Bayern rail ticket is valid for local transport

25 posts in this topic

I'm staying in Munich and will be buying a Bayern ticket for a day trip to Regensburg. Does the ticket allow me to use the bus or S/U-bahn system there?

Thanks.

I'm still trying to work out these Bayern tickets. I'd like to make more use of them but can't quite work out what they are valid for.

Does anyone know:

Are these for weekends only or can they be used during the week or public holidays also?

Are they for two trips (eg return) in one day only?

From the English Website:

Bayern-Ticket (Bavaria-Ticket)

EUR 24 if you buy your ticket online or at the ticket machine. EUR 26 if you purchase your ticket at the ReiseZentrum.

This ticket is valid from Monday to Sunday for one day of your choice from 9 a.m. until 3 a.m. of the following day (on bank holidays for the whole day)on Saturday and Sunday and bank holidays from from 0 a.m. until 3 a.m. of the following day. It can be used on all local trains (InterRegioExpress, RegionalExpress, RegionalBahn, S-Bahn) and the entire transport system in Bavaria as well as the Münchner Verkehrsbund (MVV) and Verkehrsverbund Nürnberg (VGN), Augsburger Verkehrs- und Tarifverbundes (AVV). In trains of the Bayerischen Oberlandbahn GmbH (BOB), Regental-Bahnbetriebs GmbH (RGB), Kahlgrund Verkehrsgesellschaft mbH (KVG), ALEX-trains of the EuroTHURBO GmbH, as well as on certain parts of the Vogtlandbahn (VGB). This offer is valid to Ulm Hbf, Kufstein and Salzburg, the Außerfernbahn, between Lindau-Memmingen via Kißlegg, in buses of the Omnibusverkehr Franken GmbH (OVF), Kreisomnibusbetrieb Bad Kissingen GmbH (KOB), Regionalbus Ostbayern GmbH (RBO), Regionalverkehr Oberbayern GmbH (RVO), Regionalverkehr Allgäu GmbH (RVA) and Regionalverkehr Bayerisch-Schwaben GmbH (RBS). It is only valid for 2nd class.

For up to 5 persons traveling together or for parents (or one parent) traveling with any number of their children under 15.

No restriction on the number of trips/journeys in one day

To answer your specific questions (at the risk of repetition) because the English text is a tad confusing here:

Are these for weekends only or can they be used during the week or public holidays also?

You can use them on working days but not until 9 a.m.

Are they for two trips (eg return) in one day only?

You can ride around as much as you want during the period of validity.

While the website says "entire transport network" does this mean the fast IC trains (thinking Munich nach Salzburg)

@Mr&MrsC

Read the above rules/restriction again...

InterRegioExpress, RegionalExpress, RegionalBahn, S-Bahn

This would mean IR,RE,RB & Sbahn

When they say "Entire transport network" they mean everything else

that they explicilty didn't already cover, such as the lake boats, and local

transport companies that are part of the bigger verkers group..

There is an option to add the IC trains to the SchonesWochende ticket

but I don't think it can be done for the Bayern Ticket... Check the machine

when you go to get your ticket, if it's avail. for the ticket you selected it

will let you know and give you the option of adding it..

For the purposes of Bayern Ticket: Salzburg, Kufstein, the AussenFernBahn in Austria via Reutte and Ulm count as within Bavaria.

If you use the Schönes Wochenende Ticket (weekends only) which is valid in ALL of Germany not ust Bavaria it also covers a fair bit of the Czech Republic too as far as Pilsen.

just a simple question

Is the bayern ticket available for the U-bahn and the S-bahn?

cheers,

Hosam

Topics merged by admin

if you mean 'is it valid on the U/S Bahn' then I'm pretty sure the answer is yes

Does anyone know if a BK is good for the buses in Ingolstadt? I ask because I get the impression that the buses here are a different sort of operation to the MVV. Can smaller firms opt out of the Bayern Karte? I could have asked but like the question about why mummy and daddy were doing what they were doing, I was too shy :)

Cheers

If you mean a "Bayern Ticket", then then its possible. Just ask a bus driver or at the local INVG service center.

Most of the time the BT is only good for the citycenter zones, not the entire local transport network. It prob.

will not be accepted on the KVB buses as they are a special express service. But it doesn't hurt to ask.

Does anyone know if a BK is good for the buses in Ingolstadt?

Yes you can use it on INVG services. It states this on the Bayern Ticket webpage, as you might expect. Link.

Most of the time the BT is only good for the citycenter zones, not the entire local transport network.

Nonsense. You're thinking of a BahnCard City-Ticket.

It prob. will not be accepted on the KVB buses

On the what now?

Interesting.. They used to list 7-8 local transport groups where the BT was valid, but INVG was not one of the listed partners.

Just goes back to my above comment, ask before you get on the bus.