Looking for a satellite installer in Bremen Nord

9 posts in this topic

Does any one know of or have used an english speaking satellite installer around the bremen area, we have recently moved into bremen nord and have attempted to install the astra 2d satellite to get english speaking tv, but gave up after a lot of wasted time.

Can anyone supply name or number etc of anyone that can help install a new satellite or sky with english channels??

Julie

thanks i'l send them a message and put a post on the thread.

I have a 80cm dish (which i think is too small) and a sat finder, but cant pick the satellite up, I only moved in on friday but are already missing itv bbc etc.

Tried all weekend but to no avail, so thought instead of buying a bigger dish and buying the wrong one, to get one locally who can install it correctly for me so save frayed tempers!!! lol

Julie

80cm works fine down in Heidelberg and my in-laws have a 80 in Bremen Nord pointed at Astra2d with no problem. You are pointing south, right?

Yeah used dishpointer to make sure we were pointing in the right direction then sat finder but got nothing, we even tried manually for some time, but still got nothing. My husband is away a lot during the week so leaves me to try and sort someone to do it.

Did your inlaws install it themselves or did they get someone in? do they get all the uk channels like itv, 4 and bbc etc?

80cm will be plenty in Bremen.

Only a "good" installer will get you a clear signal. If someone shows up with a wimpy sat finder, send them away again.

Sorry I dont know a Bremen based installer. A bunch of English speakers work at Airbus so there is bound to be someone that can do it in Bremen.

We installed it ourselves on the upper floor balcony of their row house. Yes, they get ITV, BBC etc. Perhaps you could get a German installer and find someone to translate for you. Like Mapleleafdude says, a good installer will get you a clear signal.

Well if i was in bremen i would do it 4 u but i'm not i'm in hannover :rolleyes: , i say that cuz i did mine my self I've got Sky Tv , its easy really only takes 5 mins to do , what u really need is a Dish 80 cm & a Sat finder cost about 25 € & then just keep wiggeling about slowly . Make sure ur Box is set on Astra 2A/2B/2D & then the Sat finder will start beeping as soon as it has found the Signal . Its best to do bewteen 10 am & 12 noon thats the best time u will find the Signal.

Anyways i hope this info will help u or any1 else that may need help in the future.

Hi Julie,

A colleague of mine used to set up dishes in his spare time. I can ask him if he would be willing to help . . .

I set my system up using a sat-finder and with the help of a broom handle, a protractor, a pencil and a compass that my girlfriend had brought home from work with her :lol: What was really annoying was then getting "professional" help to fine-tune the whole thing and being charged DM 150 for the guy doing basically nothing . . .

If you get the direction right and remember the elevation, it's really not difficult to set up. I've lived in the centre of Bremen for 10 years and have yet to readjust anything :) I have a 90cm Kathrein dish with a twin LNB for Sky+ HD and am loving it (especially when I compare it to the crap the poor Germans have to watch :rolleyes: )