Crochet lessons in Kreuzberg

13 posts in this topic

Have you ever wanted to learn crochet?

Have you already begun to learn but would like to improve or branch out?

I am offering a comprehensive crochet course, suitable for complete beginners and those wishing to build on their existing skills. Classes will take place in a cosy sewing cafe in Schlesisches Tor where tea, coffee and cake is also provided for I will teach everything from the basics to fancy stitches, blown up lace, filet crochet, afghan/tunisian crochet, how to follow patterns, making clothing and so on.

On top of this there will be many attractive patterns to choose from and paper instructions for each lesson that you can take home to use as a reference. During the lessons you will recieve one to one support and encouragement to see your project through.

The course is taken over 6 classes. Each class is 3 hours long, from 10.00 to 13.00, each Saturday beginning January 23rd.

Prices:

Full course incl. materials: €105

Full course excl. materials: €90

Full course excl. beginner session: €90

Taster/beginner session only: €15

Gift vouchers for the course are also available!

If there is one or two lessons in particular you are interested in but not the others, you can also come along to these at the cost of €15 per session :)

The course is as follows:

Lesson one: Starting out - making a slip knot, chain stitch, working into a chain, turning a chain and all the basic stitches. We will also learn increasing & decreasing stitches and crocheting in a circle. At the end of this session you should have the skills to make something simple like a scarf or a hat.

Lesson two: Advanced stitches - in this lesson we will build on the first to learn new and more complicated stitches (shells, bobbles, fishnet and so on). We will also learn about combining stitches, mixing colours and so on. I will also teach how to make blanket squares. At the end of this session you will have the skills to tackle more complicated projects and jazz up existing ones!

Lesson three: Patterns! - understanding patterns is a knack. Here we will work on following patterns together and will then choose our own which i will guide you through. We will look at the differences between American and English crochet terminology and I will have plenty of charts and conversion tables to demystify the process as much as possible. I'm hoping everyone will leave this session more pattern-confident and ready to try working from a pattern themselves.

Lesson four: Tunisian Crochet - also known as Afghan crochet! This technique is simple and fun and is produced using a particular type of hook - these will be provided by me. It is primarily used for making blankets. I will also teach how to crochet designs into you work to create a tapestry effect. At the end of this session you will have the skills to make yourself a beautiful blanket!

Lesson five: Filet Crochet and Lace - This is a beautiful technique and is not as complicated as it looks - its just fiddly and takes patience! It is typically done with a small hook and is used to make things such as doilies and lace curtains. However I will also teach the technique called 'blown up lace' which involves using lace making techniques on a larger scale (using larger hooks and yarn) and produces a unique effect - perfect for shawls and other types of clothing.

Lesson six: Clothing - Here we will go into the specific practicalities of making a garment which will bring together all the skills we've learned in previous sessions (following a pattern, combining different stitches and so on). We will also look at understanding gauge, sewing pieces together, blocking, adding seams, making button holes and so on. This final session will give you the skills you need to tackle any sort of clothing project.

For further details or to book a place please contact:

Stich 'n Bitch sewing cafe

Wrangelstr. 80

10997 Berlin

Mobile: 0152 01375225

Email: linkle@linkle.de/ekca_1980@yahoo.com

Web: www.linkle.de

Hey Emma,

I would like to come along to the first session on Saturday and then decide whether I want to take the entire course, if that's OK?

Do I just turn up on Saturday or do I need to give the cafe a call to book a place?

Thanks!

Olivia

Hello Olivia,

Yes thats fine :) I appreciate that 6 lessons is quite a commitment! The first session is designed to be a taster so you can get the feel of things and see whether you enjoy it.

It would be great if you could book a place just so I have an idea of the numbers.

thanks,

Emma

oh Emma,

Unfortunately I can't make the course because your running the same time as mine!!! BUT I will be by (to the next room to mine!) and I will supply everyone with a nice cup tea!!

See you tomorrow! xxx

Hello all,

Don't worry that the course has already begun, there is still room for crocheters of all levels to join any time! Feel free to come for single sessions which ever dates suit you and I can accomadate you whatever your level :)

Emma

Hi Emma,

I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed your class last Saturday! Who knew that learning crochet could be so much fun? (The German radio and chocolate Madeleines helped, too!)

Hope to see you in a few weeks when I'm back in Berlin.

My best,

Jess

Hello Crocheters!

Tomorrows lesson: following charts and patterns (for those taking the full course), beginners 'salon' and new stitches and techniques for all those in between! Plus more madeleines...

See you there!

Emma :)

The lesson this week takes place from 13.00 - 16.00, instead of the usual time of 10-13!

Same place: Stitch n Bitch sewing cafe, wranglestr, Kreuzberg.

This week we are learning Tunisian crochet! Anybody interested please feel free to come along, even if its your first time. :)

post-91030-12659817394256.jpg

Hi Crocheters!

This Saturday the class will be taking place between 13.15 and 16.15. We are going to be looking at filet crochet and lace making techniques! Anybody is welcome to join the class, just drop me an email if youre interested. Its a lot easier than it looks!

See you there!

Emma

post-91030-1266519695007.jpg

post-91030-12665197096291.jpg

A bit late, sorry.

I only wanted to thank Emma for the great crochet lessons- I could refresh and deepen old skills, learn some new stitches and patterns and the most important thing, meet interesting and very nice people. If there will be a next course, I would strongly recommend it for everyone interested in crochet.

Beatrice

@ Sanchi - emma_ca hasn´t visited this site since November 2012, so I very much doubt that classes are still running.

The web address given in the OP is no longer active, so why not try sending an email to the address given? If you are in luck, at least that might work!