Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Festival of Freedom...

3 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I am looking to go to the Berlin wall/reunification celebrations tomorrow. However, most of my friends are working and I think it might make sense to get there early (maybe even around 2-4PM?) to get a decent spot where we can see the action. So I thought, hey maybe this is a good opportunity to meet some new people!

Here is the schedule:

Program of the Festival of Freedom

7:00 p.m. Concert of the Berlin state's orchestra under the conducter Daniel Barenboim (music from Wagner, Schoenberg, Beethoven, and Goldmann

7:30 p.m. International politicians and former GDR civil right activists walk through the Brandenburg Gate and give speeches

between 7:45 - 8:30 p.m.

The first domino will fall

Performance of Jon Bon Jovi at the Brandenburg Gate

Interview with Michael Gorbatschow and Hans Dietrich Genscher (former German Foreign Minister)

8:30 p.m. The last domino will fall, kicking off a spectacular firework display over the Brandenburg Gate

And a short "documentary" to get you excited

Maybe we could even get a small group together, I had not really thought about this until now (cant sleep), otherwise I would have planned it out better. I actually came here looking for a group that was going, but was unable to find one. Maybe I did not see it? Well if not, we have time tomorrow still to discuss a meetup place and where we would like to try and get to. I may also bring a sign to hold up, but we will see if I have time to make one.

Please post your thoughts, ideas, etc. here, or you can send me a PM.

Cheers,

-Malcolm

You might check out the post for the photo group - :) There's some of us going to the events all day. You'd be welcome to join - photographer or not!

I won't be out of work til 5 or 6, which I imagine is way too late to get a decent spot to see anything, and others will have already found good viewpoints by then... otherwise I'd be interested in meeting up with people, going as a group.