Reputation points transparency

Do you want to see who is giving you the ups and downs?   538 votes

1. 1. Do you want to keep things honest?

• Yes, I want to see who is rating me and how
    • No, I don't give a flying <insert word of choice>
    • Damn, they found me out
    • No,no,no, I want to continue rating people down regardless of what they post
    • May the circle jerk be unbroken
    • WTF?
    • It would be interesting to see who is rating who the highest
    • It would be interesting to see who is rating who the lowest
    • Ignorance is bliss

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1,635 posts in this topic

The reputation feature is kind of quaint. It sort of means nothing but it also shows who the main contributors are. Basically you can get a high reputation by talking reasonable sense, being funny or mentioning boobies. I went the low road and it worked.

Every once in a while you see completely illogical rating points , but usually these work their way out of the system. Perhaps the ability to say 'I want to make my rating of this post public' and add a comment might be nice.

Oh and once a while half an hour where you can see where everybody did make ratings , just for a giggle.

I don't think there's much point. The majority of people on the board and giving ratings are lurkers. You won't know them. I suppose there might be some entertainment value in seeing if your own nemesis is stalking you.

Edit: there are 70 members on now, about half of the of non-anonymous ones don't seem to have posted.

I think if people wanted their opinion to be public, they'd post it. The only real problem with the current system is that people might be discouraged from expressing unpopular opinions for fear of getting negged to death.

No, the problem is that posts that neither deserve a plus or minus are getting just that. I think it would be quite interesting and informative to see who is giving the random negs and pos. I think if the system is more transparent, then the system would be more informative.

If votes are publicized, I see lots of "Hey, that fecker gave me a -1 - now he gets one back (muhahaha)".

BTW: For transparency's sake, I voted "I don't give a flying..." and "WTF?" because I don't really seriously enough to care either way.

Perhaps that fecker deserves one back. That is the problem that needs to be fixed. If you are going to give pluses and minuses, then list who is giving them.

Look, I have got minus two for even posting this. I would love to know what low life fuckers gave me a minus 2 for mentioning that the system needs to be fixed. I doubt those fucktards would give me a neg if they knew they would be known.

Full disclosure: I voted "I don't give a"

I think the reputation feature would be more useful if people would mostly use it if they're in favor of someone's comments, without the necessity of creating a new post to indicate it.

It is frustrating when someone gives you negatives and doesn't care to clarify why on the thread.

Look, I have got minus two for even posting this.

I only neg people who bitch about being negged. Other people seem to do the same. So a thread bitching about negging is bound to get negged. Not by me this time though, I hasten to add, in fact I haven't negged you so far.

Time for the Internetz Baggage Check:

Are the people in the forum giving you money? Nope.

Are the people in the forum giving you hawt sex (other than significant others)? Nope.

Are you in the Will & Testament of any of the wealthy members of this forum? Nope.

All signs point to- Don't give a ****.

Feel free to use this checklist when you're worried about the opinions of anybody that's not in your inner circle. Other than that, just try to be civil and respectful when you can. For some it's easy, for others...well a lapse every now and then isn't the end of the world. :P

Yes, you can pick more than one answer.

Why? The poll is useless if you can select multiple answers, some of which may contradict each other.

post-10-12557416882492_thumb.png

In the spirit of transparency: I voted your opening post positive, but that was cancelled out by giving negative to one of the later whiny posts.

Who gives a flying rip out of a rats ass anyway? Like it has some actual effect on your life.

The reputation feature is kind of quaint. It sort of means fuck all but it also shows who the main contributors are. Basically you can get a high reputation by talking reasonable sense, being funny or mentioning boobies. I went the low road and it worked.

Every once in a while you see completely illogical rating points , but usually these work their way out of the system. Perhaps the ability to say 'I want to make my rating of this post public' and add a comment might be nice.

Oh and once a while half an hour where you can see where everybody did make ratings , just for a giggle.

+1 for mentioning boobies

This is why I adore clepto and not so much as me still trying to sleep with her. It is because she is making a valid point. The system is valid. You make a dumb remark even though you believe in it you get penalised. If you feel validated by your remark then that is all that matters. If you get negged because your remark then , if you care, take note that the consensus do not like your remark. Are you saying that all those that voted Obama or McCain should be outed so they can be reprimanded because in reality that IS what you are saying?

Do not be one of those that cries that "I am not popular because..." because that is a an even dumber remark. I have realised with the merging of Brit board, and the local on TT the "cool" group do not have the influence that so many want to to believe. More of a representation that dumb remarks WILL BE marked down for being dumb remarks. If you want to relieve your king status go to that frat/high school reunion more often.

No offense and I am a bit drunk/pissed.

Katekoala call me.

+1 for chancing ur arm