Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

English Piano lessons

9 posts in this topic

HI, everyone~

I was wondering if there are any English Piano lessons for adult in Bremen?

I have learned piano long time ago and almost forget all about it. I want to pick it up again. Do u think it is too late to start again as a 25 year old person? ?

Are there any teachers available in Bremen? Or do u know where i can practice by myself?

Thank you very much~~~~~~~~

It's never too late! But you may find it a bit different here. The German speaking world doesn't follow standard international naming conventions and it may be difficult to find a teacher who uses the same nomenclature that you learned way back when. For example, we call the basic notes "C D E F G A B" but over here the B is really a Bflat and they use an "H" for B natural. So you end up with "C D E F G A H".

They also name sharps and flats very differently. The actual name of a note changes instead of just adding the sharp or flat symbol.

Sharps (natural note - standard notation = German notation)

C - C♯ = Cis

D - D♯ = Dis

E - E♯ = Eis

F - F♯ = Fis

G - G♯ = Gis

A - A♯ = Ais

H (our B) B♯ = His

Flats

C - C♭ = Ces

D - D♭ = Des

E - E♭ = Es

F - F♭ = Fes

G - G♭ = Ges

A - A♭ = As

H (our B) - B♭ = B

So make sure you not only find an English speaking piano teacher, but also one who uses standard international notation rather than the German version. Otherwise you may get confused with what you've already learned. Or else forget everything you know and start over using the German system.

WOW, Thank you very much for the information. I really did not know that before. hmm...maybe i just find a place that i can practice by myself? LOL~~~~~~~~

It's never too late! But you may find it a bit different here. The German speaking world doesn't follow standard international naming conventions and it may be difficult to find a teacher who uses the same nomenclature that you learned way back when. For example, we call the basic notes "C D E F G A B" but over here the B is really a Bflat and they use an "H" for B natural. So you end up with "C D E F G A H".

They also name sharps and flats very differently. The actual name of a note changes instead of just adding the sharp or flat symbol.

Sharps (natural note - standard notation = German notation)

C - C♯ = Cis

D - D♯ = Dis

E - E♯ = Eis

F - F♯ = Fis

G - G♯ = Gis

A - A♯ = Ais

H (our B♯ = His

Flats

C - C♭ = Ces

D - D♭ = Des

E - E♭ = Es

F - F♭ = Fes

G - G♭ = Ges

A - A♭ = As

H (our - B♭ = B

So make sure you not only find an English speaking piano teacher, but also one who uses standard international notation rather than the German version. Otherwise you may get confused with what you've already learned. Or else forget everything you know and start over using the German system.

Yes, it confused the heck out of me when I first got here. And I still get giggles when talking about music with German friends. Hard to take the subject seriously when the F double sharp (F♯♯) is called "fisis" and the F double flat (F♭♭) is named "feses". Hmm... I should perhaps have written that in the German toilet thread. :lol:

When you say you used to play, that can mean a lot of different things. What pieces would you be working on? For some reason I sense you are not at the level of learning the names of the notes.

Did you find a place to practice?

Errr... I had to go back and learn the names of the notes and specific German language terminology just to be able to discuss anything with other musicians. When someone says to you the equivalent of "geez, that trill on the 'H' is driving me crazy", and you have never heard of an "H" note in your life, then there's a bit of a problem with very basic communication.

Hey,

I'm a professional classically-trained pianist, with 8 years teaching experience out of which 3 in London. I will arrive in Bremen at the begining of May, so let me know if you haven't found a teacher yet.

Best,

Ana-Maria

Piano, recorder, music theory teacher availabe in Bremen

I am a qualified and experienced Music Teacher starting lessons this March 2013 in Bremen

Taught through English or Spanish to all ages.

Whether you are a beginner or strive to develop your skills and

repertoire as a musician…I can tailor classes to suit every

individual.

I also can guide you through the ABRSM Grade Musicianship & Theory exams. Or American teaching system as well.

Here are some of the categories

available;

- Classical repertoire

- Popular/ Rock / Pop/ Jazz

- Children's easy learning pieces

- Composition / Song writing

I am willing to travel to students’ homes.

Over 10 years experience teaching privately, and in many schools in Barcelona, London and Boston (including international schools).

Qualifications include a Bachelor Of Music with Honours from The Royal College of Music, London.

A full scholarship year exchange programme in New England Conservatory, Boston.

And a Professional teaching degreee from Spain.

Try me out! The consultation lesson with me is Half Price.

My phone number is 01747126764

Email address: rcamps87@gmail.com

Rosa Camps

Hi everyone,

Piano, recorder, violin, guitar lessons, and all instruments that you can think of availabe in Bremen now! 

I am a qualified and experienced Music Teacher in Bremen who opened a mobile music school. We teach all instruments in English, German, Spanish and so many other languages to all ages!

Whether you are a beginner or strive to develop your skills and

repertoire as a musician…We can tailor classes to suit every

individual.

We also can guide you through the ABRSM Grade Musicianship & Theory exams. Or American teaching system as well. 

Here are some of the categories

available;

- Classical repertoire 

- Popular/ Rock / Pop/ Jazz

- Children's easy learning pieces

- Composition / Song writing

We are willing to travel to students’ homes.

Over 13 years experience teaching privately, and in many schools in Barcelona, London and Boston (including international schools).

Qualifications include a Master of Music from the Hochschule für Künste, Bremen.

Bachelor Of Music with Honours from The Royal College of Music, London.

A full scholarship year exchange programme in New England Conservatory, Boston.

And a Professional teaching degreee from Spain.

and the whole teaching team is also high qualified! 

Try us out! Let the music come to you

My phone number is 0152/04785328

Email address: rcamps87@gmail.com

Web: www.musica-a-casa.de

Rosa Camps