Eating Adventure Treffpunkt In NuremberG (EATING)

2,211 posts in this topic

Hi. I'm new to this site, but I would love to join you guys tomorrow. Sounds like a fun thing to do. I already intoduced myself in the I'm new thread, but I might just repeat it quick, I'm Judy, 25, German and just moved back to Nürnberg.

Looking forward to meeting new people tomorrow :)

I'm in!!! Jason's out of town, so he won't be coming.

I am HOPING maybe real Mexican food does exist in Germany? :)

I guess we'll find out tomorrow. See you all there for una cerveza y una margarita!! :) And hppefully some real tacos y burritos.

I'll be there. It's been almost a year since I've eaten Mexican food in Germany...hopefully we don't all have to run for border afterwards. ;)

Here's something useful to know about El Pancho: I've read that it is sort of "off the beaten path" in the Altstadt and therefore a bit tricky to find. The building itself is nondescript on the outside and you apparently have to walk to the back of the building to enter through some stairs.

Once inside, we will hopefully be greeted with a cozy atmosphere and muy bueno Mexican food :)

Ok, so El Pancho is definitely better than Enchilada's. I would go there again if I really need a Mexican food fix. My taco and enchilada was pretty good, and didn't have any odd veggies in them that do not belong in Mexican food(aka peas, carrots, or green beans) ..and there was actually a side of refried beans and Mexican rice! And we even got a side of jalapenos!! Woo hoo!!

Unfortunately, one of the poor souls in the group did not get so lucky with his cheese nachos. :( They came out looking really promising...real melted cheese on top...and lots of it! Too bad all that yummy gooey cheese was hiding a strange array of none other than....VEGETABLES!! Peas, carrots, and whatnot....now seriously, where on earth did they get the idea that peas and carrots belong with nachos... :blink:

I just don't get it...well, there are a couple of other Mexican places to try still..but now I am really scared. Looks like we need to organize an evening at someone's house where we make our own Mexican feast...the correct way.

P.S. At least the company was good! :) And welcome to Judy! We hope you enjoyed it!

Unfortunately, one of the poor souls in the group did not get so lucky with his cheese nachos. They came out looking really promising...real melted cheese on top...and lots of it! Too bad all that yummy gooey cheese was hiding a strange array of none other than....VEGETABLES!! Peas, carrots, and whatnot....now seriously, where on earth did they get the idea that peas and carrots belong with nachos...

I think it was his own fault for saying that he wanted it vegetarian! =P

I didn't wake up in the night wanting to puke, so I have to say El Pancho gets a plus. I agree with hlib76! We need a taco night! Now I'm craving Taco Bell for some reason...

I agree with what was said above. The food was pretty good, I had worse, but I also had better. But then again, it is really hard to find good Mexican food in Germany.

And the company was really great. I did enjoy it a lot and I'll definitely come to the next meetings.

one of the worst ever, ein "trummer haufen vom feinsten". not only was the food balls but the cocktails were balls too. i should have sent it back straight away. my mate in work is right, every time someone from here tries to make foreign food its a disaster. only native cooks can prepare native food. hence is chose nachos, its one those dishes you simply cant screw up. even stephen hawking could make it.

but the spirit was once again good, and hopefully Judy wasnt scared off by Heather's Dildo, its always the quiet ones ... :P

We are going to be dining near the world's largest Feuerzangenbowle on Wednesday - at Riverside Pizza House.

Riverside Pizza House

Winklerstrasse 1

90403 Nuremberg

Tel. 2406044

It's directly behind Starbucks near the Hauptmarkt. The Feuerzangenbowle part of the Christmas market is open until 10 PM on Wednesdays so that we will have a chance to enjoy some Glühwein or Feuerzangenbowle outside after dinner.

See you there! :)

Hey everyone... Just joined a few weeks ago... My wife is german so i would really like to go out and meet some ppl who speak better english than her family... We are leaving in Burgthann right now so nurnberg is only like 10 min away... By the way i'm 24 and my wife is 20...

We're in too!! I hope the Christkindlesmarkt is not as busy on a Wednesday evening, like it was this weekend!

Jason and Heather