Need a Tax Consultant Berlin

16 posts in this topic

Hey TT Members,

ive read just about every thread on Tax Return Germany there is in TT, but i can find any actual advice on places or people in Berlin who would be best.

I actually just came across this second a company called Dria who speak english and are really helpful.

but does anynone have any experience with companies in Berlin?

Cheers TTs :)

Check this guy out, he does my taxes and speaks English: http://www.vonengelhardt.com/ He also offers a lot of other services.

Also check this guy out. He's half American and speaks English well. http://www.eschenhagen.eu/

He is absolutely a brilliant guy and I trust him with all my business tax stuff. Also has helped with getting International VAT back from goods that I bought in the UK.

His rates are affordable!

I strongly recommend against Englehardt. Won't say any more than that because i don't think the German laws are very friendly about such things. He was very helpful to me with my visa process, and then unceremoniously bailed on me when he got bored, for contrived reasons. He got a couple of friends of mine into deep trouble by the way he handled their taxes too.

I had a great experience with a different law firm after, Kopf and Richter, on Oranienplatz, and they enthusiastically recommended this guy

richard-bosley@t-online.de

"I'm an American citizen. Yale B.A. and Ph.D. It's easier to discuss this on

the phone. Give me a call at your convenience: 030-51009090 (home and

office), 0172-9576137. I'm a professor of taxation in a business school in

Berlin and am usually there in the morning and at home (in my office) in the

afternoon and evening (I close shop at 20:00)."

well that's scary to know. I have had von Englehardt doing my taxes for the past couple of years and so far no problems that I am aware of... He also helped me several times with residence permits with no real troubles... should I be worried?

I realize this thread is a little stale but hope some of you can help me nonetheless.

Having lived for somewhat over four years in the US, I have returned to Germany (more specifically, to Berlin) in July 2010. As I have earned income in 2010 in both the US and Germany, I fear that I need to file dual tax returns. Do you have any experience doing so, do you know a tax consultant in Berlin who can be trusted to handle this? Ideally, I am looking for a one-stop shop that can assist me with both returns. Fyi, I am a German citizen, and in 2010 I have spent slightly less than the 180(?) days presence requirement in the US.

Thanks in advance,

A

For your information, I decided to contact Richard Bosley, and he was able to help me on both the German and the US tax return. I found interacting with Mr. Bosley pleasant and effective, and he charges very reasonable fees. Also, this guy knows what he is talking about - not only is he a CPA and a German "Steuerberater" but he also teaches as a professor at a Berlin university! Highly recommended.

Cheers,

A

Hi all,

It's time for the Prüfungsbericht at the Ausländerbehörde. Any current info out there about reputable and reasonable tax advisors in Berlin, preferably English speakers? Does anyone know, for example, if Richard Bosley is still in town? Any info and/or tips greatly appreciated.

Mr Bosley is indeed still in town, but I gather he has moved to a new office. His contact information is:

Prof. Dr. Richard Bosley

Steuerberater, Certified Public Accountant

Am Zirkus 4, 10117 Berlin

Tel. +49-30-28042225, Fax +49-30-28097800

richard-bosley@t-online.de

Gordon

Richard Bosley is a native English speaker and his services are inexpensive, but he is not a good choice. Over the last two years he has made two mistakes on my income taxes, returned paperwork to me extremely late, and gotten the figures so wrong on my Steuererklärung last year that my visa was seriously delayed. He is unresponsive and extremely inconsistent. Moreover, through a friend of mine I know that he has been very unpleasant and unprofessional when working with women.

As an alternative I highly recommend HPTP GmbH Steuerberatungsgesellschaft: www.hptp.de

Richard Bosley is a native English speaker and his services are inexpensive, but he is not a good choice. Over the last two years he has made two mistakes on my income taxes, returned paperwork to me extremely late, and gotten the figures so wrong on my Steuererklärung last year that my visa was seriously delayed. He is unresponsive and extremely inconsistent. Moreover, through a friend of mine I know that he has been very unpleasant and unprofessional when working with women.

As an alternative I highly recommend HPTP GmbH Steuerberatungsgesellschaft: www.hptp.de

Cannot emphasize enough that you should NOT work with Mr Bosley. Aside from being rude and condescending, he made numerous major errors on our US tax return. Luckily we spotted the errors before the return was submitted to the IRS, and we fired him and engaged someone else to do the work. We have a very lucky escape.

Some of the mistakes: numbers were incorrect; forms were simply blank in places where numbers should have been entered; even though we provided details to him, he didn't report the existence of our German bank account (a very serious error with scary consequences and hefty IRS fines); he miscalculated the depreciation on our rental home; and more.