Cheap flights to Scotland from Germany

49 posts in this topic

Please please help, in despair right now.

I need to get back to any airport in scotland (edinburgh, glasgow, prestwick, aberdeen, etc).

I have tried most sites for tickets and the cheapest i can get is 110 from Frankfurt (Hahn) with ryanair. does anyone know the cost and timescales to get there?

would prefer to fly out of Munich and i can do that for €260 with Lufthansa. but i was certain that there was another airline that was going to restart flights to scotland as of this summer - have they started yet , if so what is their website?

Andy

Crosslink by admin: Munich Scotland Flights

bmibaby, and no they haven't. There was a 3 line article in the scotsman, but nothing since then.

Alternativly HLX fly to newcastle once a week...

I told you the other night what to do!! Sell your arse down the Hbf!

Ryanair means getting to Frankfurt then getting a 2 hour bus journey out to Hahn airport. Have you checked what flies from salzburg?

Easyjet to Stanstead, then immediate connecting flight to Glasgow.

Doing it for a mate's wedding at Loch Lomond this June.

Flying there on 25th and back on 31st with HLX. just have to get a bus or train up from newcastle then

Price summary

Outward flight (Oneway)

1 Adult

HLX rate

28,69 EUR 28,69 EUR

Taxes and duties

(Details) 38,69 EUR

Fare conditions

- HLX rates are exclusive of taxes and charges

- Fares are valid for the original route and named passengers only

- The total price is given at the end of the fare table

- Date & time changes are permitted via the Hapag-Lloyd Express call centre up to 2 hours prior to departure, subject to availability and a EUR 25/GBP 15/CHF 40/SEK 230 fee per person per segment, plus any applicable increase in fare

- There are no refunds or credits for flights not used, or in the case of a change, if the new fare is lower

Return flight (Oneway)

1 Adult

HLX rate

28,69 EUR 28,69 EUR

Taxes and duties

(Details) 10,34 EUR

Total price: 106,41 EUR

I've read the notices and the terms & conditions by Hapag-Lloyd Express and accept them as part of the carriage contract. (Please click to proceed.)

yeah usually fly with easyjet but getting to london screws me. thhought of klm or lufthansa but cant get cheaper than €260 i think.

dont mind where i fly for a connection.

this hlx might be good thought think i can get failry cheap with them, not sure of train tickets though but could maybe scam it. did that on the way over when i flew out of london to here, got all the way down there without getting checked, only down side i had to sit on the train for 6 hours with my eyes closed not speaking to anyone!! :D

you could get a bus from newcastle to edinburgh pretty cheap, even rail tickets if you book them far enough in advance would be cheap

Flugbuchung

with Czech airlines it was about 170 € when I checked but the link doesn't work too good, try it yourself.

I usually book with them and have never had any complaints btw.

thanks bootylicious. will check them out.

@wee mun nah at my house

@booty hows u? long tie no chat. seen u where asking about pole dancing lessons, i aint been on the thread yet but i could maybe suggest a few things if i come round to mine and let me see u dance. ;)

Scots Geeza

Take the Metro from Newcastle Airport to Central Station (run every 10-12 minutes or so during the day, direct train, no changes). Journey time about 20-25 minutes.

Tyne and Wear Metro used to work the same way as Munich, ie you could bunk it.

But they do have random inspectors "Checkies".

Getting a cheap flight to anywhere that isn't SE England is really shite IME. :angry:

costs about 2 pounds I think - maybe 2.40.

Yes, in theory, its possible to 'scam it'.

Geeza, you are going to bet 10€ on dundee utd against celtic and yet you are going to try and scam a 3€ train ride.

hear! €4.80 i plan on coming back. will stay for the sunday though to see the cup back in my hometown! ;)

schotte - €10  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

this is folly!

are you serious? i dont know if i can accept such a bet in that the outcome is almost a certainty and it would be like taking candy from a baby!

:)

The Metro in Newcastle is well easy to scam. Being little scumbags back in the day we used to get off the train in Sunderland and take the Metro into Newcastle. Never been checked on there.

Silly Geordies!