Anyone living in Germany but working remotely?

68 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, DanglingPointer said:

. Now she got an opportunity to work remotely from a Cyprus based company.

From or for? Will she be residing in Cyprus or Germany?

@PandaMunich you mention the option of having a German employment contract from a foreign employer. Presumably the employer would need to know what goes into a German contract? Presumably by consulting a German employment lawyer? Or is there some other way, like the info being publicly available or available from a German government source?

On 10/31/2009, 9:15:04, laney said:

ha ha, tax tax tax.

if you are a free independent mature human being and you're own boss, I suggest notifying your government that you claim responsibility for your own actions and life; and exist free of statutory restraint and obligations such as tax which funds war.

To do this you need to develop self ownership through knowledge (do some research, don't be hasty). If interested, start here with a notice of understanding and intent and claim of right:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ft_Qbx84rw

look up robert arthur menard

B)

he he, I wonder if unleashing this little chestnut will earn me some dirty looks on the forum!

ahhhh yes, a sovereign citizen. I thought your kind only existed in the states, guess I was wrong. Please keep us posted about how laws and taxes dont apply to you. Dont kill any police or conduct any paperwork terrorism on the court system; they will probably lock you up for that weather you agree with it or not.

8 minutes ago, Petro6golf said:

ahhhh yes, a sovereign citizen. I thought your kind only existed in the states, guess I was wrong. Please keep us posted about how laws and taxes dont apply to you. Dont kill any police or conduct any paperwork terrorism on the court system; they will probably lock you up for that weather you agree with it or not.

did you happen to notice the date of the posting?

Hi guys, need some advice please on this topic.  My wife, child and I live in Munich though are moving to Cork in the summer.  I can continue working 100% remotely for my German company.  We also have an office in Dublin although I would remain with the German branch. Do I pay all my income tax in Germany and Social Security?  Thank you

On 01/03/2021, 10:10:32, IrishmaninMunich said:

Hi guys, need some advice please on this topic.  My wife, child and I live in Munich though are moving to Cork in the summer.  I can continue working 100% remotely for my German company.  We also have an office in Dublin although I would remain with the German branch. Do I pay all my income tax in Germany and Social Security?  Thank you

You will pay taxes based on where you live, to the tax authorities of the country you live in - Germany has no right or expectation of receiving taxes for anyone who lives abroad. Your HR depertment should be aware. You need your company to transfer to the Irish branch for admin purposes.

Many thanks dw71111.  I will be in Germany full time this tax year over 183 days and still come back for meetings to germany from Ireland although no apartment after July.  Would I tax income in Germany for the whole 2021 year then start the 2022 year through the Irish department, if my HR are happy with me remaining on a German contract for 2021 while I work remote?