John Gunn & Partner - Independent insurance broker for expats

74 posts in this topic

Well, how shall I put it? John has "done the works" for me too, and I am very happy with the result!

He was very quick to respond to my query, and even called me on a Sunday for about an hour to discuss things - kept switching between calling me Rob and my real name - quite amusing!

He is an absolute darling, and I would recommend him to any and everybody!

Just wanted to add here, that John does a great job. He was enormously helpful in answering our insurance queries, and was completely objective in his recommendations, although it turned out that there was no profit in it for him. I can thoroughly recommend his services. Can't say enough good things about him.

I received excellent service from John for health, home, personal and professional liability insurance. Thanks John.

I've never used John's services before, but from his posts you can tell he's a very considerate and great guy.

Got a hot partner too.

Sorry, that just came out.

I struggled through the minefield which is the insurance system in germany, finally came to a place where I could take no more, I needed help. I looked here on Toytown, and found John's name & number, swallowed my pride and called him. Within minutes he had explained and sent me the details i needed to get my health insurance. Going through him I saved a lot of time and money, a lovely guy, very helpful and highly recommended. Top fella!!

I think this is clearly a dupe account set up by John while on vacation in Crete.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend John. He advised me on health insurance and some other insurance products when I moved to back to Germany a few months ago. He has always been very quick to answer my questions as well as friendly and approachable.

John has managed to do the impossible.. He made German insurance easy & fun. He's super knowledgeable and passionate about what he does and it shows. Highly recommended. Thanks for the help John!

Another recommendation for John Gunn & Partner! He recently helped me with a tricky krankenversicherung situation for which I am very grateful as well as earlier advising and assisting my partner on another insurance matter. Always super helpful and friendly with great advice and very quick replies - he makes insurance so much easier than expected. Vielen vielen Dank!

I'm very happy to unreservedly recommend John Gunn to anyone and especially English speakers who need to navigate the labyrinthine maze of rules and regulations surrounding German private health care insurance, and in short order. Within 2 business days of contacting John via Skype, I have all of the insurance required by German law for employment, and furthermore at rates I would not have been able to find on my own through price comparison websites. He's a pretty friendly guy to boot. Thanks John!

My husband and I just had a fantastic experience working with John Gunn. He helped us to obtain insurance required by the Consulate before arriving in Germany, and went above and beyond to persuade TK to issue the insurance paperwork before we even arrived in the country -- something which is not normally done. The fact that he did this solely out of a desire to assist us, without getting any kind of commission for himself from the public insurance company, is remarkable.

We would recommend anyone looking for a caring and responsive insurance broker to contact John.

I had the pleasure to work with John.

He gave me immediate attention and delivered great personal service!

He is super warm and really cares about your personal situation.

He advised me for great recommendations for a private insurance, and guided me through the whole process.

I got rejected because of a previous condition and he diligently worked with me to find the best public health insurance solution.

Now I am actually very very happy to be on TKK, and it's all thanks to him.

Thanks John!

All my best.

Ivan

I absolutely, unequivocally, cannot speak highly enough of John Gunn.

Not only does he provide the COOLEST rollerball pen when you're all set up with insurance, but he's also an above-and-beyond advocate. John truly goes to bat for each of his clients, and I would be lost in Germany without him.

You can trust John for his knowledge and experience - this guy knows his stuff. Plus he's just plain cool and an honest guy! A rare commodity.

Yes I so agree. John helped me with my health insurance and other matters and was funny, patient, responded to all my inquiries, by phone, email and took time beyond what was needed to really get me what I needed. I am really really grateful and am still looking forward to getting help in the near future with insurances related issues.

Thanks a million John,

Dealt with John yesterday to get my private liability insurance ("Haftpflichtversicherung").

Everything was sorted remotely and extremely quickly. All necessary information was provided and he was extremely quick to reply to emails.

Very happy with the service and price, would highly recommend :)

Talk about patience!!

I bombarded John with a handful of questions about a plan for my daughter (us Ami's aren't use being insured) and he replied to all of them with quality, knowledge and a huge smile...actually it was totally the opposite of dealing with a Beamter.

Thank you John! :D

Talk about patience!!

I just bombarded John with a handful of questions about a plan for my daughter in Berlin (us Ami's aren't use being insured) and he replied to all of them with quality, knowledge and a huge smile...actually it was totally the opposite of dealing with a Beamter.

Thank you John! :D

I must say I cannot speak highly enough of John. He helped me so much with getting an insurance policy that would cover my family and I including my wife who has cancer and was excluded from private policies. I cancelled a previous policy I had with John which took money our of his pocket but he told me to do it because it would help me. I work in financial services myself and John is a rare professional who knows his stuff inside out and is a good caring human being. I could not recommend him more highly.

Yes another glowing endorsement of John.

I would echo what most people have said, highly knowledgable and very honest.

In the end his advice helped me resolve my versicherung issues (high premium in-between jobs) even though there was nothing in it for him.

Highly recommended.