The laws about employees and Kurzarbeit

135 posts in this topic

And if he is Lucky.. JohnG will come along and tell us all about some trip up a Peruvian friends trouser leg whilst hiding from Village witch doctor or sommat...

On 4/10/2020, 12:14:21, AlexTr said:

You must be so embarrassed. 

4 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

. You must be embarrassed.

Try a bit of variety, AlexTr. 

:D

3 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

What is true today? And answer my question. You know you're wrong and that's why you aren't answering. Shameful. You must be embarrassed.

I answered your question please answer mine.

I will repeat it,

When was unemployment insurance introduced?

When was kurzarbeit introduced?

7 minutes ago, RenegadeFurther said:

Ren! I posted earlier about the Infection Protection Act. Your questions are not really relevant. This is a situation we have never known.

By the way, I have no idea if the world’s top level economic/financial and political reactions are appropriate. Does anybody- if we are honest?

1 minute ago, john g. said:

Ren! I posted earlier about the Infection Protection Act. Your questions are not really relevant. This is a situation we have never known.

By the way, I have no idea if the world’s top level economic/financial and political reactions are appropriate. Does anybody- if we are honest?

I am looking for dates then we can continue this farce further.

@RenegadeFurther You never answered my question and you keep moving goalposts so I'm going to let you keep looking ignorant all by yourself. You do not need anyone's help.

Just now, AlexTr said:

@RenegadeFurther You never answered my question and you keep moving goalposts so I'm going to let you keep looking ignorant all by yourself. You do not need anyone's help.

Please tell me the dates.

Will repeat,

4 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

Tell us what you are trying to prove..

Shhhhh, you will spoil the punch line.

20 minutes ago, RenegadeFurther said:

Maybe Bismarck in Germany?

When corona became a pain in the arse.

Bump. Can anyone tell me what the distinction is between Kurzarbeit and Arbeitszeitverkürzung?

54 minutes ago, Dembo said:

Bump. Can anyone tell me what the distinction is between Kurzarbeit and Arbeitszeitverkürzung?

Kurzarbeit is a program to help businesses and employees when they don't have any work.  A company may keep their employees and have them work part time or not at all and during that time, they will be paid unemployment benefits to the ratio of how much they work, for example, 50% work = 50% wages + 50% unemployment benefits.

Arbeitszeitverkürzung is what the unions are fighting for in the way of shorter work week, for example from 40 hrs. a week to 35.  From 35 to 30.  From a 5 day work week to a 4 day etc.

Thanks. So Kurzarbeit is a government scheme that presumably comes with conditions - that's sort of what I guessed. I assume when you say the unions want a reduction in working time you mean for the same money.

8 minutes ago, Dembo said:

Thanks. So Kurzarbeit is a government scheme that presumably comes with conditions - that's sort of what I guessed. I assume when you say the unions want a reduction in working time you mean for the same money.

Well, yes, that's generally the idea :)

Hello, I read today that the conditions working part time Kurzarbeit have been eased up, that meaning that the Kurzarbeitgeld will not be affected by the part time work.

Can anybody provide more details, for example in case of 100% Kurzarbeit how much part time can you take, is it possible to take an 8 hour job?