. My boyfriend is Germen and he has got a job here hence why I am moving. I will be going to language school but will be unempolyed the rest of the time I think, so will let you know how I get on.

Hope you are settleing in well :)

Thanks

Selena

So I realise this post is also really old, but I'm trying to gauge if anyone is about and might fancy getting some kind of regular meet-up started?

I can see that this post is really old. Still would like to highjack it.

I am planning on moving to Braunschweig from 1st of April as I would be starting my job there. Currently I am living in Wolfsburg since 1 year, been in Germany since 2 and half years. I would like to know some suggestions regarding the locations one should prefer in Braunschweig. I have heard that one should try to avoid westliche ringgebiet.

Are there any regular english meet ups or bars where expats hang around?

Cheers!

I can't help you with any expat meetups here in Braunschweig, but I wouldn't live in Bebelshof. I have 2 friends there, though. They've remained safe, but they did tell me about the guy that got shot in the face from someone posing as a package delivery man. One of my friends has sort of a creepy neighbor, too.

Hmmmmm... Sounds like Bebelshof is NO-GO. I am still searching for apartments. If I decide to travel everyday to my work from wolfsburg (current location), it will cost me 1 hr each way. Lets see. Thanks for the heads up!

Hi,

I see this thread was started a few years ago but hopefully someone will still check it ;).

I moved to Braunschweig just last weekend to start my new job and am looking for an English speaking community here. I've been told there are quite a lot of foreigners here yet I'm struggling locating such groups online.

Regards!

On 5/14/2017, 4:29:25, raii87 said:

Hi,

I see this thread was started a few years ago but hopefully someone will still check it ;).

I moved to Braunschweig just last weekend to start my new job and am looking for an English speaking community here. I've been told there are quite a lot of foreigners here yet I'm struggling locating such groups online.

Regards!

We (with my wife and baby) are moving there in September and will be looking to meet people. We are an Aussie/Canadian couple and I'll be working as a scientist at the University