Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

English-speaking running group in Frankfurt

46 posts in this topic

Hey,

Is there an English speaking running group in FFM? I saw that some people run marathons, participate in running events and triathlons, but do some Toytown folks actually meet up to run together?

Thanks :-) Sounds like fun! But I am looking more for people who meet once a week (maybe Saturday) and just go for a run or maybe a group of people who prepare for a specific event together. Anything?

Hello,

I will be moving to Frankfurt in February and enjoy running especially as a way to explore new cities. Perhaps we could run together?

I'm 30, Female and fairly (but not super human stylee) fit ;-)

Sounds great! Just let me know when you are in town. If you need any help moving let me know as well.

I am female as well and fairly fit so it should be a good match.

brilliant - thanks SanFran. We confirmed our flat today in Sachenhausen and I should be here from the first week of Feb so will contact you then ;-)

Brilliant!

am very excited about moving to Frankfurt!

Hiya all,

Didn't see this post earlier as I have been away over the holidays.

There are couple of us TTers in Frankfurt who do meet up for races now and again. I'd be happy to do more.

I'd also be up for meeting for training runs by the river or somewhere too. I am female, 31 and also fairly fit. It would be good to get something going.

Hello all,

I would also be interested in running with a group, maybe Saturday mornings. I am also 31 and am not super fit, but have taken to running in the last year and have been participating in 5k and 8k runs. Meeting people and fitness together worked well for me in Berlin last year as well. Sue

@dark knight - checked out the link you provided - sounds like fun for a sunday afternoon sometimes. Will probably come once or twice. But I can't really see how far (in km) the normal run is? Can you fill in that info

@ others interested in running along the river (in Frankfurt itself) - would anyone be interested in meeting up next Saturday or Sunday for a river run (pending weather of course)?

But I can't really see how far (in km) the normal run is? Can you fill in that info

Normally 5-8km, You could also kick an email off to the site contacts and ask..

@ others interested in running along the river (in Frankfurt itself) - would anyone be interested in meeting up next Saturday or Sunday for a river run (pending weather of course)?

I'd be interested in a short one weather dependent on Saturday. I will send you a PM - I live in Ostend too.

On Sunday's I usually run with the Ginnheimer Lauftreff in the marathon group and if anyone would like to join me there they are more than welcome. Length of runs vary on group and time but usually about 15k

Great to see interest. So I spoke with PurpleMuffin that if Ostpark seems to be okay, we will try to go there on Saturday late morning. If Ostpark is an ice rink, then we will hit the river. To be updated closer to the weekend.

sounds great. unfortunately I'm not in Frankfurt this weekend but if you get together the following week I would love to join. I'm also planning to run the Frankfurt Halfmarathon in March - maybe someone would like to join / train with me. I'm also female and 32.

Sure everyone welcome.

I also plan on running the Frankfurt half marathon, just hope this weather thaws out a bit so I can get some more training outside in!

So, Saturday's weather forecast - partly sunny, no snow and 0 degrees C. If anyone else is up for bundling up to run, I'm in. I would suggest this Saturday around 11am to meet up (to give the day a chance to warm up).

@Purple Muffin - have you been to Ostpark this week to see if it's icy? If you don't think it will be too bad, I would suggest Ostpark this week. Could you recommend a meeting point there, as I have not been there yet.

I went out for a run today as the pavements had been gritted. I went past the Ostpark, it hadn't been gritted and was snow on the ground so I didn't go in but I did see a guy running in there so imagine it is fine.

I'll have a think about the best meeting place, depends on if others will be walking/running there or getting U Bahn?

Shall we say 10am? Or do people want to go earlier (fine by me!)

Unfortunately I am going to have to drop out this weekend. I woke up today with a swollen throat, so don't think it would be advisable to go running outside. Next weekend.