The Germans are too miserable and grumpy

106 posts in this topic

I guess the climate doesnt help the general mood of the German, and also the fact that its so crowded here.

Normally a very happy go lucky person by nature, unfortunately I can somewhat relate a little to their mood when Im living in Munich.

grumpy and rude...yep sums it up most times...I usually start talking very loudly about how appalling I find their rude behaviour and lack of service...gets me the odd stare most times and not many German friends are willing to go out with me anymore as they think I am embarrassing :)

That said...I guess I come across quite moody sometimes at work (which I then am coz some idiot has bothered the hell outta me again) :)

I guess the climate doesnt help the general mood of the German, and also the fact that its so crowded here.

Normally a very happy go lucky person by nature, unfortunately I can somewhat relate a little to their mood when Im living in Munich.

you have to be joking. The climate here is great (everything is relative though of course)

So they have no problem restraining from smiling for their passports photos?

you have to be joking. The climate here is great (everything is relative though of course)

yeah? whats so great about it?

or are you from Siberia?

So they have no problem restraining from smiling for their passports photos?

well im coming from probably one of the "friendliest" countries in the world, and they request you dont smile when having your passport photo taken

ok?

yeah? whats so great about it?
lots of winter snow. Doesn't get dark until 5pm even in winter. Great autumns. Sometimes nice warm summers

or are you from Siberia?

close enough. Sweden (and UK)

So I'm on my way to work this evening and on having not had any dinner decide to pick up half a chicken on the way. Sitting on the tram, I opened the bag and started picking at it. A few minutes later, an older woman walks over from half a carriage away and basically yells at me, saying "Das ist hier kein Imbiss (this is not an eatery)". I asked her what her problem was and she tells me not to eat on the tram. I pointed out to her that there were no signs on the tram forbidding the consumption of food. She really lost her cool then and started yelling at me. So I asked her how it affects her if I'm eating. I must have repeated the question half a dozen times before she told me it was the smell of it. I told her to live with it. At this point, the tram stopped and she got off. As she got off she said "Scheiss Auslaender". I realised then that it was my stop as well, so I got off too. I was right behind her and told her that since the 1940's it hasn't been cool to be anti-foreigner. I know it was a bit of a low blow, but it was an unacceptable comment from her. I followed her for about 10 metres basically abusing her and then she jumped back on the tram, just as the doors were closing. I used my 'angry look' to full effect and I hope I scared the shit out of her and made her miss her stop.

Basically the point is, that this is not the first time that I've been yelled at by a complete stranger for something pretty trivial. I've been yelled at for crossing the road when the man was red, for taking my time at the cash register, for not ordering something at a bakery quickly enough - for all sorts of stuff. At first I used to just mumble an apology, but now I stand my ground. I have never been yelled at in any other country by complete strangers before I moved to Germany.

The thing is, if she had politely told me that the smell of my food was putting her off, then I would have put it away, but these people seem to have no idea of how the human psyche works. If you yell at complete strangers because they're annoying you, then they are far likely to be accomodating.

As she got off she said "Scheiss Auslaender". I realised then that it was my stop as well, so I got off too. I was right behind her and told her that since the 1940's it hasn't been cool to be anti-foreigner. I know it was a bit of a low blow, but it was an unacceptable comment from her. I followed her for about 10 metres basically abusing her and then she jumped back on the tram, just as the doors were closing. I used my 'angry look' to full effect and I hope I scared the shit out of her and made her miss her stop.

:lol: fucking quality mate!! normally dont aprove of following women to intimadate them but i accept these circumstances. Brilliant.

As she got off she said "Scheiss Auslaender".

You know, you could get other people in the tram to be witnesses and just sue her for insults (Üble Nachrede, I think)...if she really said 'Scheiss Ausländer', then you can definitely sue her.

I know - but it's not something I would do. Anyway, she could have counter-sued with the stream of abuse that came out of my mouth after that.

Also, how do you detain someone like that to call the cops to charge them?? They can just walk off, and I'm not sure that physically restraining them is legal.

Oh, yeah, you've got a point there. And no, you're not allowed to detain her...unless you caught her red-handed stealing something or doing something really illegal...then you can restrain her.