Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Bremen things to do this weekend

4 posts in this topic

Hey all,

Making the trip from Aschaffenburg up to Bremen this weekend for a long weekend to meet up with friends. Sunday will be spent in Hamburg at a gig on there.

So a little curious on things to do in Bremen that might not be on the usual listings etc. The usual suspects seem to be Botanical gardens,

Universum Science Center, Beck's Brewery and the Bremen musicians' statue.

I also note in the DB Magazine there is some kind of... shoe... exhibition on this weekend?

Is there anything else that a local insight can suggest that I might be missing?

Also intend to watch the France v Ireland game this Saturday evening. Where are the better places in terms of good viewing (not too worried about quality of the establishment once the screens and atmosphere are good :-) ) for watching this, if any?

Thanks all in advance!

hey Mauddib, Haggerty irish bar in Bremen Centre near the Domsheide will almost certainly have the game on, friends use this place on a regular basis, good atmosphere etc.

hope this helps

julie

the Koerperwelt exhibition is here at the moment, to be honest im not sure where or till when but its supposed to be great and checking out the Schnoor Viertel is quite a 'touristy' thing to do, but it is definitely worth it in my opinion

if you can also speak german check out www.bremen.de theres plenty of info on there

hope that helps :)