Where to buy retro lighting in Berlin

8 posts in this topic

Any idea where I can find some cool retro looking ceiling lights. I have looked at ikea/bauhaus etc and known of them have what i am looking for. here is the general look http://www.tablelamps2go.co.uk/products_id/409/product_info.php (but a bit more retro then this) and lights in picture at http://www.sherwoodcafe.com/

thanks for your help in advance.

wendy

i would say before it gets too cold, you can try the flea markets, sometimes you can find something worthy! (tiergarten, arkonaplz, mauerpark). there are also some shops on Oderbergerstr, near mauerpark, that amongst other things (like clothing, 70s memorabilia etc) carry lights. and there is a lights shop on rosenthalerstr, right before rosenthalerplz Ubahn stop that has all kinds of lights in the windows, some anitque-y, some retro-ish. the prices are sort of steep however, at least for me at the moment, so i have only looked in the window so far. also, not sure about the address, but you can't miss it!

hope that's some sort of a start for you

:)

Not far from S-Bahn Charlottenburg. There is a small lamp shop, where you can find all kinds of old, vintage, 60's etc. lamps, modren lamps also, but not so many. It's a corner of Droysenstr./Gervinusstr. You won't miss it - it's packed with lamps. :)

The antique market under the arches at Friedrich Str. S/U-Bahn is worth a look. Maybe not the cheapest, but if you want cheap be prepared to get down the fleamarkets early. (Or very late...if its been a crap day, you can sometimes get great prices just as people are packing up)