My wife is at Oktoberfest alone

78 posts in this topic

my wife is in Munich on business, finished with meetings and now has two free days at Oktoberfest. She's been known to do stupid things when drunk before (read between the lines), give me the unvarnished truth about what might be going on there.

She could be having a few drinks and a good laugh or she could be currently being spit-roasted by Belgians or something in between the two.

Or very probably both at the same time. But I'm betting on Italians, not Belgians.

If you're that worried about it, just sleep with someone while she's gone. Then you'll be even.

It won't be the Italians, MrNosey, their mothers will have expected them home latest yesterday.

Good point. Most definitely Italians. Or the Dutch. You can never be too careful regarding the Dutch.

Nice to see you have so much trust in your relationship. Must be a real joy for you. I hope you got the pre-nup signed.

Nice to see you have so much trust in your relationship. Must be a real joy for you. I hope you got the pre-nup signed.

Now now dude again a bit harsh yet I do agree with you. In his defense she may have a fetish for Caravans and again it is the fest.

Good point. Most definitely Italians. Or the Dutch. You can never be too careful regarding the Dutch.

Are you kidding? He wants her to be having a good time.

No doubt tomorrow we'll have the "I think I caught a dose of Dutch/Belgian/Italian (delete as appropriate) at Oktoberfest, what should I do if my husband finds out?" thread

"I think I caught a dose of Dutch/Belgian/Italian (delete as appropriate) at Oktoberfest, what should I do if my husband finds out?"

that kind of goes against the motto - "what goes on at the 'fest stays at the 'fest" doesn't it?

If you know that your wife has done stupid things while drunk in the past, why worry yourself about it now? You're still married to her, even after her drunk escapades. Anyway, did you know, in advance, that she was going to the Oktoberfest? Is there a reason why you could not take off to attend the Oktoberfest with her?

Is there a reason why you could not take off to attend the Oktoberfest with her?

Yes - Belgians, Italians, Dutch, Germans....

I don't think he wants to have to stand in line until she is done...

the trip was no surprise, our schedules just didn't work out and it was a business trip for her so I wouldn't have fit it (she's at the fest with her work mates).

i must say the humor on this thread is softening the anxiety I'm feeling.