189 posts in this topic

The 20 Most Hipster Cities in the World
(Dec. 2015)

1. Brooklyn, NY, US
2. Berlin, Germany
3. Riga, Latvia
4. Stockholm, Sweden
5. Montreal, Canada

Hipsters flock to Berlin. While the entire city is a mecca for Gen Xers, there’s one particular neighborhood that is the reigning kingdom of Hipsterdom: Kreuzberg.

What was once a very disadvantaged and poor area is now alive and hip once more, with street art, gourmet coffee houses and trendy bars, all catering to the young and hip. For many, this is an interesting transformation.

You see, Kreuzberg was once a divided city, with the Berlin Wall splitting it down the middle. Because of this, it was one of the poorest cities in all of Berlin. But ever since the Wall came down, it’s become the epicenter of everything awesome about Berlin.

berlin-hipsters.jpg?auto=format&cs=tinys

Does anybody else not know what a "Gen Xer" is, or am I just being a bit dense this evening?

2 minutes ago, LukeSkywalker said:

Dear Luke! the lady asked a question/ doth protest! Please answer! i can´t remember the answer!!:D..ps, have I ever told you I love the quote system on here?:ph34r:

I never have problems with the quote system, but I'm part of Gen X and you are part of the famous Baby-Boomers, ie. very old 😀.

The Ranking industry seems pretty busy now ...

Best LGBT Cities 2017
(Nestpick)

1    Madrid    
2    Amsterdam    
3    Toronto    
4    Tel Aviv    
5    London
6    Berlin    
7    Brighton    
8    Barcelona    
9    New York City    
10    San Francisco

Berlin is the number one city in the world to work while you travel

Digital-heavy roles like freelance writers, editors, social media managers, designers, web developers and graphic designers, can often have the freedom of choosing where they want to work from around the globe. Berlin’s reasonable rent, wealth of culture and geographical location make it an attractive base for people seeking to explore while earning a steady income.

Best_Cities_Infographic_1-04-552x1024.jp

A coalition of 25 global firms, including Deutsche Bank, KPMG and Accenture, released the Open for Business report today to reflect that LGBT+ inclusion "goes hand-in-hand" with economic performance and productivity in cities.

New York, London, Berlin and San Francisco were among the most open for business cities in the world, while Cairo, Jeddah and Lagos were grouped among the least.

London
Amsterdam
New York
Berlin
San Francisco
Chicago
Stockholm
Dublin
Toronto
Washington DC

Nothing bad in loving Berlin, but making a Captain Obvious study comparing Berlin with Cairo that is... so Berlin!

Bavaria pays you 3 billion euro per year for that bullshit!

13 hours ago, yourkeau said:

Bavaria pays you 3 billion euro per year for that bullshit!

Wir bedanken uns recht herzlich! :lol:

20 hours ago, john g. said:

Nothing wrong with loving Berlin but who are you? Why the secrecy?

There are no secrets.

I´m reading Berlin related news on a daily basis. In German and in English.

For more than 15 years now. When I find something that fits a thread I´m sharing it.

BTW, yes, I am a kind of "Berlin mayor" in a way nobody can imagine. But this story, for sure, will be kept as a secret.

As the Secret Mayor of Berlin I welcome all monetary contributions of the Province of Bavaria to Berlin. Your investments add to the glory of the capital and in the end to the glory of the Fatherland as a whole.:lol:

Without the invention of Augustiner Beer Berlin would be a dreary place.  Thank you for this as well.

1 hour ago, Lear said:

There are no secrets.

For more than 15 years now. When I find something that fits a thread I´m sharing it.

BTW, yes, I am a kind of "Berlin mayor" in a way nobody can imagine. But this story, for sure, will be kept as a secret.

As the Secret Mayor of Berlin I welcome all monetary contributions of the Province of Bavaria to Berlin. Your investments add to the glory of the capital and in the end to the glory of the Fatherland as a whole.:lol:

Without the invention of Augustiner Beer Berlin would be a dreary place.  Thank you for this as well.

:DI´m glad you are not really a robot!!! You really exist!!

On 25.1.2018, 17:55:05, Lear said:

There are no secrets.

This would be a perfect text to use for English students to 'find the grammar mistakes".