Muslim march - Incitement or just a PR stunt?

80 posts in this topic

The EDL have composed an open letter to Mr Choudary:

http://www.englishdefenceleague.org/100103-Open-letter-to-Anjem-Choudary-islam4uk-.html

Although I find said Muslim march at the said place to be in bad taste we can't have it both ways (or maybe we can, if so, great - I like to have my cake and eat it, and then eat it later as well).

We want said Muslims to integrate in to our society. A society that allows peaceful demonstrations against or in support of issues people feel strongly about.

They are against the war, I know a lot of other British people that are against the war. I would not stop them marching about it.

Like I say, the place they have chosen is a poor choice (however an obvious one if you want to give an anti-war stance) and I would strongly try to persuade them to do it elsewhere.

Yes, they are an offshoot of a radical group, however they are still allowed to protest. If this was a group of ex UK people in Iran being stopped from marching against something some people would be saying it was unfair.

Living in a democracy is like that at times, you don't agree with them, you find their location to demonstrate in poor taste and you know they are to a point against the value we hold dear. However they still have the right to march.

It is one of those strengths/weakness things about democracy. We have to put up with what some things some people do here even though we would not be allowed to do the same where they are from.

However, groups like the BNP will also be looking to exploit the event to their own advantage - that's the way it goes. Until these groups are banned, they will use our system to problems.

The entire march sounds to me like it is being organised by racist nut jobs. If the BNP turn up as well, then a well placed tactical airstrike would seem rather opportune.

Hopefully there is a KFC nearby.

It would be more the exception than the rule when you factor in Americas history of tricking it's citizens into conflict.

No no no we gave King George the chance but no he wanted us to kiss his ass so we told him to lick out balls. Actually I am Tribal Native so I was telling both of them to lick my balls. Then that War of 1812 thing came up as well... We should have just given the Brits Tennessee that would have punished them enough.

A-P you need to grow some tact as well as a brain. There is a time and place for trying to further your particular platform(Whatever that is) but I assure you this is not that time. Why are you pissing off the Brits? Stay the fuck out of this. Not really our business anyway. Geez Dude why dont you make some more friends and try insulting the Queen?

Actually you seem to excel at pissing everybody off.

As far as the actions of the USA, the UK and their allies are concerned, there is no justification for that. Canting about the long term benefits and "liberating" these countries is just as sick. The idea of parachuting democracy in undemocratic, illiterate and uneducated societies is so far-fetched. I personally believe that had the Allies invested in the infrastructure and educational system of these "colonies", the results would be far-reaching but this is just wishful thinking.

You seem to be getting confused about the difference between the "Coalition governments'" PR campaign for the invasion/occupation and the actual reasons for them.

They are against the war, I know a lot of other British people that are against the war. I would not stop them marching about it.

It is true that increasing numbers of people in America and Britain are against the war. Worrisome, though, if any join the march, thinking they are supporting some kind of peaceful group.

Like I say, the place they have chosen is a poor choice (however an obvious one if you want to give an anti-war stance) and I would strongly try to persuade them to do it elsewhere.

Their only purpose in holding the march here is obviously to be provocative. Reminds me of the Orangemen marching in Northern Ireland, or the Westboro Baptist Church members, who like to show up at military funerals in the US with big picket signs, claiming that 9/11 was actually a good thing, since it was God's punishment to the US for tolerating gays.

In the interests of peace, I think it would behoove the authorities to allow the protest to take place elsewhere.

I think it would behoove the authorities to allow the protest to take place elsewhere

Agreed. I suggest Iraq. If they wanna get all marchy and protesty about "solidarity for our muslim brothers and sisters", it would be good for them to see some of their brothers and sisters blowing fuck out of each other every day, because of an apparent disagreement about spelling the word "shit" properly. Some of them prefer an "a" for a "t", others like random apostrophes in the word. Medievel fucking idiots. Wasting my kids' oxygen, and nothing more.

You seem to be getting confused about the difference between the "Coalition governments'" PR campaign for the invasion/occupation and the actual reasons for them.

