Need Cat Sitter or Boarding Facility

17 posts in this topic

Hello All

I have been following the discussions on this site for quite awhile and now I am hoping someone can give some advice on my problem. I am going on vacation in December and I need either a cat sitter or a boarding/pension for my two cats. I live in the Frankfurt area but can drive to a close city. I have searched the internet and believe me the pickings are scarces. One of the problems is that my 'kids' need to be in a cage together with no other cats. They also eat special food which I can furnish. These two were rescued from a terrible situation last year (they were hospitalized for a month before they could be adopted) so they are very timid.

We use Katzenpension Ober-Moerlen. Hr. + Fr. Obleser are wonderful, very loving and bonkers about kittehs. They will accommodate your mogsters in a single enclosure no problem. It's more of a 5-Star Kitteh Resort than a pension.

Ditto you providing special food (they do prefer to give all the cats the same food to avoid "jealousy" - but we pressed them on this one, and they were happy to comply).

The only slight inflexibility is that there is a very limited dropping off / picking up "window" (early evenings, daily). The reason for this is that for the good of the residents, they don't want a constant stream of owners coming in and out of the Pension - fair enough, when you think about it - particularly in the case of skittish kittehs like yours.

You will of course need full, up-to-date veterinary records (jabs etc.)

As a "first-timer" they will ask you for payment by bank transfer.

Ober-Moerlen is one junction north of Koppern on the A5 - about a 30-minute drive from central FFM - possibly a bit far out for you. If you can bear the distance, then these people come very highly recommended by the Kuzzer household.

Katzenpension Ober-Moerlen

Usingerstr. 24

61239 Ober-Moerlen

Tel: 06002 7063 / Mob: 0172 677 4082

K

Where are you located and how long will you be away? Would you accept someone coming into your home to feed/care for the cats a few times a day? I am currently out of work as my husband and I have just moved from the US 1 week ago. I am interested in anything to get me out of the hotel and I really LOVE animals, as I have 2 dogs of my own. If I can help in anyway, please let me know!

Thanks,

Susan M.

I use Herr Lorenz Noll: http://www.tierbetreuung-vor-ort.de/

Cat sitter

He is very reliable.

Not sure that he could travel to Frankfurt, but if you are the on the outskirts towards Mainz he may be able to accomodate you.

Kuzzer - great tip! I will save that for when Herr Noll is unavailable!

i will feed the cats for 5euro per hour

i live in sachsenhausen,frankfurt and i have a monatskarte

asho322@hotmail.com

My cats recently stayed at www.care4cats.de and they were very well looked after. All the cats returned home calm and happy.

However, there was one glitch because my cats require a special grain-free diet and care4cats is not really geared up to coping with special feeding requirements. Unfortunately I hadn't understood all the information on the website, so if you are thinking of using them, then read below to understand their 'concept'.

The 'concept' is that all cats staying in the pension share the same space and the same food. Wet and dry food is made available constantly. This is great if you don't mind what your cat eats, but if your cats cannot eat dry food or need a special diet then this pension isn't able to accommodate the cats needs. Care4cats did a good job of coping with my cats on this one occasion and kept my cats separate from the others, but it was an inconvenience to them and they made it clear to me that they don't normally operate outside of their concept.

Hello, My boyfriend and I have several trips planned over the next few months and need to find a tier pension that could take care of our rabbit. If anyone knows of such a place please let us know as I have been scouring the internet with little success!

Ellie

I have a rabbit, and will be happy to watch your rabbit too, if you provide food and then just a small payment for keeping the cage clean, etc. Just send me a message.

I have just used The Cat Company, here in Frankfurt, to board my three cats and the service was excellent. Cat Company

The cats came home happy and content and in excellent health. The owner, Sary Floßmann-Kraus, had no problem accommodating the special diet requirements and was able to provide an exclusive room for my cats. I arrived early, both to deliver and collect the cats, and was impressed to see the cat room was spotlessly clean.

Cost wise the cat company was more expensive that the boarding facilities out of Frankfurt but it was also more convenient and my cats seemed more relaxed after staying at Cat Company than they did when they stayed at Care4Ccats (see previous post). There is one thing to note - Cat Compny does not except delivery or pick-up on Sundays. The impact if you are returning on a Sunday or late Saturday is that the customer has pay the extra days boarding and pick the cats up on Monday.

Hi all,

We are looking for a cat sitter in Frankfurt am Main.

The first period will be of a couple of weeks in December / January but further opportunities will come up afterwards.

Post if you know of someone that could help and/or directly PM me if you are interested.

References are welcome.

Thanks and best regards,

João

Hello, we live in Sachsenhausen and are at the almost last minute in need of a cat sitter. We need someone from July 1st through July 12. Cat hotels are not a good option as our cat does not socialize well with other cats. Anyone know of someone willing to visit the cats home daily?

Thanks

Apologies but are there any recent experiences out there on this?

We would need a reliable place for end of May. Ideally somewhere spacious and individual for our cat.

Many thanks

J

When you look for petsitter, I would definitely recommend this website: pawshake.com

We used it several time, and were always very happy with the catsitter we found there (and the website does not pay me for advertisement, I swear !)

The platform can be used for free and shows you petsitters in your area. Then you book through the website, that covers the service with an insurance and take a commission. Prices are slightly more expensive that finding the person by yourself, but makes everything easier !