Seeking info on Rechtsschutzversicherung

56 posts in this topic

as this little article explains quite well, most legal problems around building a house cannot be covered with a Rechtschutzversicherung. this is because with too many building sites legal disputes arise, which most often are expensive - hence this is only a loss for insurance companies (or the premiums would have to be so high that nobody would buy them).

http://www.juraforum.de/lexikon/rechtsschutzversicherung-baurecht

You might want to ask your current insurance provider and/or agent/broker to detail to you in writing, what the coverage you have would pay for around the house building. For instance if some companies involved in building the house do not fulfill their legal contract with you - is that covered or not?

Furthermore for the future you might want to add "Wohnungs- u. Grundstücks-RS". This won't help you much regarding legal disputes around the building of the house, but it will be necessary/good for future disputes with neighbours or with public institutions (like the Gemeinde or Stadt-Verwaltung).

What is extremely important, though, is to check your current Haftpflichtversicherung (3rd party liability insurance) to add coverage for Bauherren or check that this is well covered. because as the "builder" of the house you are legally liable for a number of things the workers/contractors can do wrong and harm 3rd parties accordingly. Read more in Germany about this here:

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bauherrenhaftpflichtversicherung

And if the property/house is mortgage-financed, please remember to protect yourself and your loved ones from dire financial consequences in case of your untimely death or occupational disability, too!

Cheerio

I am a professional independent insurance broker, financial adviser, and authorised advertiser. Contact me.

That is indeed a comprehensive answer, murphaph, from Starshollow, and I would urge you to consider the importance of his final sentence! In case you haven´t done so!

My partner Nicole had to move home twice as a fairly young child as her mother - twice married to estate agents!!! - was widowed in both cases and neither of them had made any provisions for their death..and so her mother twice had to "give back to the bank " the roof over her head!

Nobody wants to die once they´ve just bought a place or get very ill/terrible accident but this s.. happens.

So, Rechtsschutz yes, Haftpflicht yes , and some other stuff.

I am a professional independent insurance broker and authorised advertiser. Contact me.

Cheers John,

Yeah we have "normal" Haftpflicht but I know we need to extend that even before we build (as soon as we become owners). We will also definitely have mortgage protection in place at the very least.

Well, murphaph---you do mention "we " and I don´t know if your wife is also a breadwinner or whether you have children ( or both scenarios! )...and your idea of mortgage protection is right! If you have any doubts about the right road to take, why not contact Starshollow directly? You know, getting proper advice from a bank or the run of the mill insurance agent may not be enough.

I am a professional independent insurance broker and authorised advertiser. Contact me.

There are 4 major basic elements of Rechtsschutzversicherung:

1. Contractual disputes
  2. Labo(u)r disputes (e.g. with your employer)
  3. Motoring related disputes
  4. Accommodation (home rental or ownership) disputes
Most policies allow you to combine any or all of these elements to suit your circumstances or requirements.

I'm pretty sure it isn't, but can you confirm that Rechtsschutzversicherung for Accommodation (home rental or ownership) disputes is not the same as Hausratversicherung?

Thx

Hi dalang

Rechtsschutzversicherung = Legal protection insurance

Hausratversicherung = Household contents insurance

I think you can see, from the translated meaning of their names, that they are not at all the same.

2B

Hi everyone,

As the topic is 2 years old I would like to ask you for an update:)

Which companies will you recommend?

I'm currently researching the topic. It is not a nice one, because many people are unhappy and say lawyers don't care when there is an insurance they are always paid no matter if they win or lose the case.

In the conditions is said that you can use it only twice a year or the insurance can cancel the contract, which is really bad, but I read that there are people who had 16 years contract and used it only 5 times and they've got a cancellation. So if you have this insurance then you should be scared to used it. And what about the Selbstbeteiligung with or without? I read an advice with is better so you think twice before you used it;-)

I'm curious to hear your opinion and experience.

I was thinking of ARAG (zählt zu den drei weltweit führenden Rechtsschutzanbietern) without Selbstbeteiligung for the family - Komfort - Privaten Bereich, Beruf, Immobilien - 396.91 per year.

Do you think Beitragsfreistellung bei Arbeitslosigkeit is a good a idea? It means:

Sind Sie als Versicherungsnehmer von einer unverschuldeten Arbeitslosigkeit oder Erwerbsminderung betroffen, übernehmen wir die Beitragszahlung bis zu fünf Jahre lang.

