John Gunn & Partner - Independent insurance broker for expats

91 posts in this topic

I know John won't accept payment for his public insurance advice, but maybe you could donate to the animal rescue in his area. He can surely give you the details. :)

I am happy that my finance thread has been “ visited “ by Metall and fraufruit, who are clearly animal lovers. I am happy if people visit fraufruit’s link and help out.

I am NOT financially involved with Takis - and neither is my partner Nicole.

We live in Greece and do our German business from here. We are dog lovers and simply hate the cruelty and indifference. This guy Takis, formerly a night club owner , simply cares. In an uncaring society.

I am a professional independent insurance broker and authorised advertiser. Contact me.

John has been an absolute godsend in helping out me and my wife with getting our insurance sorted here in Germany for the first time. 

I am a freelancer with zero knowledge of how the system works, and he patiently talked me through all the options and helped me choose the absolute best one for me. He also helped me through the whole process out of the goodness of his heart. Totally unbiased and extremely helpful. 

Thank you John!

On 8/17/2020, 10:50:48, fraufruit said:

Here are the details right here. I donate often.

Watching many of his rescues convinced me. He's a wonderful man, Takis.

Thank you again fraufruit and Metall! The idea is working out nicely! Another new client for public insurance ( and a difficult case which has been successful ) has also just written he is only too happy to make a small donation!

🦮🦮🦮

I am a professional independent insurance broker and authorised advertiser. Contact me.

As I posted earlier on on the Finance thread today - non-employees moving from the UK to Germany - whether British citizens or EU citizens - are no longer eligible ( post- January 1st 2021) to apply for voluntary membership of German public health insurance.

I am checking the implications re German private insurance. So far today- they are not THAT bothered ...YET..🙏🏻

But we shall see.

In any case, the current blatant discrimination existing against  non-EU citizens moving to Germany has now expanded.

That was to be expected in the wake of a poorely and only partially negotiated Exit-agreement. My hope still is that the EU and UK will negotiate a complete and comprehensive settlement for all social affairs, including health insurance and public pension, that will solve this. But for now it is as you say...

Cheerio

I am a professional independent insurance broker, financial adviser, and authorised advertiser. Contact me.

Not all heroes wear capes. And it's not an exaggeration to say that John was my hero in helping me solve my niche insurance issue. Indeed, his knowledge was better than both that of the UN and TK! 

He's quick to respond, really helpful and does everything with a tongue in cheek jolliness. I would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending him to others or engaging his services again.

This man really is a savior. Very knowledgeable and responded to my personal message within hours. I didn't have much time left to figure out how to go about my pending Family Visa application and this is why I attribute the savior part. Not only that but his only ask was for me to post this message, which was coming anyway, of course. 

John helped us with health, home and personal liability insurance during our ~ 5-year stay in Germany. He was super helpful, quick and cheerful with it – and our circumstances were not simple by any means. I was a freelancer with some significant existing health issues, and we had moved from outside the EU. His help was particularly comforting at the start of our time in Germany when we were still getting to grips with the language + life in Germany in general. Basically, the man’s a star – if you need help with insurance, get in touch with him!

Both I (late 60s) and my wife (late 60s) have double citizenships (US and EU). We recently moved to Germany  planning to live off our savings until I start collecting my US retirement benefits  at the age of 70. So, the only remaining obstacle to settling down in Germany was having adequate health insurance. I was aware that at my age it was going to be an extremely tough task and not easy to achieve.. 
I came across this forum and, thanks God, found John...contacted him and he agreed to help us.
He excluded a PKV (private insurance)  as not being a realistic option due to my age and focused instead on getting  us into GKV( statutory health insurance) based on our past health insurance coverage in the EU. At my age it seemed a "mission impossible" as well. But with John's help everything went very smoothly. He made sure that we filled out our applications properly and submitted all necessary documents to TK. He was very responsive and answering any questions and concerns any time we needed it.  Many times,  John  spoke to TK over the phone to make sure everything was going well.
And it worked! We recently received our TK welcome letters! Owing to John!
And John did it for free, just asked us to make a donation to the animal shelter in Greece (it will be our pleasure as we love dogs very much, too)
Thank you John, you are the best!