Divorce lawyers in Munich - recommendations

63 posts in this topic

Here is the reason I have been told to try the mediation route. Lawyers are interested in their client. Only one side of the deal. They will advise you in your best interests. That may not be the best interests of the whole environment and could therefore create a worse environment that further damages the children at a time when they need protecting.

Given the number of us in this sort of postion perhaps we should organise a TT divored or getting divored night out and invite a whole load of lawyers and mediators along? I'm only half joking with this...

@ Tomasino: Get together and write down what you both expect from the divorce procedure. If there are too many differences you should get your own lawyer. My ex and I shared a lawyer. We discussed all of the issues beforehand, the lawyer filed the claim, three months later I was no longer fettered to a Dementor.

I'd be up for meeting, if anything getting out would be nice. I still haven't done much for myself other than open a new bank account. I moved 1/2 my belongings here and will need to rent a van or something to move the rest (have a bike and 45" tv I need to move). I would like to do a shared lawyer but she is REALLY starting to stress about the kids. My son made a comment about coming here to stay with me and thats got her crazy now; "now you already have him taking your side..." I haven't done ANYTHING to cause any side-taking or even made a hint about them coming here. I told her already I think they should be with her since she is great with them, admittedly a better parent than i could be in this situation. I don't see how we could have a whole lot to argue over since I don't have anything but my car and childhood things, and my big tv :)

Again, any lawyer suggestions are appreciated. I found some support website online that has a german lawyer that volunteers answers to questions, I will go that route for the time being and see if I get some helpful advice there as well (will share anything enlightening).

Thanks again everyone.

Try to explain to her that there are no sides. If there are, she has created them. And she should stop using the kids for her means because she is.

TT divorce night support group - why not?

Just read this! Actually a damn good idea there DD, may be worth thinking about. A quiet bar or someones living room and talk about the various pitfalls awaiting one.!

T'was my idea but someone always gets the credit for my good ones. B)

How many in this position do we have in/near Munich? Count me as one.

Any concrete personal recommendations for international divorce cases? Has anyone tried the advertised lawyers (Dr. Prymusala and Colleagues)?

Hi everyone. New to all this. Freshly seperated and thinking about when to make moves on divorce. After years of soul searching, counselling and trying everything we finally realised we were flogging a dead horse. He just moved out in February, but it was separate rooms for a long time before that, and might as well have been for a very long time before that again. We haven´t any hard and fast arrangements, except every second weekend. We still have to work out holidays and special occasions. Today is our younger daughters birthday so we all spent the morning together - but it´s his weekend so now I´m home alone. I think even just the morning was confusing for the kids. My older daughter keeps telling me things would be much better if we could just love each other and live together again. I guess it´s probably normal for things to be up and down for a while - even though we were just making each other unhappy for so long -and they are a bit down these days. Would love to meet up or chat with others in the same boat. Anyway, now that the nervewracking first post is over maybe Toytown wil help. Things can (and will) only get better :)

Hello everyone,

It looks like I've finally had enough and it is almost a relief to now be seriously considering divorce. Haven't sat husband down for 'the chat' yet, feel like I need to get my ducks in a row first and gather as much information as I can. So I am desperately in need of a recommendation for a divorce lawyer in Munich.

We are both British, but permanently resident in Germany, which, according to an English lawyer means that I actually cannot file for divorce in the UK? - I would have to be there for 6 months before I could file and in addition I'd have to prove that I intend to return to the UK permanently - which I don't want to do.

So I spoke to a German lawyer who told me that I should file for divorce in Germany, but because we got married in the UK, British Divorce law will apply. Bad news, as I can already see the euros disappearing in lawyers fees as, if the court does not fully understand UK case law, a consultant will have to be brought in to clarify (and guess who will have to pay for that)

So my question is, does anybody have experience with this situation or does anybody know of a lawyer who's handled cases like this before?

because we got married in the UK, British Divorce law will apply.

We (both British & living permanently in DE) were given the the choice between using British or German law - we chose British. That was back in 2004. Our case was straighforward and we chose to do without the "Versorgungsausgleich". It all depends on the individual situation how complicated things are/can be. Maybe things have changed since then. There doesn't seem to be the equivalent of the CAB here, so gathering information without consulting a lawyer could be difficult. Good luck!

@madgibson: Thank you so much for answer, may I ask why you chose to divorce under British law instead of German law? Is there a major difference? The way I see it, even if I get divorced under British law I would still have to pay the German fees which at the moment, makes me hyperventilate just thinking about it! And if we are able to reach an agreement about finances without slugging it out in court, how does that impact on the fees? Are we talking thousands or hundreds here?

[adminmerge][/adminmerge]

Hello,

Any recommendations or suggestions? Thank you in advance.