Folgende Voraussetzungen müssen erfüllt sein:

• Sie waren vor Eintritt des Versicherungsfalls mindestens 2 Jahre ununterbrochen in einem ungekündigten und nicht befristeten Arbeitsverhältnis nach deutschem Recht beschäftigt.
  • Sie haben ein Arbeitsentgelt bezogen, das über dem eines geringfügig Beschäftigten (§§8 und 8a Sozialgesetzbuch IV) lag.

Wartezeit:
Versicherungsschutz besteht, wenn die Arbeitslosigkeit oder die Berufs- bzw. Erwerbsunfähigkeit 6 Monate nach Versicherungsbeginn eintritt.

Sofortigen Versicherungsschutz haben Sie, wenn die Berufs- bzw. Erwerbsunfähigkeit Folge eines Unfalls innerhalb dieses Zeitraums ist.

And I was thinking to add ADAC Verkehrs-Rechtsschutz for the car, because I read really good reviews about it.

The problem is that I read not so good reviews for ARAG. Anyone using them?

Thank you in advance:-)

On 3/3/2016, 1:39:37, Lotzo said:

Hi everyone,

As the topic is 2 years old I would like to ask you for an update:)

Which companies will you recommend?

I'm currently researching the topic. It is not a nice one, because many people are unhappy and say lawyers don't care when there is an insurance they are always paid no matter if they win or lose the case.

In the conditions is said that you can use it only twice a year or the insurance can cancel the contract, which is really bad, but I read that there are people who had 16 years contract and used it only 5 times and they've got a cancellation. So if you have this insurance then you should be scared to used it. And what about the Selbstbeteiligung with or without? I read an advice with is better so you think twice before you used it;-)

I was with ARAG for quite some time - now moving to BavariaDirekt. Its a bit cheaper and I have some friends who gave positive views on it.

On 3/3/2016, 1:39:37, Lotzo said:

On 3.3.2016, 14:39:37, Lotzo said:

They will always be paid. Either by you, your insurance or the opponent.

On 3.3.2016, 14:39:37, Lotzo said:

In the conditions is said that you can use it only twice a year or the insurance can cancel the contract, which is really bad, but I read that there are people who had 16 years contract and used it only 5 times and they've got a cancellation. So if you have this insurance then you should be scared to used it.

That´s why it might be a good idea to cancel the contract yourself when making a claim and taking out new insurance so that you don´t have to answer "yes" to the question whether you´ve ever been kicked out by another insurance company.

I would also be interested in a good Rechtschutzversicherung. By "good" I mean that it doesn't make too much fuss when it's time to cover legal expenses, and possibly with an English-speaking customer service (although that's not a must). I need Private and Wohnung (for eventual problems with my landlord), no Arbeit (I have a good relationship with my employer) or Verkehr (I have no car).

I am a member of the Mieterverein, and they would cover me in theory with their Rechtsschutz, but frankly, at least the Mieterverein in Munich, has been quite incompetent in the past, plus for any problem you have to wait 2 weeks for an appointment with them...I'll still keep the membership, but I'd like to have a real legal protection...

I've been looking at Arag and Ergo, but then you go to their Facebook page and some of the complains by customers are bad...

I don't mind paying as much as 20 EUR per month, as long as I have a "real" insurance...

Thank you.

Hello everyone, 
I have a more specific question regarding this  Rechtsschutzversicherung ... In recently moved to Berlin and had a beef with the Berliner police. Long story short, I want to take the Berliner police to court for the fact that I believe their actions towards me infringed on my freedoms. Could I use this Rechtsschutzversicherung for such a case?

Thanks, 

Anne

@Ana1984 : do you already have a Rechtsschutzversicherung ? if yes, which one? Because the terms&conditions will stipulate if and what coverage you have...

Cheerio

I am a professional independent insurance broker, financial adviser, and authorised advertiser. Contact me.

Folks, can only recommned getting a rechtschutz.

True story 2013

A tax consultant sent me 3200 EUR plus invoice. 

I call him and suggest that we should seek legal mediation via my rechtschutz.

In 15 mins of call the price came down to 1100 EUR.

So, it helps a ton folks. And there are lot of them. 
Specially look for the ones which offer free mediation. Running a full legal case is a painful process - if someone is cheating you then take them to the mediation stage and lot of things get clarified and solved. 

Is it better to have a legal insurance with the coverage of Job related matters, or being a paying member to the labor union (i was told that, the lawyer fees and judicial costs are covered by the labor union, when you are a member, and when you go to the court against the employer (in the case of job loss etc.)?