Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Flensburg here, anyone?

25 posts in this topic

Welcome, Naga, and hello also to everyone else who has moved up to the frigid North!

Unfortunately I don't have time personally to organize a get-together but I'd love to meet up if someone does organize something!

There's also some great folks in Kiel who do regular gatherings which are GREAT fun -- check them out at their TT thread:

Wednesday Evening Meetups in Kiel

Also feel free to PM me!

Hello, guys.

I have moved to Flensburg a couple of days ago. I am not very familiar with German language and I will be very happy if I have the opportunity to talk to somebody in English and to meet English speaking people. I will be also happy if we decide something about the get - together meeting you all preveiously discussed. Let me know if something came up.

Kind regards, Petya.

Hi all,

I'm trying to connect the handful of Flensburg English speakers on TT with those on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/696065167104979/

Any way we can keep connected. Unfortunately, I don't have time to organize anything. But would love to join if someone else could do the arranging!

Michelle

Hello all,

Hope all of you are doing great. I am doing good along with much laziness and posting here after quite some months.

I happened to check out the Couchsurfing page for Flensburg (https://www.couchsurfing.org/n/places/flensburg-schleswig-holstein-germany) and there are quite some meetups happening there. A person, one, Mr. Kai Pahl posted about an upcoming pub quiz at the Irish Pub (near the harbour). I have decided to join him and probably, some other people might come along.

I just happened to see this post today and thought of attending it. I know this is somewhat a very short notice, but thought of letting you guys know just in case, if someone might be interested. The main rule for the quiz is that there should be a team of 4 people. But, this might not be a problem as I have seen people forming teams of 2/3 when I attended a similar at an Irish pub in Darmstadt, some years back.

I hope this event would be quite nice like the previous one. Hopefully, if some of you guys could make it, it would be nice and I would have the privilege of getting to know new people. :-)

Bis dann,

Naga

Hello everyone,

My wife and I are moving to Flensburg at the end of April. We are both in our mid-60s and will be looking for friends in our age group when we get there, my wife is an American citizen, and I am Danish. Both former military.

At our age American football is not exactly our primary interest, but my son actually plays in Denmark with a team known as Aarhus Tigers.

Jorgen