Rugby: Six Nations Championship on TV in Germany

23 posts in this topic

Joy of Joys, almost.

The 6 nations in their entirety are available on France2, which is one of the channels available on Kabel Deutschland as part of their their basic digital package.

This is a mere 3 euro a month extra if you already have analogue as part of your rent agreement. If you have SKY (DE) over cable (as many do to get the premiership and champions league football) you already have the box and smartcard needed so a phonecall with your bank details and you are all set.

The only bummer is that its in French and not original BBC/ RTÉ commentary.

Still, an enthuastic french commentator is better than a half arsed attempt by some DSF muppet that knows more about olympic handball than rugby.

I have copied the info from the France2 website just to confirm that all games are available.

LES SIX NATIONS SUR FRANCE TELEVISIONS

France Télévisions, partenaire historique du Tournoi, va une nouvelle fois vous offrir une couverture aussi riche que complète sur l’événement phare du rugby européen. Vous pourrez donc suivre les quinze matches sur les antennes de France Télévisions mais aussi en direct vidéo sur Internet.

1ère JOURNEE

Samedi 7 février-

16h00 : Angleterre - Italie sur France 2

- 18h00 : Irlande - France sur France 2

Dimanche 8 février-

16h00 Ecosse - Pays de Galles sur France 2

2e JOURNEE

Samedi 14 février

- 16h00 : France - Ecosse sur France 2

- 18h30 : Pays de Galles - Angleterre sur France 2

Dimanche 15 février-

15h30 : Italie -Irlande sur France 2

3e JOURNEE

Vendredi 27 février

- 21h00 : France - Pays de Galles sur France 2

Samedi 28 février

- 16h00 : Ecosse - Italie sur France 2

- 18h30 : Irlande - Angleterre sur France 2

4e JOURNEE

Samedi 14 mars-

16h00 : Italie - Pays de Galles sur France 2

- 18h00 : Ecosse - Irlande sur France 2

Dimanche 15 mars

- 16h00 : Angleterre - France sur France 2

5e JOURNEE

Samedi 21 mars

- 14h15 : Italie - France sur France 2

- 16h30 : Angleterre - Ecosse sur France 2

- 18h30 : Pays de Galles - Irlande sur France 2

http://sport.france2.fr/rugby/tournoi-six-nations/index-fr.php?page=guidetv

Still, an enthuastic french commentator is better than a half arsed attempt by some DSF muppet that knows more about olympic handball than rugby.

I just cross checked. And from the looks of it there will be no problems with annoying DSF commentary as they don't seem to be showing any Rugby this year.

So the only non satellite, non internet option looks like France2.

The dates of the fixtures are wrong in the France 2 link though, they are probably last years'. See here for correct dates!

Thanks for the info. As an internet option (other than BBC iplayer)...has anybody tried the online Sky player. Can you subscribe to purely the sports package for one month? Or do you need to first take a basic package and then the sports package?

yep, they are last years fixtures. well spotted.

Whoops. :unsure:

I fecked up there with not spotting the dodgy fixtures.

6 Nations on TV in Germany?

I'd rather watch it either at me bar or at Molly's

When you have kids what you would prefer goes out the window.

Or if you have a non rugby loving partner(probably magnified if they dont come from a rugby loving nation), you spending 9 evenings over a month "with the lads" in the pub enjoying the atmosphere over a half dozen pints (well, its never that little), coming home stinkin and drunk, sometimes doesnt go down too well.

Either way. It's good to have the option.

Even if its for catching up on the Sunday game at home when you are too hungover from the loooong session watching the Rugby on the day before to be leaving the house.

In our house the fact that my husband has a rugby loving partner and we have 2 kids means that we are fighting over who gets to go to the pub - DSF showing the rugby was a huge help (except when they showed basketball instead).

Another option (maybe better if you don't speak French) is download the www.filmon.com tv thingy and watch the BBC version live. Seems to be working well with no geo-restrictions. It seems to time out every 30 minutes or so but then you just change channels and then go back again.

i love sport on the internet. When it works.

Unfortunately my experience with it is so good that I ended up paying for Sky Sport Germany to avoid broken up picture/ sound/ last minute panic to find a game.

It was ALWAYS the game you wanted to watch that was the one that ended up with a broken up stream.

I have an Irish proxy which hopefully will be good enough to watch the game on, but if I was a betting man I'd not be putting my car on it.

All I can suggest is give it a go, we've been watching it awhile now and the quality is excellent

The games are now also to be shown by a german sports channel called sportdigital.

Their forte is random 2nd division german volleyball/ basketball repeats 24 hours a day, but despite the attractiveness of a schedule packed with regional volleyball, they have outdone themselves and bagged the german rights for the 6 nations.

The games on the 1st Saturday are eclipsed by Davis Cup tennis and a volleyball game involving the mighty Fredrichshafen, so coverage only begins on sunday with the Scotland France match.

All games on the second weekend are being shown live though.

Schedules here are available:

http://sdtv.sportainment.de/

its "free" with the Kabeldeutschland "Kabel Digtal Home" package which costs a tenner extra on top of the 3 euros a month to have digital cable activated.

In itself its not a great package, but theres 2 ESPN channels mostly in english, E! is also mostly in english, MTV dance and MTV hits are 100% UK content.

Then there's national geographic, history etc in german and a load of kiddies channels.

via satellite its a fiver a month just for the sportschannel alone. But if you have the ability to throw up a satellite, then you would obviously point it to the BBC satellite and watch it there for free!!

Sportdigital is also offering online streaming for €2.99 a match or €29.90 for the whole Six Nations package, however I'm not quite sure if the package is incomplete, ie they won't be streaming the Saturday games that they are not showing on cable either.

anyhow, yea, great game. 

on the original topic, DAZN now have the rights to show 6 nations Rugby in Germany , but they are only online. 

Its actually not a bad service, with premier league live games, all games (I think) then in full but delayed, comprehensive highlights of every individual game, bundesliga highlights and heaps of other prominent sports for only a tenner a month. 

of course theres ways and means to get BBC/ RTE / ITV etc, but for a legal service with no messing its damn good.