Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Has anyone used Crocodilian to rent an apartment?

6 posts in this topic

Hi there

I know that there are hundred of posts on renting apartments but I would like to know if anyone has had any specific dealings with the company Crocodilian? Their webiste is http://www.rooms-in-berlin.com/ and they seem to have a very legitimate website and lots of flats to rent (mainly short term).

However to make an initial enquiry about the flats you have to give your credit card details, and their commission seems to be quite high. Has anyone used them before? What expereince did you have?

I am coming back over to Berlin for the summer next year for 2/3 months and what the site offers suits my needs, but it is difficult to tell a scam when I am not in the country looking for flats!

I have lots of info on all of the usual other places, I am just interested in this particular one.

Many thanks

Bexy

Hi Bexylady,

You can trust them . The rates that they charge are similar to the rates other companies that find flats for you in Berlin charge. The cheapest way to go about it would be check zwischenmiete.de or immowelt.de. However, I assume that you do not know many people who can help you out and do not speak any German. So, then, it is not bad to use the services of companies like Crocodilian. After a few months, you can find your own flat anyways. So,maybe, it makes sense to rent a flat through them for 3 or 6 months.

Hello Bexylady,

I just moved out to Berlin from the states and had a bad time finding a good site in English any ways to find a flat. I used Crocodilian and got a nice flat. The fee is a bit ridiculous but the flat is very very nice.

What you see on the site is what you get as well, which is always nice.

The credit card details are only there to safe guard them so they can take a fee if you rent with them, as they put you in contact with the landlord afterwards.

Hope it works out well for you.

Hi

Thanks for your replies! I speak German, but I find that other sites don't have many pictures which is not very useful as I am unable to view anywhere as I am in the Uk at the moment. Thanks for your help!

Bexy :)

Hello,

I have used Crocodilian on numerous occasions over the years and they have great accomodations for short term stays in Berlin. Their Provision is a typical comission fee calculated by the length of your rental period. They have a chart to determine how much you will pay.

Hi there,

please notice that rental agencies are not allowed to ask for commission fees from tenants any longer - if the rental agreement has been concluded after June 1, 2015.  So Crocodilian is not asking for credit cards any more.
They now have videos of their furnished apartments on their website by the way.