No, there is no confusion about that. It is pretty much common knowledge these days, what the real motives are. I was just referring to the justifications given.

This rally is just an effort to go populist otherwise supporters of other terrorist acts mongering for peace is the greatest irony in itself.

"...minority ethnic groups".

"Certainly unfairly demonising a giant chunk of the global population..."

Well whats it going to be? Make up your mind

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/war/guardian-readers%27-heads-explode-in-wootton-bassett-dilemma-201001052349/

http://www.merkur-online.de/lokales/nachrichten/dramatische-rettung-englaender-zieht-rollstuhlfahrer-sempt-571741.html

Read this guys, stuff like this makes me proud to be English.Oh and i know the people involved.My hat goes off to them true heroes

MD, hats off to the man who saved the guy from the river.

But what's that got to do with the story at hand, namely a bunch of nutter bigots protesting against profiteering war mongery?

What I find fascinating is that Islam and islamophone intellectual identification and transference paved the way for a lot of what is common law in western societies, the US constitution for example has lineage to the constitution of Medina.

These fucksockers do not represent what Islam is about, just what it has been twisted into by über-religious dilletantes in search of a pliable agenda.

The original Ummah states:

Rights of non-Muslims

The security (dhimma) of God is equal for all groups,

Non-Muslim members have equal political and cultural rights as Muslims. They will have autonomy and freedom of religion.

Non-Muslims will take up arms against the enemy of the Ummah and share the cost of war. There is to be no treachery between the two.

Non-Muslims will not be obliged to take part in religious wars of the Muslims.

Wonder if the people who wrote that were to be sat down with the cockswabbers hellbent on returning all of us to a state-of-being prior to the original islamic enlightenment, would consider them as barbaric and despicable paragons of intolerance, incompatible ignorants hellbent on their own version of a tribal agenda, one of the cardinal intransigences that Mohammed sought to address by uniting tribes under Islam?

Taft: the world Muslim population is roughly 1.6 billion people. IMHO, that constitutes a large chunk.

Only 2.7% of the total UK population though. So the answer to your question is, both.

PunchBear, very well said. Particularly your use of "fucksockers" and "cokswabbers".

It is in my opinion, that the majority of Muslims are not theses cockswabbers you're talking about, but rather the breed determined to live a peacful, honest existance.

Le Sigh... that popping sound is probably your eyes finally reading between the lines as the ferric detector expires. English isn't your first language...couldn't be oder'? Go on, admit et ey? My regards to the Grauddrolls.

What I find fascinating is that Islam and islamophone intellectual identification and transference paved the way for a lot of what is common law in western societies, the US constitution for example has lineage to the constitution of Medina.

Well the constitution you are talking about was drafted right after Mohammed's relocation to Medina, it was more out of necessity than vision. He was made to move to Medina and actually was in no right to draft constitutions. As soon as he became more powerful, the Jews were driven out of Medina. Later several tribes were attacked, the Non-Muslims were forced to pay a "Non-Muslims' Tax" i.e. "Jizya" and basically had to live as 2nd class citizens. Mohammed needed such peaceful words to win friends in Medina at first.

By the way, isn't it obvious that everyone should enjoy equal rights? The US Constitution has lineage to common sense I'd rather say.

to all muslims who bash christianity but cannot take it when your own religion is critisized...anyway for your viewing enjoyment...when you can burn our flags and expect us to conform to your needs and customs when you immigrate here...and continually bash western religion and yet call us intolerant...what a bunch of hypocrites...i really commend the danish cartoonist who was brave enough to publish these cartoons and the danish govt. who stood by him and not let the foolishnes of political correctness take over. And good for the cop who shot the would be assassin who tried to kill the cartoonist and his grandaughter...i hope he suuffered!

when you immigrate here..

when you immigrate where exactly?

to all muslims who bash ...anyway ...and continually bash western religion and yet call us intolerant...what a bunch of hypocrites...

I like your "western religion" thingie: what exactly would that be? Scientology? Palease, suit yourselves and keep bashing!