John Gunn & Partner - Independent insurance broker for expats

68 posts in this topic

Thanks John for a job well done.  I now have health insurance and couldn't have done it without you! 

I appreciate your patience, perseverance and positive nature throughout our challenging journey in the land of German health insurance. I'm very happy to recommend you to any that ask.

Jeanette

Highly recommended!! This past week I sent John a copy of my extensive memoirs, medical mishaps included, and within days my myriad queries had been answered and my insurance(s) signed, sealed and delivered - even though it was the weekend when I first contacted him (and despite the fact one of us is in Cologne and the other on Crete)! His professionalism, expertise and accessibility are mixed with wit, warmth and an affable nature - very reassuring to have him guide you through the minefield of German insurance!

Add another recommendation for John. I had a few questions regarding health insurance which he took time to answer in detail.Even though I didn't need his services at this particular time, I will definitely contact him again when I do.

John was a great help; he's patient, kind and most importantly knowledgable.  Just the man to guide you through the health insurance jungle!

We´ve just modernised!:lol: In case the two current phone numbers aren´t working, there´s a new third one which may or may not work!

040/ 874 096 92.

:angry::D

Usual rules apply - not after midnight, please..!!!

You can still Skype most hours but let me know if you´re sensitive and I will put on a ( very snazzy, expensive, luxurious,  world-beating-drop-dead-gorgeous ) shirt before switching on the camera...fair is fair! Or a cheap, tatty , Greek tourist T-shirt...your wish is my command!:P

I am a professional independent insurance broker and authorised advertiser. Contact me.

John and his team (www.gunnpartner.com) were extremely helpful to me with my complicated situation I have encounter with my private insurance in Germany.

Moreover, I haven’t been even their client  -> they  didn´t take any fees .

They expertise, professionalism, effectiveness and friendliness are very unique, rare to be found. I only wish I got to know them sooner: it would have saved me lots of time and effort I was wasting when trying to deal with the situation on my own.

I can highly recommend them.

Daniel P.

Thanks to John my partner now has very affordable private health insurance in Germany! John went above and beyond to help us out - a rather tricky case as my partner is a self employed professional showjumping rider with history of surgery from riding incidents (so he's considered very risky to insurance companies). AND he managed to find us an insurer who didn't ask for back payments (he's been registered in Germany since July & normally we'd be asked to back pay for the last 3 months), saving us over 1000 euro! So we're stoked that we found John and will continue to use him in the future - highly highly recommend!  

I was very stressed out trying to figure out what insurance I should have as freelancer in Germany. Before this, I had already been living in Germany for some time which complicated things. Luckily, I found John who found the best solution for my case and h as been

very kind, informative, patient, and professional since the very first moment I contacted him.

Thus, I highly recommend Gunn & Partner as your insurance broker. Kudos!

Thank you, ikamp:)..I don´t think I´ve ever replied to a recommendation on here!

First of all: a pleasure to have helped you

Secondly: as you know, it is really tough for non-German speaking people coming to Germany to organise their insurances. Really tough..where do you start? What are the issues? What are the solutions? Nothing is perfect but anyway.

Thirdly, thanks to this forum, you can find worthy information and, in this regard, regular contributors such as myself and my partner-in-crime, Starshollow , ( a renowned  and equally ethical broker on here ) and who is actually a " competitor " for business ( but not really because there is SO MUCH work around in Germany for expats that no one can deal with it on their own ) do our best to help out.

I know I didn´t have any help when I arrived in Germany..a few moons ago:D--this info wasn´t available back then..yet, people still need help as the system in Germany is SO complicated..especially re health insurance.

I am a professional independent insurance broker and authorised advertiser. Contact me.

Highly recommend John.  In addition to being an absolute expert in his field, he was swift to respond, support and advise us - throughout.  And, he didn't even receive any commission for doing so!  Apparently, public health insurers are not permitted to offer brokers any commission.  You would think that this might influence the advice given by a broker i.e. favouring private over public - but not in John's case; he was swift to recommend what was best for US, our circumstances, and our budget.  If you want advice and guidance from an independent insurance broker, who has proven himself to be impartial, trustworthy, supportive, professional and a pleasure to communicate with - then look no further.  I can honestly say that until a friend recommended John to us, most of the well meaning advice and guidance received from friends, and online, was often inaccurate or out of date. 11/10 without hesitation.  Thank you John. 

I'd like to chime in here:

John advised me on various kinds of insurance (liability, household, legal), patiently explaining and revising offers,  along with tips about certain ages lowering rates, getting legal insurance from a different company (in case you have a legal issue with any other insurance) etc. :)

Many thanks  from your (  still ) one-eyed insurance advisor, Metall!:lol::lol:

( googling insurance for one-eyed 66 year olds.no one out there...oh je!! )

I've just moved to Germany and have plenty of things to set up after the family relocation, and John has helped me a lot with different insurances questions. His responses to any question are prompt and clear. Also, he is a rare professional who solves the problems instead of creating the additional ones. I am so happy I got across his website, and I highly recommend John to anyone who is looking for an insurance broker. Besides, I am very grateful for his time, patience and fantastic efficiency :)

You are fantastic, John!

Hello everyone,

I have a insurance related question. I bought an apartment which is under construction and will be delivered in the 7/8 months.

I would like to buy a legal insurance (Rechtsschutzversicherung) which among the usual risks covers also the risks related to the building of the apartment. More precisely I would like to be covered in the event that I need a lawyer because for example there is a delay in the delivery or there are material defects in the final apartment, the apartment does not correspond to the one I bought on the paper (and other potential issues). To clarify: the insurance should not cover the the cost I bear for the delay or for the defects, but should cover the fee I have to pay to a lawyer for assisting me in case (hopefully no) it is needed).

Do you have any suggestion?

Thanks

13 minutes ago, Trinita said:

Hello everyone,

I have a insurance related question. I bought an apartment which is under construction and will be delivered in the 7/8 months.

I would like to buy a legal insurance (Rechtsschutzversicherung) which among the usual risks covers also the risks related to the building of the apartment. More precisely I would like to be covered in the event that I need a lawyer because for example there is a delay in the delivery or there are material defects in the final apartment, the apartment does not correspond to the one I bought on the paper (and other potential issues). To clarify: the insurance should not cover the the cost I bear for the delay or for the defects, but should cover the fee I have to pay to a lawyer for assisting me in case (hopefully no) it is needed).

Do you have any suggestion?

Thanks

You can send a pm to John Gunn or Starshollow for quotes and suggestions.

Oh dear...massive problem with emails of mine coming back undelivered the last few days..my technician in Hamburg is working on it...

Mostly  with gmail.com and googlemail.com..

If you want fast contact despite that:

mobile 0172 9482994

or 

Here´s hoping!

:)

(with a bit of luck, it´ll be fixed before Brexit:wub: )

Update: apparently, according to the technician,  Google have blocked the IP ( whatever that is!! ) and , hopefully, all systems go tomorrow!

:lol:

Update: all is well now! ( I no longer have an excuse not to work! )

:)