Username: root

Password (default): 123456

try also this (on the PC that has connection problems):

Start - Run - type msconfig. In the new window type the two following commands:

ipconfig /release

wait for it

ipconfig /renew

PS: Some instructions for the 802, in german though

Who the fuck cares. It is called a FRITZBOX. Would you buy a car called a "wankstain"? No. You wouldn't. Would you go into a crowded bar, and order a beer called "gayboy sperm"? No.

Fritzbox....

*shudder*

someday I must meet don_riina, though I'm sure I'll cower in his presence and grovel for his forgiveness for sharing oxygen with him.

OK, got a question about a Vodaphone 602 EasyBox we've been using almost 3 years now (provided by the company, of course) and it's suddenly acting up - a blinking blue power button. We plan to actually call Vodaphone tomorrow since the manual doesn't address the issue, and even though I consider myself fairly tech-savvy, I have never dealt with this type of router or tech support in Germany.

For the record, before we get off-track by discussing how stupid it is to take whatever the company gives you, here's my defense: my husband and I lived apart until last November, with him working here and me in California and then China. In both those places I ALWAYS bought my own modems and routers and set everything up. I was not here when this connection or box was setup and thus have no clue what the technician did, but the paperwork in the box is virtually USELESS other than telling you to do the obvious - restart or reset the box! Duh.

My personal guess is that this device was only made to work for like 2 years and since it's already been 3 the thing is probably kaputt. I did the obvious things above and un-plugged/re-plugged into different outlets, still get the blinking blue power button.

Anyone have any better ideas? Is there any online help for this device that would help? I've done the obvious Google searches but mein Deutsch ist noch schleckt, so maybe I missed something...

Anyone else ever had problems with wifi limited connection on a windows PC?

LAN cable works fine but not wifi

Pulling what little hair I left trying to fix this.

It's really strange as it's affecting only our PCs (windows 7 and 10) and our Apple TV

I've spent hours googling it to no avail!

there's quite a few PC cracks on T - I suspect you'll have give a lot more detail as to the problem  - I'm sure they'll be along shortly

First thing you should always do is reboot the router, which should solve around 85% of your issues. Turn it off, leave it powered off for one minute (I like to unplug it too so it's really getting NO juice), then boot it back up. After a few minutes, check how it is now.

It would help a lot to know what kind of router you have.

Update: everything seems to be working, my best guess it was a problem with either the antivirus or spybot. Should be noted I shut down and went out and did some shopping when I rebooted it was working again including apple TV.

As an old boss used to say about computer problems, "sometimes it's just PFM" that is pure fucking magic, in other words who knows

Connect one laptop to internet and the router software to start a hotspot. Connect all other laptops to this new hotspot. Simple eh ?

Hi all, I am with vodafone (unitymedia) and have a connect box connect to cable for internet.

With home office being the norm for me (thanks to corona) I am having the (usual) problems with wifi.

My router is on the ground floor, my pc on 1st floor. My house is pretty open so that wifi signal should not be disturbed too much by obstacles.

Anyway, can someone give me a solution on how to resolve wifi issues? Is for example, a powerline adapter the best way forward?

Recommendations, incl. which makes/models to buy would be highly appreciated!

What are the usual problems? Too slow?

I'd suggest installing a WiFi Analyzer on your smartphone and testing how the signal is.

I guess your router is from Vodafone? So I'd guess a WiFi repeater would be the best idea, I'll give you a suggestion, assuming that you have 2.4GHz and 5GHz...

https://smile.amazon.de/-/en/TP-Link-WiFi-Repeater-Wireless-White/dp/B083M9RD97/ref=sr_1_10?crid=2GM5XUPNBQ76A&dchild=1&keywords=WLAN-Repeater&qid=1600848212&sprefix=wifi+re%2Caps%2C431&sr=8-10

It has both bands, and can connect on one band to your router, and the other band to your PC, which is good because a repeater halves your speed (when repeating on the same band as it is connected to)

But first, I would measure the signal strength. 

16 minutes ago, BobbyDigital said:

What are the usual problems? Too slow?

But first, I would measure the signal strength. 

Too slow and often lost and reconnected, which causes havoc with my firm's global protect software.

Will measure strength...

42 minutes ago, dom said:

Thanks BD! Sorry, I forgot to mention that I have following repeater since a couple of weeks, sent to me by vodafone:

https://smile.amazon.de/FRITZ-Repeater-Gigabit-German-version/dp/B07V3TKDV5?ref_=ast_sto_dp

I haven't really seen an improvement with it. (Also background info: I have 50Mbit/s internet)

Is the repeater you recommended better? (I still have the chance to give my one back).

Assuming that that repeater is in fact using Mesh, it should be just fine. Make sure you are connected to the 5GHz for maximum bandwidth.

German reviews are not that great on it. One guy writes that you have to use the WPS button to set up the repeater in Mesh mode.

(I hate Fritzbox...)

I have the same issue and even have the vodafone repeater.  I have used a wifi app and it seems that if I could change channel or change to 5GHz, I would be okay but I can't seem to do either.  I am sure that in the past I have changed the channel, but can't seem to do that in the router settings any more.  I have the FritzBox! 6490 Cable.  I would be very grateful for some advice.

1 hour ago, dom said:

I am having the (usual) problems with wifi.

My router is on the ground floor, my pc on 1st floor. My house is pretty open so that wifi signal should not be disturbed too much by obstacles.

if at all possible, run a patch cable to the 1st floor.  (er, Second floor in American).  Maybe out one window and in another?  Maybe up a staircase?  Nothing gives good signal like an actual wire. 

If you need wifi on the higher floor, connect another router (e.g. a used one purchased from eBay, etc.) to the wire you ran upstairs and set up the old router as an access point. See, e.g., https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-turn-an-old-wi-fi-router-into-an-access-point/

43 minutes ago, sluzup said:

I have the same issue and even have the vodafone repeater.  I have used a wifi app and it seems that if I could change channel or change to 5GHz, I would be okay but I can't seem to do either.  I am sure that in the past I have changed the channel, but can't seem to do that in the router settings any more.  I have the FritzBox! 6490 Cable.  I would be very grateful for some advice.

Just looked up that Fritzbox (gag), the specs on it look pretty good. Are you able to log into  the admin interface? 

They probably have it set up with the same Network name for both 2.4 and 5GHz, I would rename your 5GHz, just put a -5G on the end of it. That way you can see and control which one you are connected to.

It's true that both of you could (probably are) having channel congestion, if you live in a Mehrfamilienhaus. If you can change the name of your networks, you should be able to change channels.

Do keep in mind that the 2.5GHz has better range, but not nearly as much throughput. I would suggest putting devices on that network that don't need the speed. For example, I have my PS4 and TV on the 5GHz, and smartphones/devices on the 2.4.

I have no experience with Fritzbox's mesh network, so I unfortunately can't add much to that.