Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Traditional Hotels/cosy B&B's In Nuremberg

9 posts in this topic

There are a few mentions of hotels in Nuremberg but am trying to find somewhere that is a bit more than just a place to put your head down. The sort of place I am looking for is somewhere where a visitor to the area (not a German) could come away and be really impressed.You can be really impressed staying somewhere like the Hilton or Kempinski but you could be anywhere in the world in one of these places, but I am looking for smaller, maybe family run places with traditional food, decor and friendly staff. Any suggestions?

Never stayed here, never had guests stay here. But I've heard that it's supposed to be good. Though not cheap.

http://www.hoteldreiraben.de/english/index.html

Meanwhile, for "friendly staff", you do realise that this is Franken you're talking about. Friendly is when the corners of the mouth move upwards by 1mm as they tell you they can't help you... :ph34r:

We stayed here year before last and was excellent location, great price and decent hotel

Burghotel Nürnberg***

Lammsgasse 3

D - 90403 Nürnberg

Tel.: +49(0)911/23 88 90

Fax : +49(0)911/23 88 91 00

e-mail:burg-hotel@altstadthotels.com

www.altstadthotels-nuernberg.de

i would stay at the Hotel Drei Raben... i have been there countless of times and eveytime i go in they always address me by my first name... very friendly staff and not to expensive... usually i pay about 100 euros a night

Many thanks for all the suggestions. Will have a trawl through and report back after I have stayed at whichever one it is that I end up in whether it really was good or little better than a hedge in Kreuzberg :-)