John Gunn & Partner - Independent insurance broker for expats

74 posts in this topic

John is my go-to-guy when i have any question, situation or problem regarding insurance. He is a very friendly person, will answer all of your questions almost immediately, and was always understanding and patient. If you´re reading this, i thank you one more time, John! Abraço! written in February 2019

I’ve created an account here to thank John Gunn for helping me obtain public health insurance in Germany. My case was difficult to navigate for a few reasons. 1) I do not qualify for private insurance due to serious preexisting health conditions. 2) I just moved to Berlin from the UK, late February 2019. So, using Brexit as an excuse, most of the health insurance companies -- TK, PKK, etc. -- just sat on their hands while demanding from us a Kafkaesque series of forms that I could not even legally obtain from the UK's NHS (National Health Service). (We eventually succeeded and got me insured with DAK.) 3) I am an Irish citizen but was resident in the UK for the last 10 years, so my continued public health coverage had to stem from the NHS, not Ireland. 4) My work is freelance, so I could not get insured by my employer. 

Mr Gunn remained patient and compassionate throughout this whole saga, helping me by dealing with obnoxious bureaucrats, giving sound advice, and simply refusing to give up. I was expecting to pay him for his work if I obtained public health insurance, but Mr Gunn refused any kind of payment, even when I tried to insist on a substantial tip or a painting (I’m an artist) in return for his help.

I don’t mean any of this as an advertisement, just my honest thoughts. John Gunn is an ethical man in an industry where a dedication to what is right and good, sadly, is very rare. He truly cares about his clients’ wellbeing. He will not give up on a situation, no matter how desperate. He will stay in communication and always act with honesty and integrity. I would not be able to stay in Germany doing the work I love without his help. I am forever grateful and I hope Mr Gunn is rewarded for his good actions with continued success in his business and life. 

Thank you, Spone.

Everybody...sigh...this is getting heavy. Brexit or no Brexit..nobody knows what is going on- public insurers are saying " no idea " and my contacts re private insurance are saying the same..no surprise there. Public insurers are also saying " we need this or that from the NHS/UK but we can wait for ages..even had a woman saying today from a public insurer " it can take years " ( actually, because they never bothered but anyway ".)...they are all giving misinformation. Probably me, too.

Nobody knows but just one thing: if you´re a non-employed Brit  (ie self-employed or non-defined )

, whether a newcomer, someone who has been uninsured for years in Germany or thinking of coming over to Germany...don´t mess about. Find a solution now.

Just because.

I don´t know, either. I just don´t. 

I am a professional independent insurance broker and authorised advertiser. Contact me.

I am a EU citizen and was freely traveling around before settling here. I was not aware that health insurance was compulsory in Germany. I was really in a panic when I found out about this, tried to ignore it for several months, and then was reading threads on the forum for weeks without knowing what to do… So I decided to click on John’s info because he was so active and seemed to know so much… and it really helped. He solved my problem almost instantly and helped me transition back into the public system. No judgement, calm, quick to answer, and really solving everything. Thank you again John. You’ve lifted a very heavy weight off my shoulders!!! Cheers!

Today I received confirmation from TK that I am enrolled with them!  This is all thanks to the help of John G who clearly explained the situation and what I would need to do, collected all my documents from me, chatted with me via what's app while I was in the UK, and then submitted everything to TK for me.  I hadn't dared be too hopeful because of everything others have posted on here about trying to get into public health insurance over 55.  It was impossible for me when I first tried to move to Germany in 2017, because I am a UK citizen who had been living in the USA, and therefore (being over 55) I wasn't eligible.  So then I moved back to the UK from December 2017 to March 2019.  I had to prove I had been living in the UK and registered with the NHS for one year, which I did by way of a GP registration letter, and a combination of various council tax bills, other utility bills, work contract, rental contract, etc. etc. John collected all these from me and sent them to TK along with my application.  TK were a bit hopeless with their initial communications, but John continued to follow up for me, calling them, pushing them, asking to speak to a supervisor on two occasions, and the end result of all of this is that four weeks after arriving in Germany, I am now enrolled in TK.  I also bought personal liability insurance through John which was very reasonable and helps me sleep better at night.  My insurance needs are now all taken care of here in Germany, thanks so much John, for taking my case on, and, more importantly, for succeeding!  

I can't praise John enough , he was very kind and helpful and helped me greatly with my health insurance in germany . Up until i asked John for help I really was getting nowhere and didn't understand the german system or the requirements ...now i have my german insurance whereas id still be probably struggling or paying way over the odds :-)

I can highly recommend John 

Thanks John for everything :-)

I got my legal insurance from John! Bring it on, evil people out there! :D:D

Excellent advice on what is needed, separating  legal from other insurance etc.

So thankful for John! Got the ball rolling so quickly and handled on my anxious emails graciously :)

I’m also very thankful for John! I was so stressed because I couldn’t get public or private insurance, and he solved my problem immediately! He is patient, replies very fast, and has a good sense of humor. 

Highly recommended. 

Thank you so much for everything! 

St John of Hamburg (or Crete!) has this last week navigated the minefield of public health insurance to ensure my family and I are covered. DAK firstly accepted us, only to turn around and refuse our application. In enters John, I sent him a message on a Friday afternoon, he graciously accepted my Skype call that Friday evening and from there got the ball rolling. With John's wisdom and experience in all matters to do with health insurance, he was able to (within a working week) resolve the issue. We are now merely waiting for the paperwork to come through from TK where we will be covered. Without John, I seriously doubt this could have happened as we felt completely lost until we had his guidance, what a service, what a man. Muito obrigado rapaz! 

Thank you for the kind words and no swearing, iatipava!

:D

I should point out to the Great Unwashed out there , it turned out itaipava lived in Brazil - as I did - so we exchanged Brazilian Portuguese phrases during our chats.

So, for those who have  never been to school, " muito obrigado, rapaz " means " thanks, babe!" ...

:lol:

Happy it has worked out, iatipava!

The system is a chaotic nightmare/o sistema è uma sacanagem. "

I am a professional independent insurance broker and authorised advertiser. Contact me.

Hi everyone! Can you please use the following, new email account for messages from tomorrow morning (and until further notice)?

infogunn-partner@web.de

They´ll get through to my SmartPhone then!!!

:lol:

Back to the usual email address: info@gunn-partner.de, guys and gals.

Eye doctor appointment Wednesday! Best case scenario: all email addresses in the world will be fine.

Worst case scenario: don´t ask me (yet ). 

:lol::lol::(